AVIC411.com

AppRadio 4 with CarPlay just announced - finally...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can check the AV adapter by changing the source to HDMI - It should then mirror your screen, although you'll obviously get no touch.

Sometimes you need to force quit the app and relaunch. I find if I launch with Waze rather than the official app, it always works.

Then I definately have a problem as I now get the mirrored screen with no touch. I've tried connecting with the app booted and without and the results still the same.

As said earlier, I think appradio has a limited life so I'll stick with it as CarPlay works great and hopefully there'll be be compatible nav apps soon.

Grant.

As said earlier, I think appradio has a limited life so I'll stick with it as CarPlay works great and hopefully there'll be be compatible nav apps soon.

Grant.

I guess you can use Apple's Map application to do turn by turn directions.

But I you said, it is likely more Car Play enabled applications are on the way...

Not sure if this helps but in order to use Appradio, dont you also need to install the Appradio app on your phone aswell?

Technically no. All Appradio apps run appradio mode independent from each other. So for example if the only appradio app you had any interest in was Waze, you could download waze and nothing else, and every time you open the Waze app it will display in appradio mode on the display, while nothing else will unless you are mirroring the display. 

Now if you want to go in with Appradio, the Appradio app is your center hub that the phone will go back to when you press the home button on the head unit. 

Personally I find Carplay to be what Appradio wishes it could have been. 

Thanks fruitbat! I had a couple more questions hoping someone could help out with.

When powered up can the radio automatically pick up Bluetooth to stream audio or do you always have to select it?

Anyone utilizing steering controls? Does it only work with a specific control unit or can you retrofit with exiting original manufacturer steering wheel controls?

Thanks again for the time. Finally getting ready to pull the trigger on buying an AR since the 1st on was announced.

Hey Mate,

Yes, the unit will automatically play bluetooth audio at the last song position before you turned the car off.  No need to press anything, it will connect and auto-play.

Regarding steering wheel controls, i am using Axxess ASWC-1.  Im pretty sure you can use any but i read that Axxess was one of the easiest to install/program so thats why im using it.