AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

New to AppRadio - have an Iphone 4 32GB w/ IOS 6.01 and planning on doing the tethered jailbreak later this evening. To get the AppRadio Extensions working all I need to do is download this and Backgrounder via Cydia? Also - have the TR7 + relay bypass in place - I'm assuming this is a prerequisite for AppRadio extensions? Thanks.

step 1 it says:

Instructions:

Uninstall backgrounder if it is already installed (check Cydia). It is not compatible.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is a jail broken iPhone and app radio 2 less buggy?

random things seem to set off my head unit...also is there a way to use iOS 6 turn by turn navigation via "maps"? Or does the phone have to be jailbroken?

All I want is iPod access (via iTunes match would be awesome), Pandora, and turn by turn nav using iOS 6...as I've installed my radio in a 40 year old vehicle.

Is there an option somewhere to disable the screen of the iPhone with unsupported apps?

I have the phone in plain view, and it's quite annoying to have the screens display exactly the same :)

Except for that, the app is working perfectly on my 8400bt!

I've got the same issue (also on the 8400bt), I tried a way around it using a 'dim to black screen' tweak that turns off the screen instead of autolocking the iphone. Problem is that when it is connected with the AppRadio app running, autolock seems to be disabled so it never dims to black. I'm still looking for a solution if anyone has any ideas!

Will Appextensions ever work with ios 6 ???

I'm porting over all of the features, minus touch for unsupported apps. You will be able to see them but not control them. No time frame yet but I am working on it.

Is there an option somewhere to disable the screen of the iPhone with unsupported apps?

I have the phone in plain view, and it's quite annoying to have the screens display exactly the same :)

I tried a bunch of different ways to turn off the screen while using the radio but couldn't get it to work well. The closest I got was dimming the phone while mirroring.

I'm porting over all of the features, minus touch for unsupported apps. You will be able to see them but not control them. No time frame yet but I am working on it.

Hey Mike - I'm new to this forum, but i recently purchased a AR2 mostly because i was amazed at your work with the AR extensions. Great work dude. Keep on rolling!

I thought i read somewhere that you were using the veency mouse code (i.e. jp.ashikase.mousesupport ? ) as the basis for providing mouse/touch input from external means for your work in IOS 5.1.1. What are the issues with IOS6? i also vaguely recall you mentioning all the backgrounding support going away in IOS 6 :-( Does that mean the processing of system-wide touch/input events are completely different now? yuck...

Anyways, i ask this because i'm hoping you make your AR extension source code available soon (i keep checking your github site weekly to see if its true...haha) so that others can weigh in on the problem and possibly provide some secondary set of eyes to help you with some alternatives for this amazing work you are doing.

You provided the foundation dude. You are the man! All we would be doing is adding only incremental help to expedite this thing that you started, but that we ALL want!

Later

• RonS locked this topic