AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 ETA?

I found a local dealer today, he spoke with 2 of his distributors. One said March and the other said a couple of weeks. So we'll see. I'm going tomorrow to put down my deposit. :)

Is it really that necessary to put down deposit like for "Playstation 3, Xbox 360" ?

I mean, is it ganna be big line-up for AVIC-D3 ?

Not sure for USA, but for where I live, Vancouver Canada. There ain't even that many ppl mod with aftermarket 2-DIN navi. Most of them go for muti-media system(none-navi).

I guess it's easier to purchase cheaper D3 in USA rather than in Canada cuz D2 is around $1999 CAD here.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey im new to the forums and am also very excited to get the d3...i was looking around the internet for websites taking preorders and found this...

http://www.tundraelectronics.com/cart/p ... 90999.html

it is taking preorders for $100, and also says "EXPECTED RELEASE DATE BY PIONEER IS 02/28/06 THAT IS ONLY AN ESTIMATED DATE IT COULD BE MOVED UP OR DOWN"

i found that interesting.

I just called that Tundra electronics place. They said they have 50 on order but are not sure if they are expecting all 50 in at the same time, however the shipment is scheduled for 2/28/07 and they will not know how many they are ACTUALLY receiving in on the 28th until it arrives, despite the fact that he said they have 50 on order. Currently there are 11 slots reserved.

I was a little skeptical about throwing a $100 as a deposit to some online retailer that i never heard of before, but after talking with him, the seemed like a pretty reasonable business and admitted that if 2-3 months passes and you still don't have the D3, a refund for the deposit is in line.

Anybody have any feedback on this company before I order it up.

(1) I just got the latest Crutchfield catalogue and there are no Pioneer Nav units in it whatsoever. To me that means that release of the new units is imminent. I don't think we'll have to wait 'till May like some people suggest.

(2) I doubt that it will be very difficult to get your hands on one of the first of these units if you keep tabs on your local installer and check in the first few days in March. But I could easily see them being difficult to source a few weeks later once the general public starts learning about it.

I just called that Tundra electronics place. They said they have 50 on order but are not sure if they are expecting all 50 in at the same time, however the shipment is scheduled for 2/28/07 and they will not know how many they are ACTUALLY receiving in on the 28th until it arrives, despite the fact that he said they have 50 on order. Currently there are 11 slots reserved.

I was a little skeptical about throwing a $100 as a deposit to some online retailer that i never heard of before, but after talking with him, the seemed like a pretty reasonable business and admitted that if 2-3 months passes and you still don't have the D3, a refund for the deposit is in line.

Anybody have any feedback on this company before I order it up.

I got my Pioneer DEH-9800BT HU from them back in July. They were selling them on ebay. I got the unit in 2 days from them. They are in my opinion a pretty up front company.

Latest word from our Pioneer guy is that we should be seeing some D3s in February, but probably not enough to fill all of every dealer's order. They won't know exactly how many until after 2/10 but there should be more coming in March to fill whatever they don't get to in Feb. Sounds like dealers may not get every one that they ordered, but at least some should be here on time. Sweet!