AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Did all the instructions on the first page

appradioextensions beta 3 installed over version of Cydia - put in the folder /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall, and rebooted the iphone - incompatible applications do not work.

ifile paid, there is an option without it solve the problem? Where and how to install a .deb file from the link

That's the kind of application I try - messages, foursquare, chrome - maybe they're special

thanks

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you reboot your phone after install?

Some apps if they have their own TV out might not work.

I think Mike has a whitelist exception for these. (it'd be nice if the user could manage the whitelist).

I have Display Out installed alongside AppEx, and I use the SBSetting DisplayOUT toggle to turn it on/off depending on what my needs are.

For example. My Tom Tom navigation... I can only get it to show using DisplayOUT.

No touch available to the head unit, but at least it's upfront in face better

The phone only restarted many times, tried different methods, it is possible installed the beta 3 is incorrect. Thanks for the idea with displayout - is not expensive, I'll try until you can deal with the problem.

think you need to use ifile download file from link and follow instructions on first page and you should be good to go. Think mike was saying he didnt want to add to cydia just yet due to its still in beta and wants to get it all worked out first. 100x better than most developers on the app store that just throw things in there that are crap.

Did all the instructions on the first page

appradioextensions beta 3 installed over version of Cydia - put in the folder /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall, and rebooted the iphone - incompatible applications do not work.

ifile paid, there is an option without it solve the problem? Where and how to install a .deb file from the link

That's the kind of application I try - messages, foursquare, chrome - maybe they're special

thanks

Hi Mike, Hi everyone,

Here i am with the same problem someone else had.

The "non beta" version worked flawless!! Navigon was on the display of the head unit, and safari too. Additional apps were on the menu of the app radio.

Tried many times beta version 2, and was unable to get the tout to work properly. Hoped version 3 fixed it, but today i tried it, and i have the same issue.

Rebooted after installation (with file), erased manually all of old files related to appex. Nothing seems to work!

I see correctly app radio extensions in the preferences, i see additional apps in the Head Unit, but once i launch one of them i got black screen on the appradio. i don't understand why 1.4 worked fine!! Can't see forward to use additional apps with the touchscreen!! :mrgreen:

I don't have backgrounder installed....something is messing with the display out incorporated in appex.

Do you have any idea?

I have try this beta 3 in my iphone 5.1.1 : now my appradio and my iphone dont work !!! When i connect my iphone my appradio launch appradio application but dont have access in appmod... I have a black screen in appmod, appmod dont work... I have try unistall this beta, reboot, unistall / reinstall appradio application, reboot appradio, i have unistall all ect... I have tested launch directly in my iphone springboard application compatible, again black screen i dont see picture now in my appradio... :-( Mike your extention is not compatible in 5.1.1 ??

Edit : reset settings and deleted manually file, install again ! WORKS GREAT :) :) :) NICE JOBS !!!!!

Please, what do you mean "reset settings"? i think i have the same problem as you!!

What files did you erased? ( i tried erasing every file i saw on the package details i saw on cydia!!)

Please, what do you mean "reset settings"? i think i have the same problem as you!!

What files did you erased? ( i tried erasing every file i saw on the package details i saw on cydia!!)

Unistall appex in cydia, And go to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and errase all appex file ( 1 or 2 file) go in setting / general / restore for restore all default settings in you iphone, reinstall appex with ifile, enjoy :-)

Did you reboot your phone after install?

Some apps if they have their own TV out might not work.

I think Mike has a whitelist exception for these. (it'd be nice if the user could manage the whitelist).

I have Display Out installed alongside AppEx, and I use the SBSetting DisplayOUT toggle to turn it on/off depending on what my needs are.

For example. My Tom Tom navigation... I can only get it to show using DisplayOUT.

No touch available to the head unit, but at least it's upfront in face better

Try to uninstall DIsplayOut completely. That is how I got it to work.

Hi Mike, Hi everyone,

Here i am with the same problem someone else had.

The "non beta" version worked flawless!! Navigon was on the display of the head unit, and safari too. Additional apps were on the menu of the app radio.

Tried many times beta version 2, and was unable to get the tout to work properly. Hoped version 3 fixed it, but today i tried it, and i have the same issue.

Rebooted after installation (with file), erased manually all of old files related to appex. Nothing seems to work!

I see correctly app radio extensions in the preferences, i see additional apps in the Head Unit, but once i launch one of them i got black screen on the appradio. i don't understand why 1.4 worked fine!! Can't see forward to use additional apps with the touchscreen!! :mrgreen:

I don't have backgrounder installed....something is messing with the display out incorporated in appex.

Do you have any idea?

Do you have DIsplayOut of any other mirroring software installed. If so, uninstall it and see if it works.

Is it normal to have LAG when using Navigon and other unsupported apps? I just got my APPradio2 last week. Wanted to be sure thats it a defect with my Appradio headunit itself.

Yes, for now. I need to optimize the mirroring functionality after I get the core functionality working.

AR1 : firmware 2.56

iPhone 4 + IOS 5.1.1 + AppRadio 1.7.1

I've uninstalled AppExt beta 2, downloaded beta 3, installed with DiskAid.

1st try, KO. I could launch user applications but I've forget to reboot the iPhone, so reboot and now OK. Reboot is mandatory.

Great job, I tried tomtom France 1.9, TomTom Europe 1.10 and I can manage them from AR screen, portait and landscape format screen, with iCoyotte running in background and sound of both in the car speakers, even with Radio or CarMediaPlayer as well.

Just some small issue when trying to switch from iCoyotte to Inrix for example : when I press central button I come back on iCoyotte or Appradio is displayed but nothing more I can't close it and the only solution is unplugged the connector.

Another issue with iCoyotte, but AppAxt is not concerned : it always starts with night screen on AR but full-light on iPhone screen, I've to commute (finger up to down) on the iPhone to set night position and then to day position (finger down to up) to be full-light on the AR screen.

Do you get any issues with the signal when using tomtom ? Also are your running app radio 1 or 2 ?

Hi everyone. I'm getting a problem whilst running tomtom through my app radio 2. I'm using the beta 3 version. The Tom Tom loads up and is displayed on the app radio but I just get "no gps signal".

Anyone else getting this problem.

Oh, also whilst using the free sat nav, navfree, the arrow on the map doesn't face the direction I'm going

Hi everyone. I'm getting a problem whilst running tomtom through my app radio 2. I'm using the beta 3 version. The Tom Tom loads up and is displayed on the app radio but I just get "no gps signal".

Anyone else getting this problem.

Oh, also whilst using the free sat nav, navfree, the arrow on the map doesn't face the direction I'm going

I always have this problem, even on non-jailbroken devices. It seems like MotionX is the only app that knows how to use the AppRadio's GPS antenna. Not something caused by the beta.

still black screen vwith beta 3...even if i removed the files manually from library....

back to 1.4....all normal...

stupid exemple, but if you add facebook shortcut, does it display and work with appradio touchscreen ?

crazy....

• RonS locked this topic