AVIC411.com

Audio "Popping" on Shut-off

Anyone else having this problem? Whenever I shut the car off while playing music through CarPlay, there is a loud POP of static that comes through the speakers.

This never happened before the update, and at least one other person posted the same issue on the Pioneer Facebook page. Have to keep remembering to stop the music or turn the volume down before shutting the car off.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is nothing new that is an issue these units are having and I thought mine went away today with the firmware update when actually it didn't. They suppose to have a firmware update in the near future just for this issue. Contact pioneer and let them know it is happening to you now. I called a month ago.

SO glad others are experiencing this as well.  My AVH4000NEX did not exhibit this at all prior to the update.  Now whenever I power the car off or detach the faceplate, I get a loud POP, which is AWFUL for the speakers, mind you.  For the sake of troubleshooting, my speakers are run off an external power amp & RCA outs, not the internal power amp.  Unfortunately, Pioneer will probably have to release an update to fix this.

Well they need to know about the issue that is going on . I will make the call again since yall scared to do it

Eric, you need to calm down a little bit. I understand from your many posts about this issue that you are extremely concerned about it, but coming on here and being snide and rude to people really doesn't make anyone want to jump on board and help you.

Well if you spent 1500 on a unit and you had to change two units out in your car already for this issue you would seem rude about the issue. This site is for us to help each other out and all I see is selfish posts when I am letting yall know to call pioneer about the issue. The more they know about the issue the sooner we get an update. I have been on the phone and hold with pioneer enough to hear them tell me this is the first they hear of any issue like this. I have a video I have tried to send them and they tell me they can't get that from me. I am always calm brother maybe you should help with the issue by calling.