AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

What works for me:

AHA Radio and Pandora can now be controlled directly from my Pioneer AVIC-x920BT. This happened as soon as I changed the appradio mode (on Pioneer) from wired to Bluetooth.

The appradio app that Pionara referred to (I guess) is an Apple Store App that can be used for Pioneer integration. However I am not too sure how that works, as I don't use iPhone.

The Pioneer Appradio App for Android is made specifically for Pioneer SPH-DA01 or similar units, and therefore does not apply for Pioneer AVIC-X920BT.

OK, so nothing new. From your "I got this to work" post, I wondered if you found a way to get Advanced App Mode to work with Android.

Before you couldn't find the AHA and Pandora icons. Did they show-up in the AV source wheel after you switched to BT in the AV System settings? I thought they were always there

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gonna give this a try on my x930bt I just recently installed. Im looking forward to the android features. Is there any other perks than the android connectivity?

After reading a lot of posts en looking at the Pioneer website, I am a bit confused...will the appradio functions work with Android on a X/F900BT series HU, upgraded to the latest firmware (940BT)? or is this functionality only for iPhone?

bnwgraaf,

what I have heard is that appmode/bluetooth for android only works for aha/pandora apps. The actual "advanced appmode" is only for iphone, and only AppRadio2 (SPH-DA100?) supports android "advanced appmode"

It is on the pioneer website. I found their exact support matrix somwhere, and posted it on another thread about this (but cant find it now).

Thanks for all the work on this!

I have an X920 and a Z120, both of which had been upgraded to x30

I used pionara's super-easy method, and they are both now x40

Only problem(unrelated to upgrade) is that the X940 bluetooth isn't working, and it seems from some older threads here that's it's a hardware problem. Grrrr!

bnwgraaf,

what I have heard is that appmode/bluetooth for android only works for aha/pandora apps. The actual "advanced appmode" is only for iphone, and only AppRadio2 (SPH-DA100?) supports android "advanced appmode"

It is on the pioneer website. I found their exact support matrix somwhere, and posted it on another thread about this (but cant find it now).

Thanks for the clarification I too was a bit confused on the android functions! On another note does this upgrade prevent you from doing other mods ex. removing the warning screen when switching to navigation?

does this upgrade prevent you from doing other mods ex. removing the warning screen when switching to navigation?

No. you will just need to reapply the mod to the new version after updating. In my thread for removing nag screen, I have info about the navi.exe with this version (4.010)

I updateed my radio and went through all the steps for my z110. Everything went great and it said update complete but when it boots up it still says 2009 maps at the botttom?

Where do you see the map version? I've never seen it displayed.