AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted RC2 RC3. I changed the way apps are launched to hopefully speed things up a bit. If no one finds any major issues, this version should be the one I push to Cydia.

Edit: Found a small bug in RC2 so I bumped the version to RC3. If you already installed RC2, please update.

Hi, bit of info for you.

I'm running jailbroken iOS 6 and installed rc2. I noticed that when I tried to select or deselect an app in the menu the phone would crash and I had to respring. This happened every time. I hoped that rc3 would solve it but I'm afraid it's still happening. Hope this is of some interest to you.

I'm running jailbroken iOS 6 and installed rc2. I noticed that when I tried to select or deselect an app in the menu the phone would crash and I had to respring. This happened every time. I hoped that rc3 would solve it but I'm afraid it's still happening.

Do you mean the list in the settings? Can you try reinstalling Applist in Cydia? Someone else just had a similar issue with the app settings and a reinstall fixed it.

This is a known issue with the AppRadio and non-supported apps: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34810-use-the-gps-antenna-or-not/

I may have accidently fixed this with the "Force Single Display" setting in RC1. I haven't had a problem with Navigon since, though it may just be a coincidence. Can you upgrade to RC1 and select TomTom under the "Force Single Display" setting in the preferences? This basically tricks the app into thinking the phone isn't plugged into the radio.

Hi Mike

I can confirm this does not fix the GPS issues with Tomtom on RC1

Thanks

Do you mean the list in the settings? Can you try reinstalling Applist in Cydia? Someone else just had a similar issue with the app settings and a reinstall fixed it.

I have reinstalled applist but still having the same problem, as soon as I toggle one of the apps in the list it crashes the phone, the phone restarts and comes up with exit safe mode at the top of the screen. To be fair I am having quite a few instability problems so am going to reinstall iOS 6 and jailbreak again. Hopefully that should fix it.

I have reinstalled applist but still having the same problem, as soon as I toggle one of the apps in the list it crashes the phone, the phone restarts and comes up with exit safe mode at the top of the screen. To be fair I am having quite a few instability problems so am going to reinstall iOS 6 and jailbreak again. Hopefully that should fix it.

Is everything else working?

Good morning!

Mike, you are a man among men. Great job with what this app! This thread is the entire reason I chose an AppRadio (which I just installed yesterday).

I'm having a problem with the RC3 extensions where the screen goes black when I connect my phone. Iphone 4s 16GB IOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken. I installed the three prereqs and made sure Backgrounder wasn't installed.

If I remove RC3 and install the latest release from cydia, it works. Any suggestions for me?

Keep doing what you're doing!

Kev

I'm having a problem with the RC3 extensions where the screen goes black when I connect my phone. Iphone 4s 16GB IOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken. I installed the three prereqs and made sure Backgrounder wasn't installed.

If I remove RC3 and install the latest release from cydia, it works. Any suggestions for me?

Which screen goes black? iPhone? Radio? both?

Is everything else working?

Ok I've done further investigation now. I have freshly installed iOS 6 and re jailbroken. All ok. I installed appradio extensions rc3 and I am finding that it still crashes if you toggle an app in the phone settings menu and also if you plug the phone in to a power source or connect to the app radio it crashes the springboard and through it into safe mode. I uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same. For your info I found another app did the same, Activator. When I installed that it would crash whenever the phone received power. There is definitely an issue with rc3. Without being able to test rc2 I can't tell if its the app or iOS 6. Hope this helps.

I am having the same problem as CoachKevinD.

I am running iphone4 on 5.1.1 with RC3.

When I launch an app such as Waze/Dashcommand the Appradio screen goes blank but the app loads on the phone. I have also reinstalled RC3 and the prereq's with no change.

Some apps do work such as Inrix and Carmedia player work ok.

Yeah I updated to the new AppRadio App shortly after I updated to RC3. Since RC3 wasn't working I thought I needed to update to the newest AppRadio app that was released today, bad idea!

Now the Extension doesn't work at all. It's like it doesn't exist on the phone anymore.

The AppRadio App works like a normal un-modded app now :(

Anybody else run into this issue?

Unfortunately I've had to completely scrap app radio extensions now. It will not work for me at all now. The app throws it into safe mode and even plugging into any power source with the extensions app installed does the same. I'm truly gutted, it was a brilliant idea, it just needs a rebuild.

• RonS locked this topic