AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know how to get unsupported app icons to show on home screen. I have an appradio 2. Using 1.8.1 app with both the cydia and beta versions of app extensions. All I see is the outline of the phone that I can load and see the home page of my phone and run apps but would love to have the short cuts on the radio like I have seen in some photos and videos.

I just want to know how to get unsupported app icons to show on home screen. I have an appradio 2. Using 1.8.1 app with both the cydia and beta versions of app extensions. All I see is the outline of the phone that I can load and see the home page of my phone and run apps but would love to have the short cuts on the radio like I have seen in some photos and videos.

Hey Atlawson,

I used just:

AppRadio 1.8.2 and AppExt - from Cydia (ONLY)

Works great.

Mooooch

Appradio2, iPhone 4s (iOS 5.1.1), App Radio App 1.8.2, AppExt (Cydia Version)

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your great work !

I've installed the beta on my iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1 which I'm using with the AVH-8450BT app radio and I see some strange behavior:

I can see the unsupported app icons and also the time and battery signals on the headunit, but when I choose an unsupported app from the headunit it opens on the iphone only, and the headunit screen turns black...

I verified that I have all the dependencies installed and that I don't have backgrounder installed...

Any advise?

Thanks again !

Saul.

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your great work !

I've installed the beta on my iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1 which I'm using with the AVH-8450BT app radio and I see some strange behavior:

I can see the unsupported app icons and also the time and battery signals on the headunit, but when I choose an unsupported app from the headunit it opens on the iphone only, and the headunit screen turns black...

I verified that I have all the dependencies installed and that I don't have backgrounder installed...

Any advise?

Thanks again !

Saul.

It can be "Requires parking brake bypass to view unsupported apps" ? i can see unsoported app only with hand break On.

It can be "Requires parking brake bypass to view unsupported apps" ? i can see unsoported app only with hand break On.

I tried it with the parking break on and without... still the same... black screen when launching unsupported apps, and working normal when launching the supported apps.

Hey Atlawson,

I used just:

AppRadio 1.8.2 and AppExt - from Cydia (ONLY)

Works great.

Mooooch

Appradio2, iPhone 4s (iOS 5.1.1), App Radio App 1.8.2, AppExt (Cydia Version)

I just don't see what I am doing wrong I have the exact same setup you have. The only thing I have extra is the icon that looks like a phone that I click on that mirrors my phone display and I can use it to access the phone apps and run them that way. I just can't get the actual app shortcut to show on the radio home screen. Would other apps or themes from winter board be a problem. That is the only thing I haven't tried was to disable all my addons but the appradio ext to see if it works.

Tracy

Updated the first post with a beta for iOS 5. It should fix the disappearing icons in the latest AppRadio app update. Please don't try installing this on iOS 6. It doesn't work yet.

Scrolling through the apps lags for me. Does anyone else experience this?

I haven't been on here in awhile.  I upgraded my iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 and haven't been able to use the iPhone 5 with my AppRadio.  My AppRadio has been downgraded to a radio and iTunes using my old phone.  I couldn't use any other functions.  With the release of the latest Jailbreak, I broke my iPhone 5 (very slick program). There is an app called MyWi.  They've updated it and now it has the ability to turn on data sharing and off when your other device (the non-data) sends a signal.  This is done through bluetooth.  This is avery cool feature.  Now when I get in my car, the old iPhone 4 automatically connects to my iPhone 5 and uses the iPhone 5 as a Hotspot. Now my AppRadio is a functioning unit again using my old iPhone 4 and grabbing data from my iPhone, wirelessly.  To make this all work though I had to update my old phone to IOS 6.1 and then jailbreak again.  I hadn't been following this so I didn't realize, AppRadioExt was not working with 6.1.  Actually though with the latest Beta is does work to a certain extent.  For example I can use Spotify through my old iPhone 4, I just can't have it displayed on the AppRadio. You have to bring it up on your iPhone.  All of the supported apps seem to be working fine.  So Mike you are actually quite close on this.  I have all the unsupported apps displayed.  When I choose one it comes up initially in portrait mode, then I get a warning message that does not go away.  If I go to my iPhone 4 and hide the AppRadio App (Pioneer), I can then bring up whatever unsupported app I was using and it works over the radio speakers, just not the display.  So you are very close to making this work with IOS 6.1.  Keep up the good work.  PS, I'm looking into fitting an iPad Mini into my car as a head unit.  

I just don't see what I am doing wrong I have the exact same setup you have. The only thing I have extra is the icon that looks like a phone that I click on that mirrors my phone display and I can use it to access the phone apps and run them that way. I just can't get the actual app shortcut to show on the radio home screen. Would other apps or themes from winter board be a problem. That is the only thing I haven't tried was to disable all my addons but the appradio ext to see if it works.

Tracy

Hey Tracey,

I'm a noob to all this.

I read your post on page 47, seems you have downloaded everything and tried all combinations.

Try; go into ifile, uninstall (all appradio and app ext) all the source folders for App radio app and app ext. then (re start phone) reinstall 1.8.2 and app ext from Cydia.

That's what I did.

Hey Tracey,

I'm a noob to all this.

I read your post on page 47, seems you have downloaded everything and tried all combinations.

Try; go into ifile, uninstall (all appradio and app ext) all the source folders for App radio app and app ext. then (re start phone) reinstall 1.8.2 and app ext from Cydia.

That's what I did.

Mooooch

I have to uninstall and reinstall App Ex after every time i kill appradio app otherwise I get just a black screen and the app on the phone doesnt show it is connected.  Also sometimes the siri button does not work.  it recognizes that I touched the button but nothing happens.  Even after i do a new install.  I did have it working for a bit.  Also will Insomnia work to replace backgrounder.  It is iOS 6 compatible.

Phone still crashes sometimes also.  No unsupported apps work for me. Also when I arrange the app and then close the appradio app it doesnt save their positions.  Auto accept is not working neither is the ignore.  

iPhone 4s iOS 6.1 appradio 2.0.1

today i jailbroke my phone using evasi0n. i checked to see if backrounder was installed and it wasnt so i went ahead and made sure the dependencies were installed. after getting that correct i downloaded 2.1.0 beta2 file in the first post and installed it using ifile installer. i restarted my phone and then went to my car and started the appradio app. it was just like before with no unsupported apps.

my setup: sphda02, jailbroken iphone4, appradio version 2.0.1, firmware version 2.63

after i tried deleting the appradio app, reinstalling the beta file using ifile, downloading appradio 2.0.1 from itunes but no luck.

any help is appreciated. for some reason i think it may be as easy as downgrading the appradio version or the firmware version.

thanks in advance. i also want to send mike a thanks in advanced because from what ive seen i think im going to be very happy and making a donation.

today i jailbroke my phone using evasi0n. i checked to see if backrounder was installed and it wasnt so i went ahead and made sure the dependencies were installed. after getting that correct i downloaded 2.1.0 beta2 file in the first post and installed it using ifile installer. i restarted my phone and then went to my car and started the appradio app. it was just like before with no unsupported apps.

my setup: sphda02, jailbroken iphone4, appradio version 2.0.1, firmware version 2.63

after i tried deleting the appradio app, reinstalling the beta file using ifile, downloading appradio 2.0.1 from itunes but no luck.

any help is appreciated. for some reason i think it may be as easy as downgrading the appradio version or the firmware version.

thanks in advance. i also want to send mike a thanks in advanced because from what ive seen i think im going to be very happy and making a donation.

Are you on iOS 6.1???

• RonS locked this topic