AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Thanks for that, yeah I thought as much. I'm just intrigued to know how the apps running on the radio know to switch to the radio antenna. I thought it might have something to do with being run simultaneously with the app radio app because the app radio app is listed in the location services in the iphone settings, so if the google maps app is running in extensions (providing a way is found to do this in iOS6), it might be able to do this?

your radio unit its mirroring the application in your phone everything its running on your phone and being displayed in your radio unit.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike I think I can't wait any more for the background situation to be fixed on IOS 6.1.2, I am selling my iPhone 4s to buy a 4 and downgrade to IOS 5.1.1 so I can get everything working on my unit, do you think i should still wait and keep my 4S, honestly I would rather keep my 4s but since the only purpose of it its to use it with appradio extensions in my car, there is no point because it doesn't work 100%. What do your recommend I do, sell it and buy the 4 or wait a little longer, how close are we to a solution????

can some one plz explain me something why does in all the video there a nice big clock like in mike video

when i bought my unit it had the same big nice clock on the display "appradio"

but i dont have this the only thing i have his a dull anime and icon no big nice clock 8-(

and pionner are off no use they dont even no why

anybody has some info on that ?

Hey guys,

Been using AppRadio 2 with MikeDeCaro solution and it's been great so far. However, I have a question and as I don't know where to ask I decided to post here. Maybe you can help me.

If I connect my iPhone to the car cigarette charger and my 2009 Saturn Vue engine is turned off, it charges my phone. However, if I connect it to my AppRadio 2 with the engine turned off it does not charge my iPhone. Is it possible to have the AppRadio charge my iPhone while the engine is turned off? I don't want the technical way of how to achieve this, If anyone confirms it is possible I'll go back to the guy that installed it and ask him to rewire.

Thanks!

The only way to have the unit recharge the phone when the car is off is to have the unit wired to always be on which is not a good idea. But this is off topic so please create another thread if you plan to continue from here.

Offtopic: You'll have to unplug the USB lead from the pioneer cable and connect to the ciggy port charger. But when you want to use the iphone with AppRadio youll have to plug the USB back. Or maybe you could have a USB split cable that have a switch.

I'm getting my new Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS w/iPhone 5 AppRadio Mode and I'd love to try this with AppRadio Extensions (my iPhone 5 is jailbroken on 6.1.2).

However, it looks like it doesn't work yet, right?

Is there any benefit to using AppRadio extensions or DisplayOut right now?

Using the regular HDMI cable and Lightning Digital A/V adapter you can already mirror the iPhone screen...

Right now about the only benefit to AppEx on an i5 is the siri button on the AppRadio screen, the ability to have the unit auto launch the AppRadio app without having to give the phone permission and the ability to launch some "unsupported" apps from the unit. The camera app and netflix can be launched from the screen but have to be controlled from there. Basically if you are already jailbroken you might as well go ahead and use AppEx for the few benefits it does offer.

VBLUE42: Just tried App Radio ex for the first time after reading your post. Just been running Display Out before to mirror apps like Navigon that doesnt allow secondary monitor.. Anyway, when installing Appradio Ext, it automatically removes the Display out but when running Appradio Ext, I only get a small mirrored image, nicely displayed center on the DA-100, but it doesnt fill. Otherwise it works fine, Siri works, Apps start fine in landscape etc, but the image is small. Is this normal? Just checking. iPhone 5 6.1.2 + DA-100 latest fw.

Right now about the only benefit to AppEx on an i5 is the siri button on the AppRadio screen, the ability to have the unit auto launch the AppRadio app without having to give the phone permission and the ability to launch some "unsupported" apps from the unit. The camera app and netflix can be launched from the screen but have to be controlled from there. Basically if you are already jailbroken you might as well go ahead and use AppEx for the few benefits it does offer.

If you check Netflix in Unsupported Apps section, does it launch it in a mirrored mode or does it launch it in the same way it would if you manually launch it from the phone? (Where the phone becomes the scrubber/search mode and the screen acts only as a TV for the video and nothing else)

• RonS locked this topic