AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

I've noted a few times in this thread that I've done this successfully. The original z140 files from the download work just fine. If your update isn't starting you are doing something incorrectly, or your SD card is bad.

Thanks mattaleao. So the original 130BT will upgrade perfectly with just 140 update zipfile.

I'm not exactly sure what is the issue at this point. I guess I will try reformatting the SD drive again. I can't imagine unzipping the 140 zip file to desktop, drag and drop the three files (two folders and the cardinfo) to SD root directly that I can do something "wrong".

I also used that same SD and put testmode hack on it and was able to load up hackmode just fine...so weird.

Anyhow will try again after work I guess.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A utility that might be useful for you folks is h2testw_1.4.

It's usually used to suss out those fake Chinese SD cards (that appear as say 32GB when it's really only 2GB, etc.), but works very well for verifying that your SD card is fully functional.

I always run h2testw and format it using SDformatter before doing an update.

@Joe7186 : Sorry if I missed this, but are you upgrading a Z110BT @ Z130BT --> Z140? That's what I hope to try this weekend.

hello guys:

I have read the whole things again and again, but I still don't get it. really not that good at this.

I have original 110 then updated to 120 and then to 130 now.

so I should do the testmode thing first? that's the most part I don't understand there.

can someone please re-post or re-organized a cleared steps for this?? I am sorry if this is too much to ask, but I really couldn't figure how to do this update. Had no problems with to 120 & 130.

and I agreed and wish this update can be like previous did, just pop the SD card with files and let it do its thing :)-

and of course, thank you all so much for the great jobs!!! by the way, does the chip in still live? I I will like to chip in some via paypal if it's still available. thank you again!

You must not have read the first statements. If you are not comfortable with testmode, this is not for you.

We do not yet have it in an automatic way -- I think we are close to that. So you can wait patiently, or if you need this right away, please visit pioneer website for the upgrade.

A more step-by-step procedure is as followed:

1) Download the 140 firmware/map file, Condi Hackmode zip file, RenewallFlib.dll file, etc..

2) Extract the Condi hackmode file to root of your SD card and put the patched RenewallFlib.dll file there too

3) Stick your SD card in your Pioneer unit..test mode should appears.

4) navigate to appropriate folder as described in post #1 here and delete that existing RenewallFlib.dlll file there...

5) navigate back to root of SD and copy that patched RenewallFlib.dll file then navigate back to the folder where you deleted the file and past the copied file there.

6) Do the same (step 4,5) for the PROG1 folder (assuming you just did 4,5 for the PROG0 folder).

You are now DONE with Test mode.

7) Extract the 140 firmware/map file onto your desktop.

8 ) Copy those extracted files to root of SD card (new card formatted card or delete the files you did on step 1-6). In the end you should have 1 file (CardInfo) and 2 folders. Size should be 3.6 gigs

9) You may need to replace the file to Card Info file with one that works (or just use original one if it works).

10) Stick that into your unit and upgrade away.. type any letters for password.

Heaven forbids....Step 7-10 is where I got stuck. When I plug in the SD..nothing happens..I swapped out the Cardinfo file and all...

Some recommended to reformat the SD card with 32 bits and extract teh 140 firmware/map zip file directly onto the card..I will do that tonight.

To Pionara:

I did read that part from the beginning. I guess the testmode is so new to me and the links are all over the places, I can't just get it right after I read so many times. I did try to put all the steps by myself and I think I failed so I asked, hope you don't mind, but I still really appreciate you and others have done for this, thank you!

To randomwalk101:

yes, this is what I need. just a sum up to guide me through it, thank you so much. I am working on it now and will report back once done updating, thank you so much, too!

If your upgrade doesn't start within 15 seconds of putting the SD card in the device, then you either have the wrong cardfile, or your SD card is busted.

Make sure your SD cards are fat32 format, and if you are still having trouble - please include your operating system and which program you are using to unzip the files.

A more step-by-step procedure is as followed:

1) Download the 140 firmware/map file, Condi Hackmode zip file, RenewallFlib.dll file, etc..

2) Extract the Condi hackmode file to root of your SD card and put the patched RenewallFlib.dll file there too

3) Stick your SD card in your Pioneer unit..test mode should appears.

4) navigate to appropriate folder as described in post #1 here and delete that existing RenewallFlib.dlll file there...

5) navigate back to root of SD and copy that patched RenewallFlib.dll file then navigate back to the folder where you deleted the file and past the copied file there.

6) Do the same (step 4,5) for the PROG1 folder (assuming you just did 4,5 for the PROG0 folder).

You are now DONE with Test mode.

7) Extract the 140 firmware/map file onto your desktop.

8 ) Copy those extracted files to root of SD card (new card formatted card or delete the files you did on step 1-6). In the end you should have 1 file (CardInfo) and 2 folders. Size should be 3.6 gigs

9) You may need to replace the file to Card Info file with one that works (or just use original one if it works).

10) Stick that into your unit and upgrade away.. type any letters for password.

Heaven forbids....Step 7-10 is where I got stuck. When I plug in the SD..nothing happens..I swapped out the Cardinfo file and all...

Some recommended to reformat the SD card with 32 bits and extract teh 140 firmware/map zip file directly onto the card..I will do that tonight.

Thanks for the step by step, but it's not working for me at all. I do steps 1&2 , and nothing at all happens when I put the card into my unit. Any ideas?

I know this is off topic, but upgraged from 110BT to the 140bh via pioneer upgrade i bought thru them..will we now have the andvance appradio feature.. i read it does but seem i cant navigate to it..i have a galaxy 3 and been reading in anther forum room about kill nanny app..will this work with this upgrade or is it just for the SPH-DA01 & SPH-DA100 models?