AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

After downgrading the appradio app to 1.8.2, my iPhone 4S (6.1.2) doesn't seem to recognize the AVH8400...

That is, in the app... When using YouTube the display out works as it should...

It just keeps giving the 'connect to appradio' screen..

Updating to the most recent version works properly.

It worked before the update with the same cable without issues...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see this issue on my 4S running 6.1.2. Do you have anything else installed that may be conflicting with AppEx? What AppRadio model are you using?

I don't have anything else I used to have the landscape tv out, but when installing the beta 8 cydia required me to uninstall that tweak, my appradio unit is a Pioneer AVH-X4500BT DVD receiver, that has appradio mode, all the previous betas up to beta 6 worked just fine for me, I don't know if the landscape tv out tweak left something that its conflicting with the apex beta 8 or what's going on...

I have an iPhone 4s w iOS 5.1.1

In Cydia the app radio extension that says is installed is 2.0.1-1

On my device

Everything seems to work ok once in a while I experience glitches like when I plug my phone in to the radio sometimes I manually have to open app radio app

Also once in a while the complete screen shrinks

But other then that it works great !!

I'm wondering if I should upgrade to iOS 6 ???

And also should I upgrade or try another version of app radio extensions ?????

Adrian Santiago,

try and check the "tv out" setting (on the iphone) when it's connected to the appradio.
I had the same issue with Carmediaplayer.  after setting the option "full screen" (or wide screen, not 100% sure) to "on", it displayed as it should.

Adrian Santiago,

try and check the "tv out" setting (on the iphone) when it's connected to the appradio.

I had the same issue with Carmediaplayer.  after setting the option "full screen" (or wide screen, not 100% sure) to "on", it displayed as it should.

I will check this and let you know if it worked for me, thanks...

Hi there, first of all hats off to you Mike, and it seems like you are the one able to give it true utility.

I have the appradio on my truck now for just under a week now , in which I've being researching as well (i thought of returning it, because it was so boring and snnoying...)but then I came across you watching 'DavePioneer' YouTube video. I did the jailbrake on my 4S, which has the iOS 6.1.2, as on the video, but different then in there, my phone does not show 'TV out' option on supported apps. Am I missing something here? Thank you.

I have an iPhone 4s w iOS 5.1.1

In Cydia the app radio extension that says is installed is 2.0.1-1

On my device

Everything seems to work ok once in a while I experience glitches like when I plug my phone in to the radio sometimes I manually have to open app radio app

Also once in a while the complete screen shrinks

But other then that it works great !!

I'm wondering if I should upgrade to iOS 6 ???

And also should I upgrade or try another version of app radio extensions ?????

I'm going to downgrade my iPhone from 6.1.2 to 5.1.1 and give it a try, I can do without IOS6 features if I can gain the AppRadio touch and other cool items... well at least until we get back up to speed.

I'm going to downgrade my iPhone from 6.1.2 to 5.1.1 and give it a try, I can do without IOS6 features if I can gain the AppRadio touch and other cool items... well at least until we get back up to speed.

If you have a Iphone 4 (with the Blobs) then you can downgrade. But if you have a Iphone 4S like i do, then your stuck on IOS 6.1.2... There is no downgrade trick for Iphone 4S....

Hi there, first of all hats off to you Mike, and it seems like you are the one able to give it true utility.

I have the appradio on my truck now for just under a week now , in which I've being researching as well (i thought of returning it, because it was so boring and snnoying...)but then I came across you watching 'DavePioneer' YouTube video. I did the jailbrake on my 4S, which has the iOS 6.1.2, as on the video, but different then in there, my phone does not show 'TV out' option on supported apps. Am I missing something here? Thank you.

Nobody?....

Uninstall AppEx and reinstall.

I've done that a couple of times.... I see the apps on the appradio screen but when I tap on it, the screen stays on that warning message or goes to black...., I can't access ont the pioneer... I don't know much, but I posted this to get tips from you, if its software or hardware, the bypass maybe?... But it doesn't work even when in 'park'. App conflict?... I really wanted to get this up and running! Any suggestions? Tank you

Gus

I've done that a couple of times.... I see the apps on the appradio screen but when I tap on it, the screen stays on that warning message or goes to black...., I can't access ont the pioneer... I don't know much, but I posted this to get tips from you, if its software or hardware, the bypass maybe?... But it doesn't work even when in 'park'. App conflict?... I really wanted to get this up and running! Any suggestions? Tank you

Gus

Try to answer the following questions:

1) Did you precicely follow the first page instructions?

2) Before you connect iphone did you open the AppRadio application from your iphone?

3) Did you see the AppRadio Extensions options is the settings of iphone?

That is an old version in the video. The 'TV Out' section was renamed to 'Unsupported Apps'. The iOS 6 version also requires the parking brake bypass to view apps.

• RonS locked this topic