AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my really quick..less than 2 days....too bad no one was home to sign so I am picking it up at the post office tomorrow.

He was a pleasure to deal with and responds right away to emails.

Quick question though:

I have the Z1 and I use the "flashing headlights" to bypass the system so I can watch DVDs while driving.

Once I upgrade this to the new Z3 HDD can I do the same thing.

I have the Z1 installed on a Lexus GS 400 and it's a pain in the butt to get the unit out to get to the harness so I wanted to just use the flashing light method to bypass rather than physically doing the 2 wire bypass.

Thanks in advance....

Quick question though:

I have the Z1 and I use the "flashing headlights" to bypass the system so I can watch DVDs while driving.

Once I upgrade this to the new Z3 HDD can I do the same thing...

Well...the quick answer is NO :( . The good news is there exists a functional bypass method but it WILL REQUIRE removal of the unit so that you can access the correct grounding points. Get ready to do some work. I have a Z1 and I did the HDD upgrade so I know what you're up against. Good luck. :):)

Just finished installing the drive and it works great. Now I can find my address (I live in a new development in SoCal)

Definitely take caution when removing the HDD screws with the #1 Philips head.

I could not get 2 out so I had to use a dremel. It was an easy thing to do but just need to be careful.

Thanks Garret .......

Just finished installing the drive and it works great. Now I can find my address (I live in a new development in SoCal)

Definitely take caution when removing the HDD screws with the #1 Philips head.

I could not get 2 out so I had to use a dremel. It was an easy thing to do but just need to be careful.

Thanks Garret .......

I had trouble with one of the screws in my tray too and found a pair of needle nose vice grips worked really well. There was just enough screw head sticking up that they could get a grip on it and remove it.

And I also highly recommend Garret and the drives he provides.

btw .... he was great to chat with via email.. very fast to respond and to get the conformation of shipping was next day (also fast).

I hear that I email him today with questions, I paid him today via Paypal and he shipped today. Wow thanks Garrett I will let you know how it all turns out. Daryll