• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Ok so maybe I am missing something. I bought an z130 upgraded it to the 140 and don't have app radio or other compatibility with my current 30pin to lightning adapter. What will i need to buy so I can use my app radio function? Will it work with a 130 upgraded to a 140? Why is pioneer making this so complicated?

• 2 weeks later...

No You

Ok so maybe I am missing something. I bought an z130 upgraded it to the 140 and don't have app radio or other compatibility with my current 30pin to lightning adapter. What will i need to buy so I can use my app radio function? Will it work with a 130 upgraded to a 140? Why is pioneer making this so complicated?

The Iphone 5 can native cable doesn't do video out.  People who have the appradio2 can use the hdmi with the digital out but since the z130-140 doesn't offer an hdmi in, it will never work. 

Pandora and ipod functions as well as Bluetooth phone calls are all good though.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Z130 with the latest Navtech update.  I also have an Iphone 4.  It works good as everyone knows.  I'd like to get an Iphone 5 but I don't care to go through the hassel of another cable workaround to get video and the app radio items.  Anyone know if it would it be possilbe to get say Netfliex video and app radio through an Ipod Touch 4 hooked up to the existing cable as long as the Ipod was tethered via wifi to the Iphone 5 for the internet access?

Upgrade your 130 to the 140 and it will for sure. Regardless the 110/120/130/140 are all the same unit so it shouldn't matter. But your statement was    "since the z130-140 doesn't offer an hdmi in, it will never work."     and Im saying that is not true. Especially sense this adapter doesn't even use HDMI.

I'm planning on upgrading to the AVIC-Z150BH and I was wondering if anyone with the CD-IH202 cable had any luck switching back and forth between 30-pin and lighting using each one's digital A/V adapters?  Since I'm assuming USB is charge/control and HDMI supplies audio/video input, it seems like it would be possible.

I ask as I would like to use my iPhone 5 for audio/video playback fairly often, but also use my iPod classic as a music library that stays in the car.

• 2 weeks later...

2000se, on 22 Apr 2013 - 21:39, said:snapback.png

I thought the whole point was that the iPhone5 does not output video over the standard USB cable and needs the digital adapter to send video?

That is correct. <-- So with anything that does not have HMDI input, iPhone5 will not have video support people.

Now - There's video at the bottom of the iphone5 at the lighting port. It just doesn't want to come out unless you have the digital adaptor. My guess is there is a chip in that adaptor that signals the iphone5 to release the video out the lightening port. I have also seen usb video adaptors for monitors and pc's. If someone can trick the lightening port to thinking that it has a digital adaptor hooked into it, it may pass the video out the usb end. Tough work ahead if someone wants to try that.

The Apple digital adapter pig tail has a few chips in there that do conversion/decoding whatever.  Apple released the lighting to 30-pin adapter but for some reason they left out the video part of it. 

They should have included a video chip on there to output the video as well.