AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i just purchased and installed my new AR2 and dld the AR extensions from the fist post, it works great, but i don't know what I'm doing wrong because i can't see Navigon or Slingbox at the head unit. A warning message comes up with something like this: Can't watch video at the front display. I have a grounded switch going to the parking brake and afaik it works good, because if i turn "off" the switch another message pops up saying to apply the park brake.

I was able to open my Txt message app, and other stuff, but not the other 2 apps.

If you have the USA version, you have apply, remove and re-apply the parking break.

So you can't just wire to ground forever. you need to wire to a simple SPST switch ($3 or less) then wire the other side of the switch to Ground.

Then you can press the switch to simulate on off on.

You don't need to do this on-off-on for all the head unit functions I have found.

I have the 8400BH, and for DVD or SD, I on'y need to ground once, but App mode and iPod video playback I usually need to do the double sequence.

Hope that helps.

You can also use a replay and not have a switch, but with firmware updates you sometimes need to re-program your relay circuitry, and a switch is just easier and cheaper and you never have to fiddle with re-programming.

If you have the USA version, you have apply, remove and re-apply the parking break.

So you can't just wire to ground forever. you need to wire to a simple SPST switch ($3 or less) then wire the other side of the switch to Ground.

Then you can press the switch to simulate on off on.

You don't need to do this on-off-on for all the head unit functions I have found.

I have the 8400BH, and for DVD or SD, I on'y need to ground once, but App mode and iPod video playback I usually need to do the double sequence.

Hope that helps.

You can also use a replay and not have a switch, but with firmware updates you sometimes need to re-program your relay circuitry, and a switch is just easier and cheaper and you never have to fiddle with re-programming.

The grounded switch works perfectly for all apps/functions. I honestly only had to switch on-off-on the first time, and now it doesn't show the parking brake message. Only comes up if I turn the switch to off, which I have never turned off since I finished troubleshooting.

I've retryied but maybe i don't understand the use of appext 2 beta...

i've reinstalled with ifile....

i have only the little screen pioneer appradio app "stuck" on sphda01 monitor....

instead of having on left and right side the background of the other application shortcut,

i have only two black sides on left and right to "appradio app" displayed.

when i touch these "black" side ( left or right ) it bring me back to app shortcuts of appradio...

screen is 7 millimeters smaller all around ...

i have almost the same as all what you describe, but no app with touch fonction ??? black screen ?

how do you proceed exactly ?

do you need other app than appext beta 2 to make available app with touchscreen ?

J'ai reinstallé app ext beta 2 avec ifile...

l'ecran avec les app, m'apparait plus petit d'environ 7 mm tout autour...

quand je lance une app

je n'ai que le petit ecran de présentation pioneer appradio au millieu de mon poste avec 2 bandes noires...au lieu de voir en fond d'ecran les autres icones...

si je touche l'une ou l'autre de ces bandes noire, je reviens sur ma liste des applications que je peux choisir ...

désolé , mais je dois définitevement pas avoir de chance alors que la pack 1.4 marche tres correctement ...

So I have been following since this thread started and wanted to inform everyone about the compatability of the extensions with the Appradio 2. I have actually now owned both and can confirm that it works on the 2nd. Now it does not work exactly the same, for some reason the notifications does not work on the appradio 2 which is dissapointing. Also when using the youtube app with the touch screen controls it seems to get stuck after I play a video.

Thanks very much but for me definitly don't work....back to version 1.1.4...that work without any problem.

if it interessting you mr Decaro, here end my experience as beta test to this version.

Quick status update:

Life got pretty busy the past few weeks so I haven't had much time to code. I just got my new computer all set up so I should be back on track now. Still working on the app switching issue.

I had been using 1.4 and removed it and now installed the beta but i cant configure it since its not showing in my general settings?

Mike

Do you still have PreferenceLoader installed?

i have only the little screen pioneer appradio app "stuck" on sphda01 monitor....

instead of having on left and right side the background of the other application shortcut,

i have only two black sides on left and right to "appradio app" displayed.

when i touch these "black" side ( left or right ) it bring me back to app shortcuts of appradio...

screen is 7 millimeters smaller all around ...

i have almost the same as all what you describe, but no app with touch fonction ??? black screen ?

how do you proceed exactly ?

do you need other app than appext beta 2 to make available app with touchscreen ?

Sounds like its not automatically switching to the selected application? I'd just hold out until the next update to see if the issue still exists so we aren't tracking down something that was already fixed.

As far as SiriusXM goes it might be a little harder than you might think......Case & point with AR and AR2 you can't do bluetooth streaming which is the norm for the IPhone and SiriusXM. When using the doc cable I always get somekind of conflict which stops the app dead in its tracks..I have not figured a way around this yet.

I would give about anything if I could get my SiriusXM app to work in Appradio2. Also, if I could use Siri. If I could get those 2 things, I wouldn't need anything else. Let me know when those are available and I will send a donation.

Yeah something happens with siriusxm, i had to reinstall to get it fuctioning again. Look at MusicDock as a workareound. Going to try myself, i hope it works.

• RonS locked this topic