AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gave this a shot 2 hours ago, I used the scripted RenewalIFLib.dll v1.2 replacement method and then ran the update. It got all the way to 100%, rebooted, then started installing a few things - it got to something like 4/6 before it seemingly crashed. At first I thought it was just resetting again to complete the update, but it started moving in and out with the lights flashing in all sorts of weird patterns.

At first I thought it was just running through some new diagnostics or whatnot (I have a z110BT that was updated to z130BT), but it kept doing this for 5+ minutes. Then the lights just started flashing every 3-5s with the screen cycling on and off (from a black screen to a blank backlit black screen) every 2s. My heart sank :(

I tried running a few searches here and I'm afraid the unit is bricked.... I had been in a good mood because I'd gotten a $400 bonus for putting in extra time at work over the weekend, but now it looks like I'll probably have to spend it either getting this repaired or on a new unit? Do I have any other options?

download the super testmode.key from here:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35253-advanced-puzzles-testmodekey-scriptexecini/

put it on an sd or usb, stick it in, and see if it boots up to testmode. If it does, then you are ok. If it does not go into testmode then you are bricked - this is unusual - there have been several folks with z110bt updated to 130 that have had no trouble.

Could it be that maybe the SD card was bad or that the battery went out? This morning when I went to start the car the battery was only at 10v or something, I didn't leave the car running last night during the update because I didn't think that it could possibly draw that much power if only the GPS and accessories were on (headlights were off, dome lights were off, all speakers were off, only things on were the GPS and the indicator lights in the dash with the ignition turned to the "on" position). The battery should've been at full power, I'd just driven home from work on the freeway.

The SD card was also not the newest one I had, but I didn't think it could be a problem since it wrote fine and the first part got all the way to 100% fine. Thanks for this though, I'll give it a shot tonight and see if I can boot it up...

if your battery is at 10v, you may have a "dead" cell, and that is below safe operating voltage for many electronics. If you had a failure during the critical flashing parts and voltage was below normal, all bets are off as to what happened.

Anyhow, it would be easy to find out. With your car adequately powered (say: running), try booting into testmode as I mentioned. If it boots into testmode, then your unit can be recovered. If it does not boot into testmode, then you may need to send it in for service. Also, before you give up - do try booting to testmode with a different sd card (or usb stick).

I think I just bricked my x930bt while trying to update. I backed up my unit first from test mode. I replaced the Renewall files fine using the AutoReplacer with the modded renewall files from post 12. But when I inserted the z140 files, nothing happened and never got pass the boot screen. Tried the cardinfo from post 12 also, but the same result. So I tried to undo everything and restore the backed up files through hackmode. Now I get a "no applicable program" message and cant get back to the hackmode. Help.....

Update: I was able to get it running again. Before I was using Condi's hackmode 2.1 with the auto install, but it wouldn't load up hackmode when it restarted, and just gave me the "no applicable program" error. Used the hackmode 1.3 base and it loaded up from there and was able to restore all the files and get everything running again. I'll give the update another try tomorrow.

im having the same problem with my z12.....im able to now get into testmode i tried pasting in an av.exe i have but still getting no applicable program....what should i do@!!!! its a z13 that was updated to z13....and i put in the condi hackmode autoinstall and this happened..... please help!! im pretty sure i have a backup folder on my desktop ..... how do i "restore" from it?

if your battery is at 10v, you may have a "dead" cell, and that is below safe operating voltage for many electronics. If you had a failure during the critical flashing parts and voltage was below normal, all bets are off as to what happened.

Anyhow, it would be easy to find out. With your car adequately powered (say: running), try booting into testmode as I mentioned. If it boots into testmode, then your unit can be recovered. If it does not boot into testmode, then you may need to send it in for service. Also, before you give up - do try booting to testmode with a different sd card (or usb stick).

mine took a crap when i put in the condi auto boot and stuck at no applicabl program screen...I am able ot get into testmode....how do i recover my unit?

mine took a crap when i put in the condi auto boot and stuck at no applicabl program screen...I am able ot get into testmode....how do i recover my unit?

I was in the same boat today, my problem was caused by inadvertently installing "Condi's HACKMODE v2.21 - AUTOINSTAL" instead of "RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2". It looked like the install worked, but on reboot threw an error message in 3 languages saying something about not finding any application (or words to that effect). I fixed it by:

1. Backing up /user (shoulda done that b4)

2. Renaming /USER/PRGx.FLG to /USER/PRG.FLG (had to copy it to SD & rename on computer).

3. Above might of fixed it, but I also deleted /USER/PRG0/APL/AV and AV.mscr, then copied AV app from PRG1/APL.

4. Remove Testmode SD

5 Rebooted fine into my old CNSD210-FM software. So I was back where I started - more-or-less - using PRG1 apps.

6. Went back and followed the "correct" instructions on installing "RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2" and the right CardInfo.cif for CNSD-210FM.

7. Installed the Z140 SD with no issues.

I was in the same boat today, my problem was caused by inadvertently installing "Condi's HACKMODE v2.21 - AUTOINSTAL" instead of "RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2". It looked like the install worked, but on reboot threw an error message in 3 languages saying something about not finding any application (or words to that effect). I fixed it by:

1. Backing up /user (shoulda done that b4)

2. Renaming /USER/PRGx.FLG to /USER/PRG.FLG (had to copy it to SD & rename on computer).

3. Above might of fixed it, but I also deleted /USER/PRG0/APL/AV and AV.mscr, then copied AV app from PRG1/APL.

4. Remove Testmode SD

5 Rebooted fine into my old CNSD210-FM software. So I was back where I started - more-or-less - using PRG1 apps.

6. Went back and followed the "correct" instructions on installing "RenewalIFLib-AUTO-REPLACER v1.2" and the right CardInfo.cif for CNSD-210FM.

Ron sounds like i did the same thing as you as i did the hackmode autoinstall inadvertantly.... now my problem is i went in an screwed with all sorts of files trying to replace and such....is it possible you can get me your backup folder of /user? please say yes....

Ron sounds like i did the same thing as you as i did the hackmode autoinstall inadvertantly.... now my problem is i went in an screwed with all sorts of files trying to replace and such....is it possible you can get me your backup folder of /user? please say yes....

First, try Renaming /USER/PRGx.FLG to /USER/PRG.FLG. In my case, that fixed it. Looks like my PRG1 files were OK.

What if say i may have possible deleted it some how? :x:( going out to the car to see if its in there...i hope....

Actually, its an empty file. The presense of it tells the loader to user PRG1. So you can just create one, probably with a hex editor or notepad.