AVIC411.com

x950bh AppRadio not working

Waze always seemed to work for me but iHeart Radio doesn't show me the login on the head unit and then doesn't size properly (I'm about to delete it - waste of time).  Best Parking doesn't load on the head unit and Motion X does load on the head unit either.  With AppEx, I'm able to run Google Maps which is great but unfortunately there's an issue with inputting text on the left side of the screen as well as the bottom.  This is an AppEx issue in relation to the AVIC units I believe.  I have the exact same problems inputting text when using Safari.  Anyway, INRIX, CommuteWX, Car Media Player, and sometimes Waze are the main apps I use primarily anyway and they all work (for the most part).  Hopefully there will be some more future updates and bug fixes.  I was surprised to see Car Browser finally work but I was dissapointed in the fact that it won't support playing any media.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you using iHeart Radio or iHeartAuto? The later one loads to the x50 screen with screen input capability, but on mine has a problem where I cant tap the accept button since it is off screen. Best Parking works on mine, and I dont use Motion X. I really wish Navigon would provide Pioneer AppRadio support :/

iHeart Auto (which launches iHeart Radio on the phone).  I can't see the "Sign Up / LogIn / Maybe Later" screen either and then when I click it on the phone, the screen doesn't resize properly on the head unit so it's a waste of time for me.  Not sure how Best Parking launches on yours since we have the same head unit.  It launches on the phone but the head unit remains black (like Motion X).

I really wish Garmin would provide Pioneer AppRadio support but they're in bed with Kenwood so probably not.  I wish I could get a trial copy to see if how it would work with AppEx.  I don't want a cracked version or want to shell out $60 if it doesn't work.

I have tested a cracked version and besides the fact I couldn't get maps for it, all the controls worked very well on the unit using AppEx.

Thanks for the info.  I really want a backup to the built in Pioneer Nav which isn't all that much to be desired.  I like Google Maps and that works fairly well but entering text is just so troublesome with AppEx and the offset issue with the AVIC series.  I guess I would do through the same issues with Garmin via AppEx as well.  Anyway, good to know.

"

iHeart Auto (which launches iHeart Radio on the phone).  I can't see the "Sign Up / LogIn / Maybe Later" screen either and then when I click it on the phone, the screen doesn't resize properly on the head unit so it's a waste of time for me.  Not sure how Best Parking launches on yours since we have the same head unit.  It launches on the phone but the head unit remains black (like Motion X).

I really wish Garmin would provide Pioneer AppRadio support but they're in bed with Kenwood so probably not.  I wish I could get a trial copy to see if how it would work with AppEx.  I don't want a cracked version or want to shell out $60 if it doesn't work.

What is the version of your iHeartAuto app? Mine is 1.2.0 . My version of Best Parking is 1.8.77 and I have not purchased the premium featured version ( I have used this app maybe 3x's since I got my head unit). I double checked yesterday, and it does load on my x50 screen just fine, airport is selectable and it pulls up suggestions pretty quickly.

I have (had) all the same versions on my X950.  iHeart wouldn't size properly and Best Parking only loads on the phone and the radio screen remains black.  I originally tried these apps BEFORE jailbreaking and they didn't work then.  After doing the JB, they still didn't.  As a footnote, you have to JB in order to use AppEx.  Main reason for doing that was to get rid of that AppRadio allow prompt each time on the phone.  My iPhone 5 is at v.6.1.0 I believe.  Unless you have a different iOS version loaded, everything else sounds the same so I can't figure it out.

I am aware of AppEx ;) I have jailbroken and loaded it several times in the past, I just cant have it on my primary phone for security reasons at work. I am running iOS 6.1.4, there have been a few modifications to the iOS from 6.1.0 to 6.1.4 but none that I know of that would allow Best Parking to work on mine and not yours. If you use Exchange mail, I recommend you at least upgrade to 6.1.2 or better just for the battery life enhancements. 6.1.4 fixed a speakerphone quality which I found to be a big deal (since I used speakerphone constantly). Then again, anything beyond 6.1.2 has multiple fixes to stop jailbreaking... has 6.1.4 been broken yet?

I am aware of AppEx ;) I have jailbroken and loaded it several times in the past, I just cant have it on my primary phone for security reasons at work. I am running iOS 6.1.4, there have been a few modifications to the iOS from 6.1.0 to 6.1.4 but none that I know of that would allow Best Parking to work on mine and not yours. If you use Exchange mail, I recommend you at least upgrade to 6.1.2 or better just for the battery life enhancements. 6.1.4 fixed a speakerphone quality which I found to be a big deal (since I used speakerphone constantly). Then again, anything beyond 6.1.2 has multiple fixes to stop jailbreaking... has 6.1.4 been broken yet?

According to this website it has but who knows how accurate it is.  I haven't tried it and I'm going to remain at v.6.1.0 for a bit longer anyway.

http://iphone5newsblog.com/2013/08/22/apple-ios-6-1-3-or-6-1-4-jailbreakunlock-for-iphone-54s43gs-itools-press-release/

• 3 weeks later...

So I spent an hour on the phone with Pioneer today and had them check the following apps that don't work for me on the AVIC-X950BH.

Best Parking - only get a black screen

Sygic USA - only get a black screen

Do any of these apps work for anyone here that is using either a Z150 or X950?  I obviously have the one and only Pioneer firmware update (from last April) on the head unit and the latest "supported" app on the iPhone but they did say to make sure I have the latest iOS version loaded which of course I don't and can't becuase I'll lose the jailbreak and will no longer be able to get AppEx installed.  I can't find a jailbreak yet for v.6.1.4.  Anyway, just need to confirm that someone else can run these apps and if you can run them, can you please tell me what iOS version you have running?  I'm using an iPhone 5.  Pioneer said they tested these apps for me on an iPhone 4, 4S, and 5 with an AVIC-X950BH and an AVIC-Z150 and they all worked.

Thanks.

I doubt your issue is iOS version related. Pioneer will always tell you that simply because they don't have an answer. And reported issues with app mode with the AVIC and AVH units is wide spread on this forum so I don't think you are the only one having the problem. The bottom line here is: Pioneer simply cant troubleshoot software issues affectively.

I doubt it too but it did make me wonder 'cause epsilonkore did say Best Parking worked for him and he's also using an iPhone 5 with an X950BH but I still have my doubts.  My iPhone is at v.6.1.0.  His is at v.6.1.4.  I'd love to bring mine up to v.6.1.2 but not sure how to do that w/o jumping to v.6.1.4.  I'm not too iOS savvy to figure out how to update the OS w/o doing it OTA.  I would try to go to v.6.1.2 and then re-jb but still I wonder if that would fix it.  Anyway, I was hoping to get feedback perhaps from someone else who has the AVIC to see if it did work for them and check what version of iOS they have installed.

As for Pioneer: It took 30 minutes to get someone on the phone and then it took them another 30 minutes to see if two apps ran on two head units with three different model iPhones.  :x

Sorry you have your doubts about it working on my unit with my phone. Had friends over last night working on other AppRadio issues, and a buddy of mine loaded appradio and best parking (fresh installs, he had never used them before) and Best Parking launched perfectly on the screen, just as mine does. No blank screens.

Sorry you have your doubts about it working on my unit with my phone. Had friends over last night working on other AppRadio issues, and a buddy of mine loaded appradio and best parking (fresh installs, he had never used them before) and Best Parking launched perfectly on the screen, just as mine does. No blank screens.

I meant I had my doubts about Pioneer's findings (referring back to VBLUE42's comment).  I know it works on your unit and not mine so the only thing that's different between us is that you are using iOS 6.1.4 and I am at 6.1.0.  I just need to figure out how to get it to 6.1.2 via the computer and not over the air since that will bring me to 6.1.4 which is not jail breakable at the moment.  Unless I have a lemon for an X950BH, then the iOS should be the only difference and could point out why I'm not seeing these apps work on my head unit.