AVIC411.com

CarPlay !!! (Reviews, ...)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, this was awesome news when I heard it. So...updating the firmware does not diminish functionality on our NEX units? Meaning true HDMI mirroring (Netflix,youtube) through the HDMI/Lightning adapter and software bypass still working? Because for me CarPlay does not top this two functions of my unit. 

Thanks!!! 

Ok, I have upgraded the firmware to ios8.1 on my iphone as well as the firmware to 1.8 on the NEX4000, but still having significant blue tooth issues.  Calls come in, but when you click answer, it just locks up and you end up pulling the phone out and trying to answer manually which becomes quite dangerous.  Sometimes the phone does not connect.    And on Carplay, I cannot seem to turn down the siri voice when using maps.  She is so loud even when I configure maps to be on low voice.  Resetting everything seems to help temporarily but not permanenetly.  How are others doing with the firmware upgrades?

I'm in a road trip, just getting caught up. I applied the update but didn't notice anything new or changed.

2014 CR-V and iDataLink Maestro RR and Pioneer AVIC-5000NEX.

I was hoping it would fix the clock settings, where I can go to i-Mid and select the time settings but up/down doesn't change the H/M values. 😢

The only thing new that I can see is that 1.08 fixed the audio popping that some of us were experiencing when shutting down. Other than that, I don't see anything new either.

1.08 also fixed the keyboard issue from 1.06! That was my biggest complaint, that the keyboard had become very unresponsive. I'm actually very grateful that Pioneer resolved this quickly.

1.08 also fixed the keyboard issue from 1.06! That was my biggest complaint, that the keyboard had become very unresponsive. I'm actually very grateful that Pioneer resolved this quickly.

Hmmm...you know, I actually didn't notice, since it's been very responsive. Never would have noticed. :D

Does anyone else have an issue with HEY SIRI commands? I say hey siri it launches but then is flat lined..i speak but it does not work. It does tend to work when stopped though?

Many of us have had similar issues with Hey Siri when connected via CarPlay.  Hey Siri will work better when connected via BlueTooth but the combination of CarPlay and Hey Siri does not seem to be working well right now.  Furthermore, manually activating Siri when connected via CarPlay also seems to work more times than not.

Not sure where this should go, so move if you feel it's necessary.

Simply put, practically unusable for me on 6000NEX, iPhone 6 on IOS 8.1. I'm going to update to 1.08 as soon as I get a spare 20 minutes (my days are indeed that packed this month, working 8-11 plus an hour commute each way. Briefly, here's a recording of my situation almost every time, recorded on my drive home - I pulled over (again) and recorded me trying to play either a podcast or spotify for 12 mins before I got it working.

Admittedly I'm on the .06 update. If you see me doing something wrong or outrageous here call me on it so I know what to avoid (although "start everything on the phone" isn't the answer I am really seeking for my glorious hands-free unit...) 

Apologize for shaky cam, this was an unplanned recording.

Does 1.08 help with any of this?

Twist0105, I'm having the exact same problems even after the 1.08 upgrade. Additionally, the Siri commands are spotty at best and more often than not, Siri simply "flatlines" as John94si pointed out. I was excited about trying out Carplay when the firmware first launched, but I've defintely concluded that....at least Pioneer's....implemention of Carplay is not ready for primetime. It feels more like a very rough beta at this point and not a very polished piece of work.

The only other OEM with Carplay right now is Ferrari, but I haven't heard or read any feedback about whether or not it has the same problems. It'll be interesting to see whether this turns out to be an Apple issue or a Pioneer issue.