AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

Joe - did you try deleting StartKnd.log to kick the unit out of upgrade mode? If not, go back and read the thread. If so, please list a comprehensive, detailed set of steps that you have achieved similar to what randomwalk provided.

What do you have on your SD card right now? Can you provide a screenshot or listing?

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

joe DO NOT apply any patches to or modify any of the files on the sd card. (Dont change anything on SD\UPDATE folder). If you are replacing files there, maybe it's why it is failing?

You only overwrite the RenewalIFLib.dll on the flash of the unit (\USER\PRG0\APL or \USER\PRG1\APL). This is because that lib is used by the current version of the software to decide to update or not. The software in the update folder is getting installed, and that version of RenewalIFLib.dll will only be used next time you do a major (i.e., 2013) update. Minor updates (from same major version, i.e., 4.01 -> 4.0x) dont require this.

as far as cardinfo.cif goes. If your unit recognizes an update when you put the card in, then you have the right cardinfo.cif on the sd card. If nothing happens, then you need to try a different cardinfo.cif.

Yes - don't modify ANYTHING from the downloaded source z140 files, you ONLY replace the RenewallFlib.dll on the UNIT. *NOT* the source files.

If windows 7 is showing a smaller amount of files than OSX I apologize for that confusion.

If the update accepts the password you put in, and it starts the update - you have successfully completed the patching step of the process. If it stops at 98% that means only one of three things:

- Your SD card is bad

- You are missing at least one file from the source

- You have modified at least one of the source files

Those are the only reasons the update will fail once it's started, it's asking for an SD card because it's expecting a file that isn't present for some reason, or a file has been modified.

joe DO NOT apply any patches to or modify any of the files on the sd card. (Dont change anything on SD\UPDATE folder). If you are replacing files there, maybe it's why it is failing?

You only overwrite the RenewalIFLib.dll on the flash of the unit (\USER\PRG0\APL or \USER\PRG1\APL). This is because that lib is used by the current version of the software to decide to update or not. The software in the update folder is getting installed, and that version of RenewalIFLib.dll will only be used next time you do a major (i.e., 2013) update. Minor updates (from same major version, i.e., 4.01 -> 4.0x) dont require this.

as far as cardinfo.cif goes. If your unit recognizes an update when you put the card in, then you have the right cardinfo.cif on the sd card. If nothing happens, then you need to try a different cardinfo.cif.

Yes - don't modify ANYTHING from the downloaded source z140 files, you ONLY replace the RenewallFlib.dll on the UNIT. *NOT* the source files.

If windows 7 is showing a smaller amount of files than OSX I apologize for that confusion.

If the update accepts the password you put in, and it starts the update - you have successfully completed the patching step of the process. If it stops at 98% that means only one of three things:

- Your SD card is bad

- You are missing at least one file from the source

- You have modified at least one of the source files

Those are the only reasons the update will fail once it's started, it's asking for an SD card because it's expecting a file that isn't present for some reason, or a file has been modified.

thank you for your help pionara it was a sucess i replaced the RenewalIFLib.dll to the original and it worked like a charm i want to thank you and everybody for you help i appreciate it and mattaleao dont worry about the confusion now we atleast kno all the possible issues that can happen so we can help anybody out thanks all again

Joe

Awesome that everything worked. You got me scared when you said you got stuck there.

Do you have the orig 130BT and upgrade to 140? What cardinfo file did you use? If you don't mine can you upload it here? Thanks.

I tried the orig cardinfo from shekana ..nothing happens. So I tried the cardinfo from post #12. Nothing. What now???

Btw there are only 2 cardinfo files right? One is from the orig 140 zip file and the other is from post #12?

No idea, but I wonder if the only difference between the two CNSD-310FM upgrades (one for Z110/120 and another for Z130) is the cardinfo files??? I guess we'll have to wait until the files can be compared.

Now, I'm wondering when someone will put together a simpler hack that works like the previous ShortFuse hacks (you copy the two hacked files into a Pioneer patch release like 1.0001 or 2.0001, and/or 3.0001). Then installing the patch release updates RenewalIFLib.dll without having to go into testmode. So it would be less intimidating for nubies.

Come to think of it, the old ShortFuse hack files would probably work as-is on an un-modified Z110 and then CNSD-310FM should work just fine (with the correct Cardinfo.cif)

I can't tell if anyone has had success doing this on a x920BT or not, so I'm willing to try it. Only question is, do I stand the chance of permanently bricking my unit by doing so? I have the x920BT with the x930BT update installed. (I paid for it and installed it last year)

-Keith

kelkin, with any update, even official pioneer, there is always a remote chance that you could brick it. The difference with the official pioneer update is that you may hvae some support outlet if something goes wrong. With unofficial update, you have ZERO support from Pioneer. However, that chance is very low.

If you have updated x920->x930 then you should be ready to update. The only thing you might have trouble with is finding the right cardinfo.cif for your unit to recognize an update. At this point, many folks have successfully upgraded several different models (including an older z110bt). However, as I originally stated in the first post if you are not comfortable with testmode and a sufficiently technically savvy user, then this update is not ready for you.

We have already spent two pages of back and forth on this thread due to folks having issues because of not carefully following the instructions.

I've noted a few times in this thread that I've done this successfully. The original z140 files from the download work just fine. If your update isn't starting you are doing something incorrectly, or your SD card is bad.

anyone here with an original 130BT successfully upgraded to 140 via the file posted? Thx.