AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

You know, I've been working on this bypass for a couple days. I'm quite seasoned in electronics and installs, and have checked all connections three times over. Everything is done as discussed here, but I STILL get that damn park brake message and I can't watch movies in motion. I belive my Avic is a Feb. 2008 model...did they beat the hack in the newer models, or what??

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope. There is no change, they didn't change anything and you don't have a special unit or anything. If you do all 3 steps properly, it WILL work. Make sure that you didn't mess up the pin on the mute wire while removing and re-inserting it from the harness, and that it's seated in the harness firmly and in the proper pin position. And make sure your grounds are good and solid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok quick question on the bypass thats been beat to death, the harness that has the mute wire is not installed in my car to the back of the unit, if i ground the park break wire or simpley attach it to the other side of the park break would it still work, i have an 02 elantra. also who know who to set the time zone.

I succesfully hacked my d3 thanks to this forum . However , grounding the mute switch causes my Onstar when initiated to shut my system off. I have the gmos box hooked up and my radio mute cable comes from that and is grounded. Has anyone fixed this? or is this an incorrect way of doing the hack?

Looks like your mute wire is being used by your gmos to mute the D3. You probably need to move the mute wire back to orig. position like it was.

Then move a different (unconnected) wire to the bypass hole. Most setups don't use the mute wire and that is the easiest one to use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...