AVIC411.com

WARNING DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU USE USB STORAGE!

I have this same problem and it's a huge problem for me.

I have my rear DVD players (in the head rests for the kids) and I use USB1 to play movies for them and now when I turn off the car, it doesn't even remember the same movie!  It goes back to the first movie on the USB drive and starts at the beginning.

Incredibly annoying...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My unit finally (after more than 12 hours of road time playing music!) started resuming where it was on its own.

There was and is no visible indication of a difference or what it was doing all that time.

And no, that's not acceptable as I dread any attempt to update the content on that drive as it may do the same thing again!  I suspect if I hadn't gone on a literal road trip with several hours of uninterrupted play it would have NEVER finished whatever it was doing.

I suspect if I hadn't gone on a literal road trip with several hours of uninterrupted play it would have NEVER finished whatever it was doing.

It's called indexing your media..  It's building a database.  You think a slow computer can instantly sort through thousands of media files?  No, please be realistic...  All the device needed to do was build it's index because they likely changed the index layout in this new version.

I have about 40 videos on a USB memory stick and I have the same problem.  I don't have thousands or anywhere even to that.

Also, I believe you are incorrect about how the unit creates the index.  I think when you first insert the USB device (or SD card), it says "Reading... 0%" and it could take a very long time.  It is at that point I believe it's creating an index.  (that's how you can browse by artist name, etc, because of the index created BEFORE you can play anything)

Correct -- the unit said "Format Read 100%" for a literal dozen hours straight of playing time on the top level music page (which is new; it previously would not start playing until it was done) yet would not resume.

So yeah, it was doing some sort of indexing, but (1) on f/w 1.02 it used to finish indexing on the same disk of the same size in ~20 minutes or so from a "new" format and startup, and from then on was fast (~20 seconds from a cold start), having recognized that it had the same drive connected and (2) now, in 1.06, it requires hours, like more than 10 of them, to do the same thing and gives no status on where it is during that time, having claimed for nearly all of it to have finished since it is showing 100% complete.

While my SSD is large it's not that large -- 70Gb in use, most of it being FLAC files (which are huge compared to MP3s)

Hmmm, I might try an experiment.

I'm going to try to change the files on my USB stick to force the unit to update it's index and see if it plays better.

I also got a response from Pioneer saying they couldn't replicate the issue and that USB play/resume was working fine for them.

Hmmm, I might try an experiment.

I'm going to try to change the files on my USB stick to force the unit to update it's index and see if it plays better.

I also got a response from Pioneer saying they couldn't replicate the issue and that USB play/resume was working fine for them.

Good ol' Pioneer.

I called about the issue and they said they will let the engineer know about the situation.

This is / was and am have, made me really p[issed off, I called the first morning after spending a workshift trying to listen to an audio book, with no audio resume...

They say "we have our engineers " on it, I really really hope they work this out....

my 4000 doesn't have the audio resume issue, just the 1500 dollar nex, and I too asked for my money back, they pretty much broke USB storage...

I tried modifying my previously working USB stick and it still doesn't work.  (i.e. I added new files to the USB stick hoping that the unit would re-index it and possibly fix the resume functionality, but it still doesn't work)

Pioneer is still telling me it works on their end.