AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Yeah I updated to the new AppRadio App shortly after I updated to RC3. Since RC3 wasn't working I thought I needed to update to the newest AppRadio app that was released today, bad idea!

Now the Extension doesn't work at all. It's like it doesn't exist on the phone anymore.

The AppRadio App works like a normal un-modded app now :(

Anybody else run into this issue?

EDIT: I changed nothing last night except for a double reboot and this morning I tried it in the car and 100% working order and it's much faster :)

Running: iPhone 4s, iOS 5.1.1, AppRadio 1.8.1, AppRadio Extensions 1.9.9-10 (RC3)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having the same problem as CoachKevinD.

I am running iphone4 on 5.1.1 with RC3.

When I launch an app such as Waze/Dashcommand the Appradio screen goes blank but the app loads on the phone. I have also reinstalled RC3 and the prereq's with no change.

Some apps do work such as Inrix and Carmedia player work ok.

I may have a fix for this. In one of the last few app updates, Pioneer moved around some internal files that I rely on for determining which apps are supported by the AppRadio. I'll post an RC4 with this fix to see if your problem goes away.

Having Updated the official Appradio App You're now able to post your location via facebook with the button on the left bottom of the screen. The only problem now is.... the SIRI button is blocking it.

Do you plan on moving the SIRI button ?

Yep.

Yeah I updated to the new AppRadio App shortly after I updated to RC3. Since RC3 wasn't working I thought I needed to update to the newest AppRadio app that was released today, bad idea!

Now the Extension doesn't work at all. It's like it doesn't exist on the phone anymore.

The AppRadio App works like a normal un-modded app now :(

Anybody else run into this issue?

EDIT: I changed nothing last night except for a double reboot and this morning I tried it in the car and 100% working order and it's much faster :)

Running: iPhone 4s, iOS 5.1.1, AppRadio 1.8.1, AppRadio Extensions 1.9.9-10 (RC3)

Glad to hear everything is working. :) I didn't update to the latest version yet and you had me worried that they changed everything.

I may have a fix for this. In one of the last few app updates, Pioneer moved around some internal files that I rely on for determining which apps are supported by the AppRadio. I'll post an RC4 with this fix to see if your problem goes away.

Thats great, thanks Mike, looking forward tot he update!

Unfortunately I've had to completely scrap app radio extensions now. It will not work for me at all now. The app throws it into safe mode and even plugging into any power source with the extensions app installed does the same. I'm truly gutted, it was a brilliant idea, it just needs a rebuild.

Once I get the current build finalized for iOS5, I'll start porting it to iOS6. No time frame yet though.

Im useing your most recent version of App extension and i have the app radio 2, When i use tomtom as well i get no Gps signal but as soon as i unplug from app radio i get full gps signal. Any way of fixing this? You are doing great work mike thanks for all the dedication.

The only way I know of is by unplugging the GPS antenna.

http://avic411.com/i...antenna-or-not/

Bad news for me. I have been bouncing betweein IOS 5.1.1 and 6, and it looks like Apple has shut down the ability to restore to a saved .ipsw file. (I've been modding android phones for years but this is my first jailbroken ios device, so I unfortunately did not use TinyUmbrella to back up my blobs). I guess I'm stuck waiting for ios6 Jailbreak unless someone here can tell me how to downgrade from 6 to 5.1.1?

Bad news for me. I have been bouncing betweein IOS 5.1.1 and 6, and it looks like Apple has shut down the ability to restore to a saved .ipsw file. (I've been modding android phoens for years but this is my first jailbroken ios device, so I unfortunately did not use TinyUmbrella to back up my blobs). I guess I'm stuck waiting for ios6 Jailbreak unless someone here can tell me how to downgrade from 6 to 5.1.1?

Once the signing window for 5.1.1 is closed, there is no way to downgrade unless you have your blob saved. I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to downgrade even with SHSH blobs saved until they update their jailbreak tools. Thats one of the reasons I haven't started porting this project to iOS 6.

A tethered jailbreak has already been released but it's targeted towards developers (no Cydia). If you know your way around the file system, you can get everything up and running.

The only way I know of is by unplugging the GPS antenna.

http://avic411.com/i...antenna-or-not/

Hi mike, I will do this today just out of curiosity is this a app radio issue or an iPhone issue? Or do you k ow ? Or if there will be any way to fix it in the future I'm just wondering If I should rip the antenna out or leave it for now and just unplug it

Thanks

Chris

Once the signing window for 5.1.1 is closed, there is no way to downgrade unless you have your blob saved. I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to downgrade even with SHSH blobs saved until they update their jailbreak tools. Thats one of the reasons I haven't started porting this project to iOS 6.

A tethered jailbreak has already been released but it's targeted towards developers (no Cydia). If you know your way around the file system, you can get everything up and running.

I'll be waiting then. I'm not a developer and this is my first IOS device. I'm completely unfamiliar with the IOS file system. Lesson learned the hard way I guess. Really sucks because your app is the entire reason I chose the AppRadio, and I just installed it on Friday. C'mon IOS6 jailbreak!!

Hey what's up, if you google ios 6 jailbreak with cydia you will get page after page of instructions on how to do it. I've done it and now have a fully jailbroken iPhone 4 with cydia installed. Most of cydias packages have been upgraded to ios 6 it runs with no problem. My only issue is, unfortunately, appradio extensions is not compatible with ios 6 yet. Patience is a virtue. I'm sure it will be soon.

Hey what's up, if you google ios 6 jailbreak with cydia you will get page after page of instructions on how to do it. I've done it and now have a fully jailbroken iPhone 4 with cydia installed. Most of cydias packages have been upgraded to ios 6 it runs with no problem. My only issue is, unfortunately, appradio extensions is not compatible with ios 6 yet. Patience is a virtue. I'm sure it will be soon.

Those work for the iPhone 4 because of the A4 processor, but there is nothing out for the 4S yet. Still waiting.

• RonS locked this topic