AVIC411.com

Z110BT USA Upgrade with CSND-210FM (2011)

I recently picked up a used Z110BT. The previous owner worked at a local car-fi shop and did an update or two himself. I believe these were "legit" updates direct from Pioneer, not hacks.

Based on the following version info from my HU, can anyone suggest the correct steps to update to the version in this thread?

Platform Version: 2.000

Application Version: 2.002

Version: 02.0000

Bluetooth Firmware Version: 3.11

Mecha Version: 01.01.05.00

Thanks!

-Brett.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Begin at step 1 on post 1 of this thread.

OK, thanks for the reply.

For reference - I was looking for clarification since the first post starts off "If some of you are running AVIC-Z110BT with Application Version 2.00300..." (emphasis mine) and I'm at 2.002. Wasn't sure if I had to get to 2.003 first somehow and then continue from step 1.

EDIT: I was able to successfully update by following the instructions in the first post. Thanks for the help, and thanks to rgarjr for coordinating/releasing this.

Thanks,

-Brett.

Edited by zzoinks

Can someone please help me? I'm stuck on Application Version 1.001 and I can't seem to get past this point. I've tried the ShortFuse process of updating to 1.002, but it remains at 1.001. And now, if I try again, it doesn't even recognize the SD card update so it does nothing! Is there something I'm missing?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the correct bluetooth version is included on the SD2 card of the US update?

I installled SD1 with no issue. My current bluetooth stack is 3.11.

The bluetooth firmware upgrade option is greyed out in settings with on the contents of the SD2 card.

Any help is much appreciated.

I don't know the answer, but I think you raised an important point. A Z110/120 + CNSD-210FM does not equal a Z130BT. They are different internally and functionally. It merely updates the maps and adds some new applications; and support for the new traffic tuner. I think, on this board, we should not refer to an upgraded unit as a Z130. It will eventually lead to problems and confusion.

Just my $.02.

@RonS: I feel you are very right. Not that I have anything against the nice people who have been kind enough to share the update,I actually purchased the Upgrade Kit, thinking that it would be visually different like the CNSD-110FM, and add functions of the Z130BT, but I have been highly disappointed, as personally, I believe it would have been better as it was. Unless I somehow have had an incomplete installation, I do not have Pandora, and not having the improved interface of the iPod/iPhone player, which was the main reason I had for installing the upgrade. I am sure there are many more, as I have been so disappointed that I have not ventured to test or play with anything more. :neutral:

@RonS: I feel you are very right. Not that I have anything against the nice people who have been kind enough to share the update,I actually purchased the Upgrade Kit, thinking that it would be visually different like the CNSD-110FM, and add functions of the Z130BT, but I have been highly disappointed, as personally, I believe it would have been better as it was. Unless I somehow have had an incomplete installation, I do not have Pandora, and not having the improved interface of the iPod/iPhone player, which was the main reason I had for installing the upgrade. I am sure there are many more, as I have been so disappointed that I have not ventured to test or play with anything more. :neutral:

I too was kinda disappointed - not a big difference for me since I don't have an iPhone or traffic tuner. However, you should see the Pandora and AHA icons on the left hand wheel. If not, something is wrong.

Actually, all that extra stuff in the wheel is one of my complaints. I wish I could remove those icons that I either don't have or never use, so I wouldn't have to rotate it all the time. The wheel doesn't spin very well. I'm always accidentally selecting something while attempting to rotate the wheel.

Quick note for updating the first post...

- Please change the term update package for "firmware update" and explain that is the cracked file. After that you can perform the "system/client" update CSND-210FM.

- Also copy the link to the firmware download next to that reference.

Is confusing the first time.

thanks

Seems pretty clea

Quick note for updating the first post...

- Please change the term update package for "firmware update" and explain that is the cracked file. After that you can perform the "system/client" update CSND-210FM.

- Also copy the link to the firmware download next to that reference.

Is confusing the first time.

thanks

Not very likely - post #1 is member StefanSki's one and only post - I fear he's departed us. :o So maybe a mod will edit it.

My only problem is: the title implies z110 (v1.x) to CNSD-210FM (v3.x), but it really requires a z120 (v2.x or CNSD-110FM). Other than that it seems clearer than most of the how-to instructions. There are other threads that explain every little detail - for those who need that.

However, I find that it is much easier to follow (and later refer to) instructions when each step is numbered.

But this is a VERY long thread that probably has veered off topic many times. I don't think it is very helpful to noobs who don't understand the process or the reason for each step.