AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it closes back to the home screen (on the iPhone), black screen with no touch input on the unit. I need to re-open AppRadio manually.

Please make sure you don't have anything else that might be messing up your apex, I have an iPhone 4 and although I experience what you say it not all the time and it doesn't happened with every app, apps like music and video or mail or messages work great when clicking on the black bars it loads appradio app again, when using other applications like cydia and some that are not originally supported by appradio that's when I experience the problem of taping on the black bars and appradio app doesn't launch. On the same note when I open appradio and I get the welcome Adrian's iPhone screen on the unit after it loads and I select an app like music and then tap on the black side bar to go back to the appradio home that shows my apps on the unit, it dosent go back to where it was before but instead it loads again the whole thing with the welcome Adrian's iPhone screen again, this takes also a long time and makes it hard to switch applications, what I've been doing is I've been pressing the home button and this allowed me to see the iPhone screen and then I can launch another app from there, hopefully we can get all this fix on the next beta, :) thank you so much mike...

Please make sure you don't have anything else that might be messing up your apex, I have an iPhone 4 and although I experience what you say it not all the time and it doesn't happened with every app, apps like music and video or mail or messages work great when clicking on the black bars it loads appradio app again, when using other applications like cydia and some that are not originally supported by appradio that's when I experience the problem of taping on the black bars and appradio app doesn't launch. On the same note when I open appradio and I get the welcome Adrian's iPhone screen on the unit after it loads and I select an app like music and then tap on the black side bar to go back to the appradio home that shows my apps on the unit, it dosent go back to where it was before but instead it loads again the whole thing with the welcome Adrian's iPhone screen again, this takes also a long time and makes it hard to switch applications, what I've been doing is I've been pressing the home button and this allowed me to see the iPhone screen and then I can launch another app from there, hopefully we can get all this fix on the next beta, :) thank you so much mike...

Thanks for your input. However, I can't see what could possibly mess with AppEx, as it's the only thing I have installed from Cydia, other than iBlacklist app.

Pressing the home button once on my 8480 (8400), has no effect at all. That's the behavior on all units that have AppRadio Mode, afaik.

Did some more extensive tests a while ago, and found that the black screen issue while tapping black bars is aleatory. Some apps, like Sygic and TomTom, do it more often, but some times the bars work as intended.

Another thing that I noticed, is that Google Maps and MotionX almost always crash to springboard, but leaving full touch control active.

After all, I think that solving the iPhone 4 slowness issue is much more important than these weird app behavior, that can be addressed later :) 

I gonna ask a dumb question here - the important note says only compatible with v1.8 of appradio. I can't find that version. Only 2.2.0 is showing.

Also, it shows that this is compatible with avic-z150. Pretty positive I'm not doing something right here. I still see all the standard apps and have no way to choose or add additional ones.. pretty lost here as you can see

relevant details:

iphone5

iOS 6.0.2

installed appradio extensions v 2.0.1-173 from decaro.com/repo

avic-z150

I gonna ask a dumb question here - the important note says only compatible with v1.8 of appradio. I can't find that version. Only 2.2.0 is showing.

Also, it shows that this is compatible with avic-z150. Pretty positive I'm not doing something right here. I still see all the standard apps and have no way to choose or add additional ones.. pretty lost here as you can see

relevant details:

iphone5

iOS 6.0.2

installed appradio extensions v 2.0.1-173 from decaro.com/repo

avic-z150

Please see the FAQ entry for iOS 6 located at http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36595-appradio-extensions-faq-read-this-before-posting/

come on now....don't be like that. i'm asking a question here.

iOS 6

What version of the AppRadio app do I need?

The latest version available in the AppStore.

There is an option in the Settings app to select which apps are displayed.

Wait - I think I understand now. You mean the settings in the settings app for the phone.

Just found that now. I was thinking that I should be seeing that under the settings button inside the app radio app. But it's not. It's inside the settings app for the phone.

DOH! Got it now. Thanks!

List the options you see in the settings for AppEx.

Thanks mike -thanks vblue42. I edited my post right above yours to include what I found out after looking around a little bit more. I guess I was an idiot for not looking there until now.

We'll see what happens when get the phone plugged in.

hello,

mike thank you for having responded to my question

where I can download all BETA? (1,2,3 beta,, 10), I'd like the best beta for iphone 4

thank you

Go to the first page of this thread.

• RonS locked this topic