AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a new Z3 drive from Garrett at 7:30am Tuesday morning. Garrett replied 21 minutes later telling me the drive was in the mail. I received it on Friday (Thanksgiving delayed delivery a day) and installed it Saturday morning. It works great! The only issue I had was with those pesky little screws. I ended up using a method I read about here: a rotary tool with a blade to cut a straight slot for a larger screwdriver. I had to do that for three of the four screws, but it worked great and installed without a hitch.

Thanks, Garrett. You're a good man! A great value for the money!

Jim Johnson

Garret,

The new Hard Drive went in smoothly, (thanks to the convenient tool you included), and is working great. I appreciate the quick shipment and complete instructions on how to replace. The whole process took less than 15 mins, including the reboot sequence.

I already enjoy 60-70% improvement in boot up time and it even kept my AV Audio & System settings as well as my bands of preprogrammed XM stations. That was a surprise.

I still have to reload my CDs and Phone Book (which I found to be quite convenient to do straight from my MacBook Address Book) but this is OK since I only had a handful I wanted to keep anyway.

It was quick and easy transaction and well worth the money. Appreciate your follow ups and confirmations.

Joe

Talk about service!...

Sent Garret some questions on Tuesday, answers recieved a few minutes later!

Ordered the drive (60Gb Z3 upgrade and screws) late Tuesday evening (std USPS shipping), received acknowledgement within the hour with promise to ship the next day.

Early Wednesday morning received e-mail with installation instructions and shipping confirmation.

Drive arived today (Friday), took less than 15 minutes to install (I had a good #0 screwdriver so those came out very easily -- didn't need to ones I purchased) and I'm back up and running (now I gotta reinstall my ripped tunes -- but knew that up front).

All in all a super experience. Thanks Garret! :D

Christopher,

No one has reported any heat/cold/shock issues with the MK6034GAX that we are all using.

Are there no issues with the 60 GB MK6034GAX and cold weather?

It's Min Operating Temperature is rated at 41 °F, while the original 30 GB MK3029GACE has a min operating temperature of 3 °F.

As temperatues here in the north often fall to 0 °F this issue is the only thing holding me back from bying a 60 GB replacement.