AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, long time lurker.

I Have the appradio 1 and an Iphone4 with IOS 6, I jailbroke the Iphone and installed cydia and appradio extensions from cydia hoping to really bring this deck alive. I finally read the first page of this thread and realized well okay, extensions isnt compatible with IOS 6 so thats why it was crashing my phone.

My question is, should I look into downgrading to IOS 5.1 or wait for it to be compatible?

I Have the appradio 1 and an Iphone4 with IOS 6, I jailbroke the Iphone and installed cydia and appradio extensions from cydia hoping to really bring this deck alive. I finally read the first page of this thread and realized well okay, extensions isnt compatible with IOS 6 so thats why it was crashing my phone.

My question is, should I look into downgrading to IOS 5.1 or wait for it to be compatible?

There is a version that *IS* iOS 6 compatible; check the first post for his beta repo. Touch support isn't there yet but at least you can get it to somewhat work. Your two options would be downgrade, or just use the beta and wait as it keeps growing all the time.

I'd do the downgrade to iOS 5 and use all features extensions, but at me iphone 4S :-(.

Btw, sorry for the double-post, but @Mike, one of your later updates seems to have solved my laggy scrolling issues for the most part. Some screens still don't scroll 100% but for the most part it's gotten better. Idk if it's just coincidence with time or if you fixed something but problem seems to be solved for the most part here.

I just installed and tested the latest version of AppRadio Extensions in IOS 6.2.1 - Iphone 4 with the 8400bt unit. The AppRadio interface works much better compared to IOS 5.0.1 with no lags at all. My problem is when I tried to use Navigon. First of all the left and right sides of the Navigon application are outside the visible area of the unit but I can live with that. My main problem is that the display of the car in the map lags. The position of the car is almost 100 meters (maybe more) behind the actual position. The audio directions although are working properly. The same problem appears also in IOS 5.0.1 and the Cydia version of AppRadio Extensions. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and keep going with the great work.

There is a version that *IS* iOS 6 compatible; check the first post for his beta repo. Touch support isn't there yet but at least you can get it to somewhat work. Your two options would be downgrade, or just use the beta and wait as it keeps growing all the time.

I did download that, but I have no idea how to get it onto my phone

More than likely the antenna on the phone...

Thanks for that, yeah I thought as much. I'm just intrigued to know how the apps running on the radio know to switch to the radio antenna. I thought it might have something to do with being run simultaneously with the app radio app because the app radio app is listed in the location services in the iphone settings, so if the google maps app is running in extensions (providing a way is found to do this in iOS6), it might be able to do this?

Just to clear some confusion: the issue with utilizing unsupported apps is NOT with AppEx, but with the AppRadio app version, correct? I was finally able to get the app downgraded to 1.8.2 about a week ago and now the unsupported apps work - but the lag can be a bit irritating. So upgradring AppEx would solve the issue? I have this running on my jailbroken 4 running 5.1.1; I have yet to jailbreak my 4S but would consider it if it solved lag issue.

hey guys im new to this and technology itself.  Just wanted to check: Has any1 been able to get the iphone 5 to work off the app radio.  and use the app radio touchscreen instead of th eiphone 5 touchscreen?

Thanks and sorry if its a redundent question.

Thanks

Hi Mike and everyone else here in the forum, I've been away for a while and just updated my iphone 4s to the 6.1.2, today I was testing the Appradio extensions and I noticed something weird, the apps are full screen now and it would be perfect if they wouldn't go out of the screen check out the attached picture, is anyone else experiencing this??, is it normal now on the beta 8???

I dont see this issue on my 4S running 6.1.2. Do you have anything else installed that may be conflicting with AppEx? What AppRadio model are you using?

Hi Myke, really thank you 4 your job... i have a question: every time i have to install a new beta version, i must unistall the oldest version? i means now i have the beta6 version in my iphone, first delete it and than install  the beta8 version or just add the beta8 extension?

Tks again!!!

You don't have to uninstall first. Just install the new version over it.

Just to clear some confusion: the issue with utilizing unsupported apps is NOT with AppEx, but with the AppRadio app version, correct? I was finally able to get the app downgraded to 1.8.2 about a week ago and now the unsupported apps work - but the lag can be a bit irritating. So upgradring AppEx would solve the issue? I have this running on my jailbroken 4 running 5.1.1; I have yet to jailbreak my 4S but would consider it if it solved lag issue.

The version of AppEx in Cydia is the latest for iOS 5.

I second that, I saw it before but can't find it now...

I removed the iOS 5 update from the first post because it needed a lot more work than just fixing the icons in the menu.

• RonS locked this topic