AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Updated the first post with a link to Beta 4. This version may or may not fix the black screen problem for everyone (I'm testing out some new ideas). Let me know if it works for you.

I also added a setting to disable an app's built in support for external displays. The some apps block you from using the external display when they are in use. This will let you mirror those apps to the AppRadio screen.

Awesome, thanks mike, have installed, will give it a go and let you know!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, thanks mike, have installed, will give it a go and let you know!

Tried Beta 4, didnt let me run any apps from my phone that previously worked on beta 3, like messages, just stays a black screen on the unit.

Reverted back to beta 3 and all working fine again.

I got an iPhone 4, 5.0.1.

Tried Beta 4, didnt let me run any apps from my phone that previously worked on beta 3, like messages, just stays a black screen on the unit.

Did it work on the first app you pressed and nothing after that? Or nothing at all?

Did you notice the black screen stuck on the springboard at all?

Temporarily took down the link. Need to fix one more thing before everyone tries it.

Nothing worked at all, I pressed home button on phone and just bought up the keyboard and kept the appradio screen there.

Will download now and try for you

Just tried it and messages worked, then I went to switch to safari and it didnt work, screen stayed black, but safari was loaded on my phone.

Screen on phone doesnt go black, appradio connected screen stays there, but cant escape out of it, same as black screen really.

Hope that helps

I had the same issue then I did the following.

Unistalled App Radio Extensions from both Cydia and deleted it from iFile - restart the phone

Installed updated version of Extensions checked cydia and settings to see that it was there - restarted the phone.

Everything works fine....

The only issue I have is that coming out of some unsupported apps and trying to go back into other apps it won't let me, I press any app and it won't start.

Mike - Please please please try and make some home buttons for NAVFREE, WAZE and other supported Pioneer apps that would be awesome. Everytime I'm in one and I need to get out I have to go to the phone.

The only issue I have is that coming out of some unsupported apps and trying to go back into other apps it won't let me, I press any app and it won't start.

Does this happen every time or only for certain apps?

Please please please try and make some home buttons for NAVFREE, WAZE and other supported Pioneer apps that would be awesome. Everytime I'm in one and I need to get out I have to go to the phone.

Can't you just press the home button on the radio and the Apps button to launch the AppRadio app? I'm trying to get away from adding custom home buttons to apps and this method has been working great for me.

Hey Mike the app switching issue happens almost 99% of the time.

For the home button issue if I'm in a supported Pioneer app like NAVFREE, WAZ, Dash Command, the home button on the app radio itself doesn't work. I have to double tap the home button on the phone and then select the app radio app from the multi task pane to get back to the main screen.

Hey Mike the app switching issue happens almost 99% of the time.

For the home button issue if I'm in a supported Pioneer app like NAVFREE, WAZ, Dash Command, the home button on the app radio itself doesn't work. I have to double tap the home button on the phone and then select the app radio app from the multi task pane to get back to the main screen.

With waze clicking the button brings you back to the app list. ( at least it does for me without appex. I removed it due to email/push issues )

Hey Mike,

Just installed my Appradio 2 in my Honda and have sucessfully jailbroke (4s) and loaded the only version of appradio extensions availible in Cydia (appradio 1.1.4-1)

My main issue is i cannot control any of my apps (mail, Safari, contacts, any of them) from the screen... they open fine and correctly go into landscape mode.... just can't touch or slide anything.

Everything works great until I actually open a app and I get the hand pointing the index finger at the red X at the top right corner of the appradio 2 screen....

I have reloaded both appradio app from the app store and your appradio exstensions from cydia.

I realize that there is a beta version located on the first posts.. I have DL it and am watinig for a friend to help me DL a repository to upload it from my computer to my IPhone 4S....

Any help would be greatly appricated.

V/r

Mike D

so i downloaded and installed the beta 5 which seems to run fine. my sole purpose is to finally be able to use navigon. however, when i launch navigon it shows me the startscreen of navigon and when i select an address for my destination on the appradio screen it shows me that there is a licensing conflict and that the maps cannot be shown on an external device. did anyone experience a similar issue? is there a way to get around it?

thank you so much.

dorkus

when i launch navigon it shows me the startscreen of navigon and when i select an address for my destination on the appradio screen it shows me that there is a licensing conflict and that the maps cannot be shown on an external device. did anyone experience a similar issue? is there a way to get around it?

Try the new 'Disable External' setting. It makes Navigon think there is no external display.

• RonS locked this topic