AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

hello,

mike thank you for having responded to my question

where I can download all BETA? (1,2,3 beta,, 10), I'd like the best beta for iphone 4

thank you

You can use the link in the first post and just change the beta number for old versions. I'm not sure if any of them run better on the iPhone 4 since I haven't fixed the issue yet. If you do find one that runs better, let me know and I'll look into it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, dont forget that these updates are betas and still not the full version of appex. Mike is working with everyone and listening to suggestions on how to make it better but he is only one man so give him a break. There will be bugs and issues until then, lets all just be patient and give this man some support. He has done a great job so far so we will only see improvements with every release.

And he's doing free of charge so you guys need to be sure you donate. A dollar a person can feed his family. Personally I think he should charge for this once it gets to release candidate.

....just to share my experience with appextension, i've found this version (the latest 2.0.1-173) more stable than the previous one, no one crash! never! :) but the screen is scaled-down a bit in non supported apps, and all the ios system UI.

I have only got full screen for waze and carmediaplayer

My conf is:

Iphone 4s 6.1.2

Appradio app 2.2.0

Appex 2.0.1-173 by mike's repo

Sph-da02 4.16

In my opinion there's no need of the two black bars to work as an home button, we have already got the unit's button.

I would give priority to full screen.

Not here to complain, mike's making a great job!

A donor.

....just to share my experience with appextension, i've found this version (the latest 2.0.1-173) more stable than the previous one, no one crash! never! :) but the screen is scaled-down a bit in non supported apps, and all the ios system UI.

I have only got full screen for waze and carmediaplayer

My conf is:

Iphone 4s 6.1.2

Appradio app 2.2.0

Appex 2.0.1-173 by mike's repo

Sph-da02 4.16

In my opinion there's no need of the two black bars to work as an home button, we have already got the unit's button.

I would give priority to full screen.

Not here to complain, mike's making a great job!

A donor.

The home button brings you back to the main AppRadio homescreen, not the AppRadio app, so we do need the black bars. Plus the size of the iPhone apps aren't the same aspect ratio as the AppRadio screen so it can't fill it for that reason also, if I'm not mistaken...

Mike, I would also like to see full screen on unsupported apps but still retain the zones on the side to return to the apps menu. Is there a possibility of "hold to return" instead of tap?

Does the latest appex beta work for iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 ?

No

Mike, I would also like to see full screen on unsupported apps but still retain the zones on the side to return to the apps menu. Is there a possibility of "hold to return" instead of tap?

Hold to return is possible, assuming you don't need the press and hold action in the unsupported app.

If the app was full screen, would you cut off the sides or the top and bottom? The aspect ratio of the iPhone screen doesn't match the ratio of the head unit so part of the screen will be missing.

I dont mind the black bars down the side of the screen. It might be nice if it was just one black bar rather than two black bars but really in the grand scheme of other tweaks and issues its pretty low down on my needs. 

The screen calibration when i press the screen for me is a much bigger issue. sometimes it just does not acknowledge that i have pressed the screen. This can be massively frustrating when trying to change tracks in the iPhone music app. 

And he's doing free of charge so you guys need to be sure you donate. A dollar a person can feed his family. Personally I think he should charge for this once it gets to release candidate.

+1 on this. It's definitely worth paying a premium. I say $4.99 and free license to anyone who donated during the developmental period.

Mike, I have an AVIC-Z150BH and have to say that you are doing great work. I just wanted to throw this in even though I know it's already mentioned on the first page. Maybe it's more of a Z150 compatibility issue with AppEx. I have an iPhone 5.

The only way I can control anything is by touching an inch or two to the right and below of what I need to click. Any buttons I need to touch near the bottom or near the right of the screen are unusable.

Anyways, I'm hoping this is part of the iPhone 5 "touch events aren't registering in the right place" problem you've listed on the first page...and not a problem with Z150/AppEx compatibility. Just wanted to say thanks again for your program!

• RonS locked this topic