AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike like the work you done so far. I was wondering have you contacted pioneer and got their API for their stereo. I wonder if it would help with some of the bugs. Thanks again for all the work.

No, I doubt they would give me access to the API.

Does this work with the AVIC-Z140 too or just one of the AppRadio head units?

I've only tested with the AppRadio but I've heard that it works with other head units that support "advanced app mode". If the head unit works with the AppRadio app, this should be able to work.

First, Mike I truly appreciate all the hard work you have put into AppEX and all for free, you're a great man.

Here's my issue. I've seen it mentioned a few times but no fix for it that I've seen yet. (and yes I read the entire post from page 1 to here and its been very helpful) When I plug-in to the AppRadio (SPH-DA01 firmware 2.63) it recognizes my device (iPhone 4s 5.1.1) with the AppEX 1.9.9-11 (verified in Cydia) I try to launch the "Apps" icon on the radio and I get the option to toggle my e-brake bypass (on/off switch to ground) and hit "OK" and all i get is a blank/black screen. The "iPod" icon also shows a blank/black screen. After toying around I opened Pandora on my phone and it forced it to the AppRadio screen as normal so I know my cable is fine. I then took my girlfriend's iPhone 4s with the same specs as mine but without ever installing AppEX and her's works "fine" as designed by Pioneer :P.

I have uninstalled both AppEX and the Appradio app and rebooted my phone and reinstalled everything accordingly but I always get the same outcome with the blank/black screen. What I think is happening and please correct me if im wrong; when I uninstall both the AppRadio app and AppEX they are leaving behind files on the device (plists maybe?) and after reinstalling them since these files still exist somewhere on my phone my problem stil exists.

If this is true how would I do a clean sweep of these files on my device and start from scratch?

You guys are great and I'd like to hear any ideas, as much as I'd hate to I may restore my iPhone if all else fails.

Again Mike you're doing a great job with this and AppEx is 85% of the reason I bought the AppRadio.

Here's my issue. I've seen it mentioned a few times but no fix for it that I've seen yet. (and yes I read the entire post from page 1 to here and its been very helpful) When I plug-in to the AppRadio (SPH-DA01 firmware 2.63) it recognizes my device (iPhone 4s 5.1.1) with the AppEX 1.9.9-11 (verified in Cydia) I try to launch the "Apps" icon on the radio and I get the option to toggle my e-brake bypass (on/off switch to ground) and hit "OK" and all i get is a blank/black screen. The "iPod" icon also shows a blank/black screen. After toying around I opened Pandora on my phone and it forced it to the AppRadio screen as normal so I know my cable is fine. I then took my girlfriend's iPhone 4s with the same specs as mine but without ever installing AppEX and her's works "fine" as designed by Pioneer :P.

I have uninstalled both AppEX and the Appradio app and rebooted my phone and reinstalled everything accordingly but I always get the same outcome with the blank/black screen. What I think is happening and please correct me if im wrong; when I uninstall both the AppRadio app and AppEX they are leaving behind files on the device (plists maybe?) and after reinstalling them since these files still exist somewhere on my phone my problem stil exists.

If this is true how would I do a clean sweep of these files on my device and start from scratch?

The settings are stored in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and some data files are stored in /var/mobile/Library/AppRadioExtensions. The only thing I can think of is maybe the Backgrounder.plist is an old version, causing some apps to act inappropriately. Uninstall AppEx and delete the entire AppRadioExtensions folder from the Library. Go through the Preferences folder and delete the files that start with com.decaro.appradioextensions. Test your device without AppEx installed to make sure everything works fine. When you reinstall it, all of the settings should be set back to their defaults.

It's also possible that some other things that you installed from Cydia are conflicting with AppEx.

Just submitted AppRadio Extensions 2.0 to the repo. Not sure how long it will take to become available. If you have any problems upgrading from the beta to the official release just uninstall the beta, delete the data and settings folders, and try again.

The settings are stored in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and some data files are stored in /var/mobile/Library/AppRadioExtensions.

Thanks for all of the help!

Just submitted AppRadio Extensions 2.0 to the repo. Not sure how long it will take to become available. If you have any problems upgrading from the beta to the official release just uninstall the beta, delete the data and settings folders, and try again.

The settings are stored in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and some data files are stored in /var/mobile/Library/AppRadioExtensions.

Thanks for all of the help!

Any reason to move from the beta to the official?

Mike,

I've been playing with app extensions for a few days now on my 8400BH. I can confirm that it works even though the touchscreen type on the 8400BH versus AppRadio probably makes it a little less than ideal. It accomplishes a primary goal I had and that was to display the TomTom app on my screen.

I'm using an Iphone4 that I keep tucked in my center console since I've upgraded to an iPhone5. This is because there is no current support for the iPhone5. Because I leave the phone in the car it would be excellent if you could tweak the app (or develop a separate plug-in) that when the phone senses that it's connected to a charger that it autolaunches the iPhone's AppRadio application. I've searched all of Cydia and I haven't found any app that will let me launch or terminate apps based upon detected charge status. Ideally, I'd like to auto-launch AppRadio upon a charger being detected and when the charger is no longer detected (i.e. phone unplugged or vehicle turned off) AppRadio, Pandora, TomTom or any other GPS app would auto terminate. If any of these apps stay running, even the AppRadio app then I find I have a dead battery the next morning. Just an idea that I'm sure others would imploy, especially since many are stuck using a legacy iDevice due to no iPhone5 support.

Thanks again for everything.

• RonS locked this topic