AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Try this version: http://dl.dropbox.co...kgrounder.plist

Hey Mike,

Sorry to sound stupid here, but what do I do with this?

When I click on it, it opens random text, that of which is not even all English (Some symbols). I thought it would prompt me to download the file, then replace the backgrounder.plist in Appex with this new one.

The documentation is for the version in Cydia. The beta version in this thread had different/new features that aren't in the docs yet. Not sure why you are getting the red X. I'm trying to stabilize a version for my AppRadio 1 and then once that is working I'll try to figure out whats going on with the newer devices.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"am i just being dumb or am i missing something here?"

@Paulie a bit of both this is as stated BETA software, most likely (and that actually what is happening) the Documentation is not updated and your reading the documentation from the OLD AppEx 1.1.4xxx Which clearly stated that no touch support on the screen of the head unit was implemented. @mikedecaro is working on the new version but my guess is that as any of us Dev's out there the Documentation is the last thing to worry about so give the guy a break he is working alone on this and for free.

Thanks for your dumbass reply.

I have managed to sort it out now. I had to uninstall avtivator on my iphone then it worked.

I'm in no way criticizing Mike's work, I think it is great that someone is taking the time & effort to enhance the usage of these App Radios, something that Pioneer should have done themselves. I'm in awe at Mike for his hard work & dedication for getting this far, so much so, I have made a donation to him like so many others here to show my appreciation for his hard work. I was not getting the results others were when I was using the Appex, hence my posts - just asking for a bit of guidance.

So, why dont you give me a break, when i start to crticize someone because things aint working, then please, post a reply like you did. But until then, keep you're dumbass comments to yourself :mrgreen:

The documentation is for the version in Cydia. The beta version in this thread had different/new features that aren't in the docs yet. Not sure why you are getting the red X. I'm trying to stabilize a version for my AppRadio 1 and then once that is working I'll try to figure out whats going on with the newer devices.

Hey Mike, I managed to figure out that it was Activator on my Iphone that was causing the conflict. I un installed it, & Beta5 works now. Many thanks for your reply. This is a great app, & it can only get better. I have made a donation as gratitude for all your efforts! Keep up the great work!!

Same here. I have to keep mail running in background. If I close it, it won't push.

How do you keep it running in the background without closing it? The mail app always runs in the background when you press the home button.

Can you try this version of the Backgrounder.plist? I changed the backgrounding method value from 2 to 3.

Link Removed

Edit:

Just a note. This plist may break touch for unsupported apps. Just trying to see if it fixes the Mail push issue.

I was able to reproduce the issue on my device. Looking into a fix.

Hey Folks,

First off, awesome work : )

I'm trying to get full ipod control using an avh-8400bt head unit. Basically, all I want to be able to do is plug in my 4s, switch to cover flow mode and use the stereos display to play music. It kinda works, but there is a small issue, well a large issue, in that whenever I connect, I lose all form of volume control. The physical buttons on the unit when pressed show the volume number changing, but do not actually effect the volume, and the buttons on the iphone do nothing. Also, the moment I unplug the cable, the display on the iphone changes to show the volume slider. Plug it back in, and the volume slider vanishes. I'm hoping I have just set something up wrong, as surely volume changes can be made : )

Thanks in advance

... whenever I connect, I lose all form of volume control. The physical buttons on the unit when pressed show the volume number changing, but do not actually effect the volume, and the buttons on the iphone do nothing. Also, the moment I unplug the cable, the display on the iphone changes to show the volume slider. Plug it back in, and the volume slider vanishes. ...

Sounds like a problem with your setup. When you plug the cable into the bottom of the phone, the music is rerouted through the cable and into the device. The volume control on the phone (buttons and on screen) only controls the volume output through the headphone jack. Since the sound is routed through the cable to the device, the buttons on the head unit are the only thing that can change the volume.

Not sure if I can help you with this. If you want, start a new thread and we can discuss there. Trying to keep this thread on topic.

Mike thanks for eveything, a few notes from my own experience. I have resolved the mail push issue which I was experiencing by downloading backgrounder and running it alongside appradio extensions. Also the font used on the "apps" menu when using my appradio 2 is a system font and I was able to customize it using bytafont. Just thought that was an interesting feature you might be able to use :-) thanks again for your amazing work!!

I have resolved the mail push issue which I was experiencing by downloading backgrounder and running it alongside appradio extensions.

I just posted a new beta that should fix the problem. Would you mind uninstalling Backgrounder and update to beta 7? Let me know if it works.

• RonS locked this topic