x950bh AppRadio not working

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

taken from Pioneer facebook page:

To our customers awaiting the iPhone 5 related firmware for our 2013 In-dash DVD receiver and Navigation products:

We sincerely apologize for the delay. As you all are aware, the iPhone 5 has a native screen resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels. Pioneer AppRadio and AppRadio Mode products have a native screen resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. Therefore, each app must correctly resize when displayed on the Pioneer in-dash unit. 

Unfortunately, the current version of one of the most commonly used AppRadio compatible apps is not resizing correctly. This app developer has already made the necessary changes and submitted a new version of their app to the iTunes App Store. We have tested this new version and have confirmed that it is resizing correctly. To ensure the best user experience, Pioneer has made the decision to delay the release of the iPhone 5 related firmware until the new version of this app is available in the iTunes App Store. 

We anticipate and hope for this to be a short delay. Please check back for status updates. Thank you!

There was one guy listed on the comments response to the above Pioneer disclaimer about the firmware release on Facebook that tried it and he said it worked fine although I personally would not risk bricking the unit or screwing up something else since it wasn't really intended for my unit but that's just me. :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/PioneerNorthAmerica

Brave (possible idiot move) one here, already installed it and it works! AppRadio launches and all the apps i launched worked except : carbrowser, iHeartAuto, and Waze. Any of those three could be enough to cause Pioneer to be shy on release since the last two are heavy hitters and the first one is Opera rebadged. That being said, audio now streams properly over the lightning connector, and Pandora and aHa launch from the headunit in standard mode (why didnt they stick these under appradio too?). Video streams to the screen along with the audio. I was even able to play a few iPhone 5 games in widescreen on the unit. Everything else launches as a tiny app in the center of the screen. It does not show that it was upgraded to 1.03 like the instructions say though, probably because it is a EU firmware on a US device. Hoping, praying, that the US firmware will go one step further or overwrite the firmware I just put on it. That being said, even if this is ALL i got, it would be quite functional in its current state. Mixtrax, aha, pandora, and iPhone audio/video streaming are worth it alone. I havent tried Netflix yet as the facebook commenter did, but I figure that it works as well as other video streams in quite nicely.

Brave (possible idiot move) one here, already installed it and it works! AppRadio launches and all the apps i launched worked except : carbrowser, iHeartAuto, and Waze. Any of those three could be enough to cause Pioneer to be shy on release since the last two are heavy hitters and the first one is Opera rebadged. That being said, audio now streams properly over the lightning connector, and Pandora and aHa launch from the headunit in standard mode (why didnt they stick these under appradio too?). Video streams to the screen along with the audio. I was even able to play a few iPhone 5 games in widescreen on the unit. Everything else launches as a tiny app in the center of the screen. It does not show that it was upgraded to 1.03 like the instructions say though, probably because it is a EU firmware on a US device. Hoping, praying, that the US firmware will go one step further or overwrite the firmware I just put on it. That being said, even if this is ALL i got, it would be quite functional in its current state. Mixtrax, aha, pandora, and iPhone audio/video streaming are worth it alone. I havent tried Netflix yet as the facebook commenter did, but I figure that it works as well as other video streams in quite nicely.

Just out of curiosity, when you hit MODE to delect audio sources do you now get an iPod source?

If you are getting an active AppRadio button on the home screen of the X950, but the screen goes blank after you press it:

1. Check your HDMI connection

2. Quit and restart your AppRadio app on your iPhone (quit all your AppRadio related apps to be extra sure)

3. Be sure there isnt the annoying "allow application" button showing on your iPhone after you have initiated AppRadio on the x950.