AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just tried the supereasymethod on my Z130 but it gets to about 22% and tells me that I have the wrong SD card and to insert the correct one. Used 7-zip to unzip the files....would it be better to use WinZip instead?

a few things to try:

1. reformat sd card FAT32, recopy update, try again

2. try a different sd card (but follow #1)

a few things to try:

1. reformat sd card FAT32, recopy update, try again

2. try a different sd card (but follow #1)

I had reformatted the card prior to putting the files on it. I can't get the card out of the head unit since it won't respond to any buttons. Will have to take the bezel off and see if I can manage to squeeze it out that way.

i think you can hold down the eject button for 3 secs?

Alternatively,

you can put the super testmode.key on a usb, put that in, and it should boot to testmode. go into file maintenance, and remove the file:

USER\SYSTEM\Download\StartKnd.log - this will kick the unit out of upgrade mode, and should restart into regular mode on next power up

Alternatively,

you can put the super testmode.key on a usb, put that in, and it should boot to testmode. go into file maintenance, and remove the file:

USER\SYSTEM\Download\StartKnd.log - this will kick the unit out of upgrade mode, and should restart into regular mode on next power up

I will give those a try. Thank you.

yes, how can I tell what maps I have?

On my Default Splash screen [settings/System Settings/Splash -> Default] it says:

C 2012 Pioneer Corportation. All Rights Reserved

C NAVTEQ. All Rights Reserved

AFA seeing proof of the map date, I guess you'll have to trust NAVTEQ. BTW, If you are running 4.00x software, you have the latest maps (2011).

it is possible to see the maps/pois version. but you will need to enable debug menu (see my thread), then go into service info, and hold top left corner. you will get a more detailed view of all the versions of just about everything - including navi part codes, dates, optional poi versions, etc etc etc

It should be dated 11/11/....... which is Q4-2011 NT maps aka 2012 maps :)

regardless, if update went correctly, you should have a 2012 splash screen. If you still have an old splash after updating, i suspect the update did not go through

Can someone share a backup from NDATA\NDATA\Sound and TTSData folders from X940 or Z140 (US/CAN) divice with 4.00 or 4.01 software please! It can be even backup from X920 X930 or Z120 Z130 updated to 40-th series. I need to restore language folders after Australian update. %))

Alternatively,

Held down the eject button and it worked. Thanks pionara!

Tried this on my 920BT and it worked great. Followed the updated instructions on the first page, and 30 min later i had the new maps and firmware. Also I updated from the stock 920 maps and firmware. Thanks to all the people on this forum that made it happen.

Did this on my Z130BT this morning. Flawless install.

Looking at doing the caution nag screen bypass over the weekend.