AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

After initial success with my setup (SPA-DH100 and iPod Touch 4g) I'm now constantly having trouble.

Unsupported apps usually just won't start. The app's start screen loads for ages, and then I'm re-routed to my iPod's home screen.

The only way to get the respective app working is disconnecting the iPod, starting the respective app, re-connect and select the app from the radio screen. Usually this has to be done again after every re-boot of the radio.

I tried this with iOS 5, appradio 1.8.2 and the respective version of appex (this combo worked great in the beginning and then the stalls started to increase), and it is the same with iOS 6 and current versions of appradio and appex.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If provision of more information is needed please let me know.

Thanks.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

First i just wanted to say I am so glad to have found this sight after just buying my AppRadio3 DA110 in the UK (with 5S ios7 and digital AV adapter) and being pretty disappointed with it from an ease of use perspective ...

Can I ask a few quick questions which I can't figure out from searching ....

1) does appradio ext allow for voice commands (Tomtom specifically) over the radio where the radio volume is dropped briefly? And returning promptly?

2) is there a fast way to move between an unsupported app (eg Tomtom) and the radio or the iPhone music controls and then back again?

3) I've read about auto-rotate but can you make ah unsupported app display in landscape automatically on the HU even when the phone is portrait?

Thanks in advance !!

ps I know I need to wait for jb ios7

Hi,

First i just wanted to say I am so glad to have found this sight after just buying my AppRadio3 DA110 in the UK (with 5S ios7 and digital AV adapter) and being pretty disappointed with it from an ease of use perspective ...

Can I ask a few quick questions which I can't figure out from searching ....

1) does appradio ext allow for voice commands (Tomtom specifically) over the radio where the radio volume is dropped briefly? And returning promptly?

2) is there a fast way to move between an unsupported app (eg Tomtom) and the radio or the iPhone music controls and then back again?

3) I've read about auto-rotate but can you make ah unsupported app display in landscape automatically on the HU even when the phone is portrait?

Thanks in advance !!

ps I know I need to wait for jb ios7

1) If you mean does TomTom fade out the music, give you the direction, then fade it back in again - yes it does.

2) The only way using the headunit to switch between radio/ipod app and TomTom would be to use to the home button on the radio, or if you have steering wheel controls, then you can control the music with those

3) Yes, app ex does this

As you've pointed out, you need an ios7 jailbreak to be released first, and then I presume this version of AppEx needs to be updated for ios7 (and maybe even AR3, I'm not sure)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - are you sure it fades the native HU *radio* during app voice commands? With the un-jailbroken Appradio 3 you can "mix" app sounds with the radio when the radio is playing but it just literally mixes, and at a fixed volume (which you can adjust but is never right!). If you are playing music through an app then it does fade the music when tomtom commands come in - but I think this is because when you are playing music through an app the music is coming over the bluetooth stream.......I'd be really interested to know because otherwise I might ditch this unit. PS I'm in the UK so I don't have a decent "radio app" - which would probably solve the issue....

Thanks in advance......

Hi.

I have sph-da01 with iphone 3gs. I do not like the iphone :( .

Each time to connect the phone jack... for listening music

I have idea - connect media player based on andoid like wd tv live.

Video via component output.

Power from da01.

How to AppRadio transfer touch panel? Serial lines TxD? 

I just bought an iPhone 5 that was jailbroken so I can get the extensions up and running . I have an app radio 2 .i can't figure out why I can't get the app mode to be highlighted or pandora won't highlight either I have an non jailbroken iPhone 5 that's working fine using the lighting to Hdmi adapter

So I thought I would get a jailbroken phone to use the extensions but I can't get app radio to work at all with extensions or with out

I can get the Bluetooth to pair but that's it other then that the app icon or pandora icon won't let me touch it won't become highlighted almost like the phone is not connected ????

Any help would be amazing thanx ???

Waze does not work right in my appradio2, if i leave "force mirroring" off it justs loads into a black screen, with mirroring on the app loads but comes to screen all "stretched" and touch commands are not recognized (the red cross with pointing hand appears). CarMediaPlayer works fine, radio and bluetooth handsfree also works.

Same problem with other unofficial apps, google search loads into a white screen without ever landing into the search page.

Appradio2 (8.17 firmware) with fresh 6.1.3 tethered ipod touch 4 gen, latest beta extensions from developers cydia.

Any hints about what to look for? I can roll back to 5.0 firmware on the ipod but i found the scroll being more fluid with beta extensions

Hi!

iphone 3gs jailbreak 6.1 sph-da01

1. With APE2.0 no view on da01 (trial period resupported expired and removed this, no settings for tv out)

2. When installed DisplayOut, but disabled - work fine.

3. When installed and active DisplayOut, mirror springborad and application on display in fullsize landscape mode, no touch. APE2.0 force mirror only small scratch size.

Sorry for my bad English.

• RonS locked this topic