AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

I tried to run angry birds on the display to see if it works like they advertise on the hackradio, it is very laggy but the weirdest part i have seen is the swipe action is backwards. for instance if i swipe from right to left on the iphone screen the i would be moving the screen towards the left, if i do this on the pioneer screen it moves the screen in the opposite direction.

also i tried to click onto a specific point on the screen (un pause button on the top left) but it didnt register instead launched safari as if i was tapping on the ads on the right side.

Sounds like it's not picking up on the app's orientation. I added it to the bug list.

I do have a feature request but this is probably something that might/wont work... could there be a way of having 2 apps working at once? for instance one app running on the pioneer screen like a nav (tomtom, navgate) and another app running on the iphone (imessage, email)

I have my iphone mounted in view currently as i have been using it as a tomtom and to have the same thing running on both screens seem a waste. if only there was a way of using this like a second screen rather than a mirror display

With touch events for the app on the radio's screen - No

Without touch events from the radio - It's possible

Maybe I'll add something like this in the future. Right now I'm still working on the core functionality (app switching, orientation changes, etc.)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it's not picking up on the app's orientation. I added it to the bug list.

With touch events for the app on the radio's screen - No

Without touch events from the radio - It's possible

Maybe I'll add something like this in the future. Right now I'm still working on the core functionality (app switching, orientation changes, etc.)

That's what I'm hoping for....and possibly a work around to get pandora to play nicer with non-apps....

Also Mike, the battery and time additions are nice.....May I suggest the reception bars!!! it would be sweet to not have to look at your phone all the time!!!

Do you have a donation link????

Also Mike, the battery and time additions are nice.....May I suggest the reception bars!!! it would be sweet to not have to look at your phone all the time!!!

Do you have a donation link????

You can donate here: http://mikedecaro.com/?s=projects

The best part about the battery level is that it's the true battery % on the Appradio display..

iPhone pads their % a bit.. around actual battery charge 96-97% your iPhone will read 100%.

then it'll allow the battery to stay charged up to 100% battery capacity.

That way the phone looks like it's at 100% for a couple % drops, and make the use feel like their battery is awesome.

Try it out with the AppExt setting. Mine always shows a difference of 2-3 % between iPhone and App Mode

But I +1000 to getting the little bugs sorted through first like switching to Home screen without having to kill app on phone then reload to change apps.

I will be donating for sure!

Thanks for the hard work Mike. (Running a AVH-P8400)

Edited by NorthTron

Ok guys I did a second demo with the AR2 and my i4 today at my local audio shop and I have to say I am absolutely amazed. Even at the beta level of this software it so opens up the capabilities of the AR2. Even the guys at the shop are now considering purchases of the AR2 with the us of these extensions. I look forward to seeing the progression into release candidate of these extensions. Mike you are simple awesome sir.

Hey guys! Do you know anything how switch off handbrake notifications? My AppRadio 2 wants to stop my car on lever brake every time when I try to launch Navigon with AppRadio Extensions.

Mike, can you add in AppRadio Extensions this feature?

Sorry for my bad English and not enough knowledge of AppRadio, I'm new in it.

Hey guys! Do you know anything how switch off handbrake notifications? My AppRadio 2 wants to stop my car on lever brake every time when I try to launch Navigon with AppRadio Extensions.

Mike, can you add in AppRadio Extensions this feature?

Sorry for my bad English and not enough knowledge of AppRadio, I'm new in it.

You have to connect the handbrake wire to ground, afaik. Thats what i did on my 8400 and this will bypass the handbrake, so you can use alle Features of the Radio also while driving.

But at least in Germany its Not allowed to do this, but who Cares? ;-)

@mike: i just noticed that it seems that the landscape lock is still active after closing the appradio app. For example Mail App. and Safari stay in landscape no matter whats the iPhone orientation.

Dont know if you already have this on your buglist.

@mike: i just noticed that it seems that the landscape lock is still active after closing the appradio app. For example Mail App. and Safari stay in landscape no matter whats the iPhone orientation.

Dont know if you already have this on your buglist.

I've noticed this as well. If I kill the mail app and relaunch it, the orientation is no longer locked.

Registered to this Site just to say thank you, I have donated $10 :D

I bought the AppRadio 2 as I knew its potential, I received it just yesterday and I downloaded the hack moments after the installation!

I have Earthed the "Parking Break" (I am from the UK so thats all I need to do I believe) however, the "Custom" apps have the "Don't Touch" symbol on the top corner, I am wondering if this is normal as I have seen on your Demo with the original AppRadio you're also able to control it.

Thanks again for all your work!

So i just purchased and installed my new AR2 and dld the AR extensions from the fist post, it works great, but i don't know what I'm doing wrong because i can't see Navigon or Slingbox at the head unit. A warning message comes up with something like this: Can't watch video at the front display. I have a grounded switch going to the parking brake and afaik it works good, because if i turn "off" the switch another message pops up saying to apply the park brake.

I was able to open my Txt message app, and other stuff, but not the other 2 apps.

Mike, just first of all, thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great fantastic work ( i don't ask how many hours you stand on that project )

Respect !!!!

PS : merci laurent pour les copies écrans....l'install' deb, nikelle !!!

• RonS locked this topic