AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

These drives have been working flawless in the southern heat, and I often take my 3/4 ton 4x4 off road without issues.

My drives do contain the latest maps available to any Avic z series. My drives are an exact duplicate of a factory Z3 with only a few modifications:

Music partition expanded

Pioneer banner removed from the splash screen

Latest CDDB (Gracenotes) database has been installed

Your music can be transfered, but the stock drive will need to be unlocked.

I do offer both services:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14915

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16897

Thanks,

garrettoomey

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a quick reply. (To be honest, the MI roads are worse than most of the trails in Utah :D ).

Latest Z map update. So this is the map set shipped with the original Z3 and I guess they do not have any new updates since shipping the units. In the future, would I update with Z3 specific maps, or Z1/Z2 maps? (May not be an answer yet, until updated Z3 maps are available.)

No pioneer splash screen, does this mean I can add a jpeg file with my own spash shield? Will I still be able to add the jpeg files I currently use for the backgrounds>

Is there a difference in pixels between a Z1 and Z2, and if so,does this affect the display on an Z1?

Sorry for the questions, but I was ready to order the latest maps from Pioneer, and looking at the specs and features between the Z1>Z2>Z3 really does not say that much to someone who is not that computer savy.

Z1, Z2, and Z3 are all identical except for the software. The same maps and firmware will work on any Z series.

Pioneer only releases new maps for the z series once per year. Z1 in 2006, Z2 in 2007, and Z3 in 2008.

The Z1 and Z2 map updates are the same as the Z3.

garrettoomey

Check this out... I placed my order to Garret 2mey (love that abbreviation) via paypal on yesterday August 6 and got the payment confirmation email at 4:45 PM. My hard drive was delivered today August 7 at 11:11AM. That's 19Hr from order to delivery and NO I DID NOT PAY FOR OVERNIGHT SHIPMENT! Talk about service :D

Needless to say that I can't wait to get home from work to install it...

Installing the drive was very easy. The longest part of it was going to Home Depot to get a really nice #0 screw driver to remove the 4 screws from the plate that holds the hard drive. Take Garett's warning "SERIOUSLY" about stripping the screws out. I had several cheapie #0 screwdrives..... none of them would remove the screws. I almost stripped out the first one. Spend the $5-$6 on a nice one, and it will save you a world of trouble ! The screws didn't even seem tight once I got the good screwdriver. Garett was VERY HELPFUL to me.... I removed my old Flasher Bypass at the same time as I did the 2-wire bypass. Doing the 2-wire Bypass was easy also. However, I screwed up my wiring when I took off the Ducatiboy flasher bypass. Garett didn't have to, but he was very helpful getting my self inflicted errors corrected! I will definatley buy from him at the next update!!! No doubt about it!!

I also got a Z3 HDD from Garret and I'm more then happy with it. He also follows up on it after you get it, I'm new to all this and I sent him an E-Mail as I could not make my Screen darker, it was the nut behind the weel all my falt but Garret was real nice about it, Thanks one more time Garret. :D

The Z3 drive arrived in todays mail (Monday) after ordering on Friday. Great turn around time on the shipping and very professional packaging as well. The screwdriver is a definite keeper in the toolbox. Mark another one up for a stripped screw and dremel-tool quick fix. I know where to get replacement screws, how about a new replacement panel that the harddrive screws too :D? Scratched it up with the dremel, though eventually replacing it would be nice for warranty work if need be. The 2-wire bypass and flash removal was easy enough. The iphone with the latest software is working great as long as you don't put it in airplane mode.

awesome service G-units HDD was here in

No time, The directions were very good

Especially the part about the screws

I didn't strip any and soon as I booted

It up I found my house (wasn't on the

Old Z1)

Very fast on the PM's also, I think he sleeps

In front of the PC.

Get your HDD upgrade while you

Can. A+ service. Two wire bypass

Next .

Got my HDD upgrade today and installing it was a breeze. Definitely worth the price. The map upgrade from Pioneer cost $120 (down from $200). Only thing missing is a tiny sticker to change the Z1 label to Z3.

I found a #0 phillips in a screw driver set from Radio Shack that fits perfectly and removes the screws without stripping. Even worked on screws that were starting to strip.