AVIC411.com

x950bh AppRadio not working

Also just saw where INRIX has fully dropped AppRadio support on their site.

I bitched at Pioneer on the phone for that one.  It's still listed that v.4.5.1 is supported but it was removed from the AR app so it no longer displays on the head unit.  If that's the case I said they should remove it from there AppRadio list on www.pioneerelectronics.com.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37319-inrix-451-dropped-from-ar/

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Preroll I dont know why its so hard for you to understand that if you have a version (4.51) that has support built in it will still work on the unit. The fact that they removed it from the list of apps through the App Radio app simply means that the current version is no longer compatible.

What I've been saying all along.  Neither v.4.5.1 or v.5.x.x is a supported app and Pioneer (over the phone) agreed that no version is supported anymore and said they needed to have it removed from their website altogether.  Why it hasn't been removed is beyond me.  I never did try it with AppEx.  I've been using Google Maps for traffic now via AppEx.

One thing to try is the last version of App Radio app with the supported version of Inrix. The only reason the supported version of Inrix no longer appears in the App Mode menu is because Pioneer removed support for it in the current version of AR app.

Thought of that and tried it already - NG.  I have AppRadio v.2.3.0 and v.2.4.0.  Neither worked.  I wonder if the app phones home to Pioneer to get updates for a list of supported apps.  I can't see why not.

My INRIX 4.5.1 was working before I upgraded to iOS7 and the app was upgraded to 5.0 in the process. Knowing this would happen, I copied 4.5.1 out to my desktop, I have yet to restore it back to the phone to see if it still works or if Pioneer has sent some sort of kill command to the AppRadio App to prevent it from showing.

I dont think that is the case, since apps can be launched without AppRadio even being installed, and iOS prevents interactions between apps (one app cant modify another one per Apple rules) so if 4.5.1 worked before, it should STILL work... unless INRIX themselves sent a kill command to their own app.

Simple. Have your AVIC in AR mode already, and just manually launch the Inrix app from your iphone, it will detect the HDMI connection and switch to full screen out mode.

App Radio app is just a dashboard/launcher, it is not required to get your apps to show on the AVIC nor does it set any screen modes for the apps to follow.

It is up to each app maker to include a HDMI/Video out mode of their app in order to be AR resolution compatible. Thats why other apps such as youtube, can work with AR screens (granted they dont support the specific resolution of our screen), its because they have full HDMI/Video out support per Apples TV OUT spec. The AR spec is just a different resolution from the Apple TV OUT spec, thus the sizing difference in AR approved apps vs non AR approved.

So if I launch INRIX (for example), how can I see it?  Do I need to un-install AppRadio first?  If the AVIC is in AR, it launches the AR app.  How do I get around that?  I'm having trouble understanding this because I've had INRIX running on the phone but it will no longer come up on the screen unless it's through AppEx.

Simple. Have your AVIC in AR mode already, and just manually launch the Inrix app from your iphone, it will detect the HDMI connection and switch to full screen out mode.

App Radio app is just a dashboard/launcher, it is not required to get your apps to show on the AVIC nor does it set any screen modes for the apps to follow.

It is up to each app maker to include a HDMI/Video out mode of their app in order to be AR resolution compatible. Thats why other apps such as youtube, can work with AR screens (granted they dont support the specific resolution of our screen), its because they have full HDMI/Video out support per Apples TV OUT spec. The AR spec is just a different resolution from the Apple TV OUT spec, thus the sizing difference in AR approved apps vs non AR approved.

Are you still getting touch screen support with this method?