AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys, I have been following this thread closely but am just trying to get some clarity.

I have an iphone 4 still on ios 5.1.1 and have a fully working app radio with all unsupported apps working and touch all ok etc.

Am i best advised to leave it as it is or has there been progress with ios 6 etc.

I would like to update to ios 6 at some point but do not want to loose my app radio functionality.

Thanks 

Hello guys, I have been following this thread closely but am just trying to get some clarity.

I have an iphone 4 still on ios 5.1.1 and have a fully working app radio with all unsupported apps working and touch all ok etc.

Am i best advised to leave it as it is or has there been progress with ios 6 etc.

I would like to update to ios 6 at some point but do not want to loose my app radio functionality.

Thanks 

DO NOT!!! upgrade to ios 6, or else you will lose all touch input  for unsupported apps, I wish my 4s was on ios 5

That worked great for me mike.  Thanks.  Music videos, Netflix, unsupported apps, and Siri, is now on the screen.  I thank you for the hard work.  Expect a donation from me tonight after I get off work from bartending.  Would you be able to add status bars for my cell connection so I can see how good my signal is, like battery and clock. 

Carbrowser was the only thing that did not work.  Don't really care about it when App Ex is done because of Safari.  Also carbrowser has not been updated since august.  Springboard did not show up on the screen though.

Also the gmusic app is pretty good guys. You can store 20,000 songs on google from your own library free, and play them all in your car.  The some of the buttons suck, but otherwise the whole interface is good.  The way you search for your music is better then most apps.  It's worth a try.

Thanks again Mike.

iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.2 AppRadio 2 Firmware 2.17 App ver 2.0.1

How does removing the apps from the list fix the issue? If you remove it from the list, it doesn't mirror...

They do on iPhone 5. The video output (HDMI) from the phone simply mirrors everything. Hitting the home button while in the Pioneer AppRadio app will show the home screen and any app after that. I would like them to be in "unsupported apps" simply for an easy way to launch the app instead of having to look at my phone.

Check my video and watch what happens when I hit the home button. (This is with beta6.)

Thanks 

What firmware do you have on the radio?

Which appradio version do you use?

Which radio 1 or 2?

Which version of appextension?

I just can get it too work on my iphone 4 its too slow.

Hope you can help me

iphone 4s iOS 5.11

Pioneer appradio SPH-DA01

Appdario Extensions 2.0.1-1

appradio 2.01

radio software version, V2.56

I am not getting any video of any apps other than the appradio app, ( and the apps within it )

with appradio extensions When selecting unsupported apps, show in menu, none of the apps i select show up in the appradio menu.

I do however get the SIRI icon showing up on the screen so i know that it is working to some level

Is there a better combination of firmwares for me to be on?

Thankyou for all your time and effort with this tweak it makes the appradio so much better to own ( from the videos i have sceen )

Adam

Australia

Would you be able to add status bars for my cell connection so I can see how good my signal is, like battery and clock. 

Sounds like it should be possible. I'll add it to the todo list, but may not get to it right away. 

They do on iPhone 5. The video output (HDMI) from the phone simply mirrors everything. Hitting the home button while in the Pioneer AppRadio app will show the home screen and any app after that. I would like them to be in "unsupported apps" simply for an easy way to launch the app instead of having to look at my phone.

Check my video and watch what happens when I hit the home button. (This is with beta6.)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thats awesome. I'll have that fixed in beta 7.

iphone 4s iOS 5.11

Pioneer appradio SPH-DA01

Appdario Extensions 2.0.1-1

appradio 2.01

radio software version, V2.56

I am not getting any video of any apps other than the appradio app, ( and the apps within it )

with appradio extensions When selecting unsupported apps, show in menu, none of the apps i select show up in the appradio menu.

Is there a better combination of firmwares for me to be on?

Thankyou for all your time and effort with this tweak

Adam

Australia

AppEx 2.0.1 doesn't work with the latest version of the AppRadio app running on iOS 5. You either have to downgrade to v1.8.2 of the AppRadio app or upgrade to iOS 6 (losing touch functionality). I recommend downgrading to v1.8.2 of the AppRadio app if possible.

Mike just sent you a donation from wakeboardguy.  Thanks for the hard work.  I noticed sometimes if I tell Siri to play a song, the AppRadio app will come back on the iPhone but the screen on the deck will stay black until I go to the home. Tapping the advanced app mode brings it back though with out having to kill the AppRadio app.  Still no springboard showing up at all. Everything else is working real good.  Thank you.

The beta doesn't work on iOS 5 yet. Focusing on iOS 6 first.

You may have already mentioned it in a previous post, but what worked better for you in beta 3? I'll see if I can fix your issue in the next build.

You can change the beta number in the link in the first post to access old versions.

Edit: Nevermind, found the link to your video.

Thanks. But how can the earlier v1.8.2 be downloaded and installed? Unless I missed something, changing the version number in the original post link did not work.

• RonS locked this topic