AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

The one thing I've noticed, which may or may not be fixable, is when you switch from an app back to the appradio main menu, it has to reload as if you were just plugging the phone in. Any fix for this?

It takes forever.

Yes, I should be able to fix this in a future release. Killing the app was a workaround for a previous issue that has been fixed. Never tried changing it back.

I just opened BiteSMS on my appradio, and when it switched to landscape, it looked like this.....

Any ideas? Is it just BiteSMS? Mail worked fine in landscape, as did Messages.

I'll download it and take a look. Should be an easy fix.

Everything was working well with beta3 on my iphone4 with appradio2. The beta7 and rc1 have slowed things down to a crawl. Even the supported apps.

Can you be more specific with "slowed things down to a crawl"? Launching apps? The menu? Literally everything? Just trying to narrow it down so I know where to start looking.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike RC package works GREAT, beta 5,6,7 were causing me all kinds of issues.

So here are something I have noticed.

- Much more responsive and faster!

- When I press the home button while in WAZE, NAV Free no welcome video anymore :)

- When I come out of an unsupported app (press the black bars) the hello iphone video always loads (not a big deal and only happens on unsupported apps) won't go back to app screen.

- Small thing, I think it was in beta 3 or 4 when i pressed the Siri button the bluetooth screen wasn't there. Now when i press Siri the bluetooth screen comes in and covers half the siri screen. I know it's not huge but I use Siri a lot and if you could fix this that would be awesome!

- Love the Home app you put it (I guess there is no way to make that landscape is there?) I use this for Pandora.

- On Pandora is there any way you can get Pandora to show up on the apps screen when it's selected on the more apps from settings.

- I have tried it on the more apps, and forced out put and I still get nothing???

Great work.

Can you be more specific with "slowed things down to a crawl"? Launching apps? The menu? Literally everything? Just trying to narrow it down so I know where to start looking.

I have an Appradio2 with an iphone 4, OS 4.1.1

With the beta3, Everything was working well as expected.

When I upgraded to Beta7 and RC1. They both were about the same for me and caused the following issues:

1. When I open the Google Maps app (the Pioneer supported app), I was unable to drap the map using the touchscreen, unable to pinch zoom in or out. If it did work, there was a major delay

2. When I open any other supported map app (Waze or Intrix), I am unable to swipe, pinch zoom, or anything of the sort. When it does accosionally work, it is slow or there is a major delay.

3. When I attempt full iphone control, using the new HOME icon. I cannot swipe to scroll through the home screen.

4. The keyboard inputs have slowed down drastically.

5. When I do try to open a menu within an app, there is a major delay.

These are some of my problems.

- Small thing, I think it was in beta 3 or 4 when i pressed the Siri button the bluetooth screen wasn't there. Now when i press Siri the bluetooth screen comes in and covers half the siri screen. I know it's not huge but I use Siri a lot and if you could fix this that would be awesome!

What do you mean by "bluetooth screen"?

- Love the Home app you put it (I guess there is no way to make that landscape is there?) I use this for Pandora.

I updated RC2 to support SBRotator, another app in Cydia. It allows the springboard to display in landscape mode.

- On Pandora is there any way you can get Pandora to show up on the apps screen when it's selected on the more apps from settings.

- I have tried it on the more apps, and forced out put and I still get nothing???

Pandora automatically shows up in my AppRadio app menu. It doesn't show on yours?

I have an Appradio2 with an iphone 4, OS 4.1.1

With the beta3, Everything was working well as expected.

When I upgraded to Beta7 and RC1. They both were about the same for me and caused the following issues:

These are some of my problems.

I'll do some testing with my iPhone 4 tomorrow. It's running 5.1.1 though. I have no way to go all the way back to 4.1.1.

Hi Mike, just installed Beta 7 and amazingly I dont get a black screen on unsupported Apps any more !! Thats awesome. I do have a little problem there. In any unsupported App i can not scroll up or down. Touchscreen does work but not scrolling. Also what i have noticed that if I want to rearrange/move the Icons in the Advanced App Mode it doesnt let me do it any more. Might be connected to the scrolling problem. Any Idea on how to fix that ?

Keep up the great work man !! Ur the best !!!

Cheers Goofy

I'll do some testing with my iPhone 4 tomorrow. It's running 5.1.1 though. I have no way to go all the way back to 4.1.1.

Sorry you are right, I meant to say iphone 4 with 5.1.1.

Also I did some more testing. I used iheartradio on a regular basis with beta3. Now it does not pick up touches. Any app that requires a side swipe does not work, like the weather app when you are swiping over to the next city.

Thank you very much for your hard work.

Everything was working well with beta3 on my iphone4 with appradio2. The beta7 and rc1 have slowed things down to a crawl. Even the supported apps.

Can you take a look at your phone while controlling it using the AppRadio screen? Does the phone run at normal speed and the AppRadio run slow?

Can you take a look at your phone while controlling it using the AppRadio screen? Does the phone run at normal speed and the AppRadio run slow?

The objects on the screen move at normal speeds. I tried this for example with angry birds. The objects of the screen tend to stutter but the iPhone screen is moving at normal speeds.

One thing I keep noticing is that touch events are now absent in certain unsupported apps. For example, I used iheardradio with beta3. With beta7 and rc1 it no longer accepts touch events off the appradio2.

Also with supported apps. Especially the pioneer supported google maps and intrix apps. Multitouch, pinch zoom is no longer possible. These two apps are inconsistent with touch input on appradio. There is also issues with scrolling the map.

iPhone 4 os 5.1.1 with appradio2

Thanks for all you have done with this app.

First, THANK YOU very much for the time and work you put in this project.

Now I would like to know if AppRadio Extension 2.0 will support both iOS 6 and iPhone 5 (as soon as iPhone 5 get out of jail).

And an other thing, what is the difference between AppRadio and AppRadio 2?

Thanks

• RonS locked this topic