AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Good findings, I thought the .carhome file was going to have more code in it but it dosent seems like it, I would like to try adding the UIBackgrounmode into this file and see if it makes a difference, also try playing with the identities and see if you can get something out of it, just try with one of the unsupported apps and enter the external identifier if you know how to do it, and let me know what happens, I am tired now its 4am so no more testing until tomorrow...

Edit: although I think the iTunes metadata identifiers its like a link to the apps and description from iTunes, so it might be the list of supported apps that you can access from appradio, but we don't lose anything with try

Ok, i will try to declarate and unsuported app like a soported app. I can find apple´s ID in appstore just seen the source code of the page.

Good Night!! here in spain 12.01pm yet

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even after uninstalling AppEx I get a black screen on the deck with my phone connected, but on my buddy's phone it works just fine. Any ideas what it might be? Also, the new AppEx beta is for the lastest version of AppRadio.app right? I know the iOS 5 one needed like 1.8.2 or something not the 2.0.X

Last question, I bought one used on Craigslist and the guy modded the firmware update to change the wallpaper to a Ford logo. Problem is, I don't drive a Ford so it looks stupid in my car haha. Is there any way to change the radio's wallpaper again even if it's already on the latest firmware? Can I reflash it with the same FW or do I have to leave it that way until hopefully one day another update comes and I can fix it?

Even after uninstalling AppEx I get a black screen on the deck with my phone connected, but on my buddy's phone it works just fine. Any ideas what it might be? Also, the new AppEx beta is for the lastest version of AppRadio.app right? I know the iOS 5 one needed like 1.8.2 or something not the 2.0.X

Last question, I bought one used on Craigslist and the guy modded the firmware update to change the wallpaper to a Ford logo. Problem is, I don't drive a Ford so it looks stupid in my car haha. Is there any way to change the radio's wallpaper again even if it's already on the latest firmware? Can I reflash it with the same FW or do I have to leave it that way until hopefully one day another update comes and I can fix it?

For the Wallpaper i think you can do 2 thinks:

1. Open Appradio.app without connect to Appradio. Go to setting/help (sorry i´m translating from spanish)  and you can see wallpapers. It´s work with 2.0.1.
  2. With Ifunbox you can see the original wallpapers and the first time run video from pioneer. 

For the other issues hope someone can help.

For the Wallpaper i think you can do 2 thinks:

1. Open Appradio.app without connect to Appradio. Go to setting/help (sorry i´m translating from spanish)  and you can see wallpapers. It´s work with 2.0.1.
  2. With Ifunbox you can see the original wallpapers and the first time run video from pioneer. 

For the other issues hope someone can help.

Jab, I appreciate your efforts, but that's only for the wallpaper in the Apps page. He actually changed the Firmware update on the AppRadio unit itself to modify the wallpaper behind the main screen with the big clock, the radio, phone, apps, etc buttons, all that. This is the picture from his Craigslist post:

3K13F63Nc5I75E55K9d1nd4ad826d9dfb13fb.jp

First attempt FAILED ;)

I modified  jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome.plist and appinfo.dat. I tried to used Sygic like a sopported App.

When connect it to appradio and open appradio.app it take 15 minutes to open. Only can see black screen. Then and sudenly  appradio open, but sygic was not there. So come back to my Pc and see  jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome.plist and appinfo.dat. everithings was like at the begining and all i modified from Sygic was out, like if they were the original files. 

I think i will try to find the way to use Appradio in background, it would be more useful.

Jab, I appreciate your efforts, but that's only for the wallpaper in the Apps page. He actually changed the Firmware update on the AppRadio unit itself to modify the wallpaper behind the main screen with the big clock, the radio, phone, apps, etc buttons, all that. This is the picture from his Craigslist post:

3K13F63Nc5I75E55K9d1nd4ad826d9dfb13fb.jp

And with this???

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/33039-custom-wallpaper-thread/

First attempt FAILED ;)

I modified  jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome.plist and appinfo.dat. I tried to used Sygic like a sopported App.

When connect it to appradio and open appradio.app it take 15 minutes to open. Only can see black screen. Then and sudenly  appradio open, but sygic was not there. So come back to my Pc and see  jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome.plist and appinfo.dat. everithings was like at the begining and all i modified from Sygic was out, like if they were the original files. 

I think i will try to find the way to use Appradio in background, it would be more useful.

appinfo.dat is just a file that gets updated with the latest list of supported applications from Pioneer's servers. It is used to populate the recommended app list. You aren't going to be able to run the AppRadio app in the background by just changing settings files. It has to be a change to the code of the application (via a MobileSubstrate plugin).

Edit: I may be able to work with the UIBackgroundModes continuous setting. Need to look into that some more.

Just some more clarification:

Every supported app needs to include the Pioneer API that communicates with the head unit. When the application launches, the API registers the application with the head unit and allows it to display on the screen. When an application resigns to the background (or closes), the API tells the head unit to disconnect for that application. Backgrounder worked by telling the application to skip the code that gets executed when the app is closing, allowing it to maintain a connection to the head unit while it was in the background on the phone.

If someone wants to take a stab at writing a port of Backgrounder for iOS 6, I can point them in the general direction. Other than that, the only way I see getting this working is if we gain access to the Pioneer API.

I´m using ios 6.1 with the newest app ext beta. when i´m opening navigon, i loads and shows for a few seconds the loaded map, then it says something like "Navigon license to display the map on a second display is not given.." anything like that... sorry for my broken english mike. i allready wrote you on twitter,

I´m using ios 6.1 with the newest app ext beta. when i´m opening navigon, i loads and shows for a few seconds the loaded map, then it says something like "Navigon license to display the map on a second display is not given.." anything like that... sorry for my broken english mike. i allready wrote you on twitter,

I have the same :-(

I just updated the first post with beta 4. Let me know if this fixes your issue.

Just some more clarification:

Every supported app needs to include the Pioneer API that communicates with the head unit. When the application launches, the API registers the application with the head unit and allows it to display on the screen. When an application resigns to the background (or closes), the API tells the head unit to disconnect for that application. Backgrounder worked by telling the application to skip the code that gets executed when the app is closing, allowing it to maintain a connection to the head unit while it was in the background on the phone.

If someone wants to take a stab at writing a port of Backgrounder for iOS 6, I can point them in the general direction. Other than that, the only way I see getting this working is if we gain access to the Pioneer API.

Thanks for the information and for the effort Mike. 

I will post all i can find just to see if something is useful. 

I have read your older post and know it´s more difficult than it seems to me at firt time. Pioneer developer site dont help for pioneer API?

I think the best i can do it´s to find a real alternative to Backgrounder.

3K13F63Nc5I75E55K9d1nd4ad826d9dfb13fb.jpg

You were right it does look stupid, lol, I am sorry I can't help with that, issue, but if your friends phone works withe your unit and yours dosent, I am afraid it's going to be some incompatibility with maybe one of the things you have installed from cydia try doing a clean restore of your device, jailbreake and install app extension first, that should take care of it

First attempt FAILED ;)

It looked like the appradio.app couldn't run the changes you made to the files and it probably recreate them, erasing what you had added to the code, another dead end seams like, I was thinking what if we could update backgrounder for iOS 6, I know this is another long shot but we can maybe look into it...

• RonS locked this topic