AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

After a long install, I finally have my appradio 2 installed with e-brake bypass. I am running appradio firmware 8.15, software 1.7.3, and appradio extension 2.0 beta. All of the compatible apps(car media player, nav free, dashcommand) work. when i push the icons for the appradio extensions apps nothing happens. it shows that I am pushing them(it highlights), but none of the apps will actually open. I have tried updating the firmware, but that only disables the ebrake bypass. Any help would be greatly appreciated! side note; mike this is an amazing job you've done here, keep up the great work and thanks!!

I'm also running an iphone 4s on 5.0.1

No I am unable to uninstall appradio extensions from cydia(tries to install CHD, which is already installed and doesn't complete the unistall). Any help with any of this would be great. thanks

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured out how to force uninstall appradio extensions 2.0(wouldn't unistall from cydia) so I could start again. Everyhing works excellent until I put appradio extensions back on, the new apps(extensions apps) show up, but do nothing when I push them. I know this is still beta, but was wondering if had a solution or even the same problem?

hey guys, bought the SPH-DA100 today, havnt installed it properly yet, but have plugged it in to play. Should I upgrade to firmware 8.17?

How do I go about finding out my current firmware?

Finally, the parking bypass, do you have to use a relay or can you just wire it to an earth or 12v live?

Thanks

hey guys, bought the SPH-DA100 today, havnt installed it properly yet, but have plugged it in to play. Should I upgrade to firmware 8.17?

I would avoid 8.17 for now do to bypass reasons.

Finally, the parking bypass, do you have to use a relay or can you just wire it to an earth or 12v live?

Thanks

Im guessing by the fact that you use the word "earth" instead of "ground" that you are probably from Europe or somewhere else other then the US. If thats the case, traditionally "earthing" the the P brake wire will achieve the bypass without any other complicated schemes. Please keep us posted however and update the official bypass thread for this unit. Good luck.

I figured out how to force uninstall appradio extensions 2.0(wouldn't unistall from cydia) so I could start again. Everyhing works excellent until I put appradio extensions back on, the new apps(extensions apps) show up, but do nothing when I push them. I know this is still beta, but was wondering if had a solution or even the same problem?

Reinstall AppEx until it works. I had the same issues when I first installed and that is what fixed the issue for me. And be sure you are installing the file from the first post in this thread.

I would avoid 8.17 for now do to bypass reasons.

Im guessing by the fact that you use the word "earth" instead of "ground" that you are probably from Europe or somewhere else other then the US. If thats the case, traditionally "earthing" the the P brake wire will achieve the bypass without any other complicated schemes. Please keep us posted however and update the official bypass thread for this unit. Good luck.

Ha, one word slip and the English man is revealed!

Thank you very much for your response VBLUE42, when I get round to installing it I will report back.

Everything seems to work for me, I do get the occasional black screen and some AppEx apps are a bit slow to respond and dont always scroll, but I am guessing Mike is working on this? Any idea when the next update is due?

Thanks again Mike!

After many fresh installs of the App and even after a complete phone restore and fresh jailbreak, the siri icon shows up(doesn't work) and none of the AppEx apps will even show up now. the only thing that is working is the custom wallpaper, the movie skip, and showing the clock. Any suggestions. These looks so good! I just want to get it up and running.

Hi Firstly many thanks for this I have just bought a appradio2 on the back of your work, pioneer should be paying you for the extra units they have sold due to your work.

I have a small problem whenever i load apex from ifile i cannot get siri option to show in settings.

iam using a jailbroken iphone 4 with ios 5.1.1 and siri installed and working through siri.ru hack

Can anyone shed any light on this or suggest a solution.

Many thanks again

Andy

Hi, I'm having problems when I install the Appradio Extensions, I have tried installing the new beta 3 trough ifile and the 1.1.4-1 version which I can find in cydia. Every time I install the AppEx on my iphone, it starts rebooting again and again until I uninstall the AppEx. I don't know what else to do to make it work, I have an iphone 4s on 5.1.1.

Is it possible to use the Siri button for Google Sasa?

Since I have no 4S I have to resort to this alternative.

I deleted after installing Google Sasa (Siri), the AppRadio Extensions. Then performed a Respring and then AppRadio Extensions reinstalled.

During installation I get the following error:

dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package 'original.siri' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package 'com.myrepospace.hunterbeckham.bassamrepo' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

When I go into the settings under AppRadio Extensions look I find no way to turn Siri on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ist es möglich den Siri Button für Google Sasa zu verwenden?

Da ich kein 4S habe muss ich auf diese Alternative zurückgreifen.

Ich habe nach der Installation von Google Sasa (Siri) die AppRadio Extensions gelöscht. Danach einen Respring durchgeführt und dann AppRadio Extensions erneut installiert.

Bei der Installation bekomme ich folgende Fehlermeldung:

dpkg:serious warning: files list file for package 'original.siri' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

dpkg:serious warning: files list file for package 'com.myrepospace.hunterbeckham.bassamrepo' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

Wenn ich in die Einstellungen unter AppRadio Extensions schaue finde ich keine Möglichkeit Siri einzuschalten

Hi, I'm having problems when I install the Appradio Extensions, I have tried installing the new beta 3 trough ifile and the 1.1.4-1 version which I can find in cydia. Every time I install the AppEx on my iphone, it starts rebooting again and again until I uninstall the AppEx. I don't know what else to do to make it work, I have an iphone 4s on 5.1.1.

Sounds like a conflict with another tweak. Try disabling/uninstalling some other things you installed from Cydia.

Updated the first post with a link to Beta 4. This version may or may not fix the black screen problem for everyone (I'm testing out some new ideas). Let me know if it works for you.

I also added a setting to disable an app's built in support for external displays. The some apps block you from using the external display when they are in use. This will let you mirror those apps to the AppRadio screen.

• RonS locked this topic