AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

So, I see another update to the appradio app today, I'm guessing it's another stay away job.

So the big question, with ios 6.1 jailbreak just about to be released (literally minutes) will this aid the update of app radio extensions and how is the progress coming on with ios 6.1 ???

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey does anyone know of a tweak in cydia that can make your springboard rotate and display in landscape mode through the appradio?

I've tried SB Rotator but it only rotates rarely to appear in landscape mode on the radio. All the other times it will appear rotated but in portrait mode on the radio. Mike Decaro has done some amazing work with App Radio Extensions. Just want to know if anyone knows how I can get my springboard and all the other unsupported apps that only allow portrait mode to appear wider and not pixelated on the radio? Or are there any futures plans for App Radio Extensions 2.0 to have unsupported apps like the home app that displays the iDevice's springboard appear in a bigger resolution? I'm currently on App Radio 1.8.2, Downgraded after finding out unsupported apps weren't functioning..

ac5fd6bf-e305-4e72-bc46-ea0154622677.jpg

If I update my 4th gen iTouch to ios 6.1 jailbreak, will Appradio Extensions be more responsive/less laggy?  Also will the unsupported apps still function?  I'm currently on Appradio 1.8.2, so wasnt sure whether it was just the appradio app firmware or the ios firmware that affected appradio extensions functionality.  

Hey Mike, a while back you mentioned that you were going to open source this extension. Has that been done yet? If so, where is the code hosted?

I never got around to posting it. It's still on the list, I've just been really busy so it got bumped down behind iOS6 and the AppRadio app update.

Does anything work for iOS6.1? Im mostly interested in the Siri function for texting and driving. I used it with iOS 5.

Everything should work except for controlling unsupported apps. You will just be able to display them until I find another workaround. The Siri functionality is still buggy but I'm definitely working on it. I use Siri a lot in the car.

If I update my 4th gen iTouch to ios 6.1 jailbreak, will Appradio Extensions be more responsive/less laggy?  Also will the unsupported apps still function?  I'm currently on Appradio 1.8.2, so wasnt sure whether it was just the appradio app firmware or the ios firmware that affected appradio extensions functionality.

Not sure about the lag (my iPhone 4 is a bit laggy, it's on the todo list). Unsupported apps will just be viewable for now (see the first post). It's a limitation in iOS 6. The latest AppRadio app and firmware will be supported.

IOS 6.1 AppRadio 2.0.1  I can only get the time and the battery percentage to work no Siri button.  Also every time I exit the AppRadio app the phone crashes and goes to safe mode.  Also I tried using AppRadio 1.8.2 but I only get a black screen on the AppRadio.  I do not have backgrounder installed.

• RonS locked this topic