AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyway to get this to work with an ipod touch 2g? I've tried getting the 1.8 appradio to install but it says it needs a later version of ios. I guessed if I could get this to work I could use appradioextensions_1.1.3-1?

Thanks for the replies.

Edit: Also, if I was to purchase a ipod 4g, would I be able to use a gps software like copilot and use the appradio 2 external gps antenna? (From what I've read, it should work, just to verify before I purchase one).

Is there a possibility that someone will develop an update so that the Appradio extensions will work with ios 7 and the latest Appradio firmware?

i have the SPH-DA210...i'll be honest, unless they do develop an update for appradio extensions, this unit sucks. i'm the type of person that uses an old iphone 4 - i keep it in the car hooked up to the appradio. i would much rather use my old iphone 5 and keep that in the car , BUT I have an iPhone 5s that I use and i can't seem to find a way to use my iphone 5 for playing music on the appradio AND connect my iphone 5s for hands free calling. seems like only one phone can be connected via bluetooth on it which is why i have to resort to using an iphone 4.

I'm really starting to be disappointed with this unit.   :(

Is there a possibility that someone will develop an update so that the Appradio extensions will work with ios 7 and the latest Appradio firmware?

i have the SPH-DA210...i'll be honest, unless they do develop an update for appradio extensions, this unit sucks. i'm the type of person that uses an old iphone 4 - i keep it in the car hooked up to the appradio. i would much rather use my old iphone 5 and keep that in the car , BUT I have an iPhone 5s that I use and i can't seem to find a way to use my iphone 5 for playing music on the appradio AND connect my iphone 5s for hands free calling. seems like only one phone can be connected via bluetooth on it which is why i have to resort to using an iphone 4.

Not sure where to begin.

The unit does what was advertised, it's not made by Mike, he for free released his app to us (thanks) and it works. If we upgraded before the ios7 app was ready we choose to go without it (wishing I waited)

e30cab, on 08 Jan 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

williamsm834, on 08 Jan 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

Not sure where to begin.

The unit does what was advertised, it's not made by Mike, he for free released his app to us (thanks) and it works. If we upgraded before the ios7 app was ready we choose to go without it (wishing I waited)

Completely agree. The only reason I held back from making the jump to ios7 was because I knew I would lose Appex! Can't wait for the update!

I'm not sure if this was already a feature, but I'd like to ask and or request it.

I'd like to be able to play MixTrax app via Blue Tooth audio while the Lightening plug isn't plugged in. 

Right now if I try to play MixTrax, I get no audio at all.   I think the App Radio is trying to force it down the cable, and I can't play it even via iPhone speaker.   If bluetooth is enabled and connected the back end AppRadio takes over.

The reason I want this is, I use a battery case with micro USB charging.   I found myself using this more often than not, so I haven't been using the Lightening connectivity as often as I used to. 

So basically I'm looking for a way to disable the app radio connection while not plugged in via Lightning.   (and use generic blue tooth stereo only)

Is this possible for AppRadio Extensions to autodetect if we are plugged into lightning or now, and or fake out MixTrax to work?   It sux that I finally started liking MixTrax and now it doesn't work unless I take my iphone out of the battery case, and plug in lightning.

Has anyome addressed this issue? Streaming music without the lightihg cable is a must! Have you figured out how to play music using A2DP?

Hi. I am using appradio1 with an iPod 4g with the latest appradio extensions. Appradio app 2.5.0 and I'm running on ios6.1.5. Everything looks great. The only thing is that if I want to use an unsupported app then I have to open the app from the iPod before I connect it to the appradio and then it will work and have touch support on the unit. If I try to open an app from the unit while the iPod is connected then it freezes and resprings . Can anybody help me with this please??????? Your help would be much appreciated.

P.S thanks for all the hard work Mike

Hi Mike

I'm from south africa, just want to congratulate you on the awesome work. Extensions works flawlessly on my AVH-P8450BT (same as 8400BH).

Will be contributing very soon after my paypal account is verified and created.

Just a quick one...any news on the fullscreen tweak? That would make this absolutely awesome!!!

Thanks

Kris

Mike, Some of us are crafty and are running iOS 7.1 betas. Don't worry about testing your extension to run on the betas, but please make sure to allow them to install to a version that high once you launch your initial release for 7.0.4 please. 

• RonS locked this topic