Jump to content
AVIC411.com
crankz

AVIC-MRZ99 Custom Firmware / Testmode

Recommended Posts

On 3/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, EnoKt said:

I have a problem with PIONEER carrozzeria MRZ09 whereby the start screen flashes on as usual and then turns black depicting in Japanese text which google translate says "failed to start  program" and number 6 appears at the bottom right corner of the black screen. the screen remains frozen . Also is there a way to get this model reset to factory specification or configuration?.Any help with this particular model will be appreciated.

How I solved my problem finally with AVIC CARROZZERIA MRZ09.

I remembered to have saved two backups for USER folder in my laptop. 1) Version before using DZOs auto Japanese-English  setup which worked flawlessly in my AVIC MRZ09. 2) Version after successful conversion to English following DZOs programme.

1) I entered in TestMode using buttons and navigated up to USER DIR, then selected all files therein and hit delete. It took time but got it done.

2) Copied the English version of backup folder into the flash disc and transferred the contents in the USER folder of the AVIC MRZ09.. It took quite a bit of time to paste. Finally it got done.

3) Removed flash disc and switched off ACC. Waited for the unit internal fan to stop completely and switched back to ACC.

4) The unit got back alive without black screen and works fine. 

I hope this solution may help someone with similar problem like mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @dzo,

To begin thanks a lot, you're helping quite a lot of people out there.

I was able to change language from JP to Eng, and I'm happy with the files you provided.

I know it's a quite old thread, but I was wondering about getting custom background images for my avic-mrz02.

I followed the instructions and everything was ok apart from the "./extractbmp" which throws an error : "Segmentation fault: 11".

[I'm on mac high sierra]

Thanks for your precious help.

Sikooz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sikooz said:

Hi @dzo,

To begin thanks a lot, you're helping quite a lot of people out there.

I was able to change language from JP to Eng, and I'm happy with the files you provided.

I know it's a quite old thread, but I was wondering about getting custom background images for my avic-mrz02.

I followed the instructions and everything was ok apart from the "./extractbmp" which throws an error : "Segmentation fault: 11".

[I'm on mac high sierra]

Thanks for your precious help.

Sikooz

Hi,

Yes, the images are a bit tricky to work with. This is what I do on a Linux box:

copy Image.img to current dir

mkdir bmp

mkdir bmp1

extractbmp

edit the bitmaps in "updated". They must be 16 bit windows 3.x format, gimp can save this format but not many other image editors can.

run the script in "updated" (it needs gzip)

extractbmp encode

This should produce Image1.img, rename it and copy it to the unit.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 5:47 PM, mrmwash said:

Hi,I have this error on AVIC-MRZ0247ZM (C9P5 V6 650) after mistakenly running mrz99 auto converter. I had not taken a backup,can some one assist me get back to the normal screen setup?

IMG_20190219_140459.jpg

Can anyone share image.img of C9P5 or USER folder? Tried image.img of C9P6 but radio is flashing on boot after mazda logo. @DZO , please assist....can USER from C9P6 run on C9P5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @dzo,

Your contribution is appreciated always. I jump boosted a battery to start my car  The AVIC MRZ09 shows the characters in Japanese shown below, translated  ''there is no program'' with number 7 at the bottom right of screen. The USER/DIŔ shows no content  Any help to revive this unit? I have original USER content backup and the English one from your previous posts. . I tried copying and  pasting the backups to the USER folder but nothing happens or shows up.  The Unit copies and pastes to any other media like FLASH DISC OR SD but does not paste in USER folder.. Any help  to revive it.? 

20190418_145120.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 12:08 PM, SHAWNSTER said:

Thanks. I got it fix by deleting all user data and clearing the ram. I was an option in the test mode.

 

How can I change the background?? If possible  

Hi Shawnster

Sorry, it is rather old  page... but

How did you clean the RAM in your unit? How did you get back user data?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, mrmwash said:

am also trying to convert C9P6 radio to english , attached is language file, and other files...file structure is similar to the converted ones on this thread...but it seems even if deleted radio still in Japanese

PF090JPJPN.LNG

LANGDATA.zip

Image.img

Here's the NA090JPMZD.LNG translated, this should be the correct one for a Mazda. If not, try replacing the others.

NA090JPMZD.LNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dzo said:

Here's the NA090JPMZD.LNG translated, this should be the correct one for a Mazda. If not, try replacing the others.

NA090JPMZD.LNG

Thank you DZO, will try it out and give feedback.

It works! Thank you so much DZO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2019 at 7:01 AM, Shakawat said:

Hey Everyone!

Any idea how to use new iphones with Mrz-99 ? My iphone X doesn't work with the IPOD function. It only charges.

I think you need an audio lead there should be a 3.5 socket with the sub lead on the head unit. I needed this for my ipod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2019 at 7:01 AM, Shakawat said:

Hey Everyone!

Any idea how to use new iphones with Mrz-99 ? My iphone X doesn't work with the IPOD function. It only charges.

You need an audio lead there should be a 3.5 socket with the usb  lead from the head unit. I needed this for my iPod,  or Bluetooth then you will have hands free as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, krisstorn said:

does not start, writes : Not program. When viewed through the file manager in the directory "USER" no files !!

Hi Krisstorn

I have the same unit , MRZ09 having the  same problem. The USER directory is blank.

How did you solve your problem for this unit? 

Or else, Is there any one else who has solved this problem anyway anyhow?  I need everyone's help here and thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, I have AVIC-MRZ07, seems to have the files encoded in similar way. I tried downloading and compiling the C programs from GitHub and decoding/recoding my files, without luck. Im sharing my files attached, if someone can translate them or explain to me how to do it by myself. Compiling the C programs and running them with the LNG files I have gave weird characters and spaces when I exported to .TXT.

Attached are JPE/ENG files for PF090 and PF110 from PRG0 as they appear on the unit. Thanks for the great work and all the time dedicated to make peoples life easier.

PF090JPENG.LNG

PF090JPJPN.LNG

PF110JPENG.LNG

PF110JPJPN.LNG

 

P.S. I just realized how the installer works. Uploaded on SD, changed USB to SD in the auto exe file. Files copied successfully, tried both for mrz02 and mrz99. Only the background changed, and one text "Close the display" when the display is open. Rest is still in Japanese. Any ideas? Both 090 and 110 files changed, in PRG0 and PRG1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, svgenov said:

Hello everyone, I have AVIC-MRZ07, seems to have the files encoded in similar way. I tried downloading and compiling the C programs from GitHub and decoding/recoding my files, without luck. Im sharing my files attached, if someone can translate them or explain to me how to do it by myself. Compiling the C programs and running them with the LNG files I have gave weird characters and spaces when I exported to .TXT.

Attached are JPE/ENG files for PF090 and PF110 from PRG0 as they appear on the unit. Thanks for the great work and all the time dedicated to make peoples life easier.

PF090JPENG.LNG

PF090JPJPN.LNG

PF110JPENG.LNG

PF110JPJPN.LNG

 

P.S. I just realized how the installer works. Uploaded on SD, changed USB to SD in the auto exe file. Files copied successfully, tried both for mrz02 and mrz99. Only the background changed, and one text "Close the display" when the display is open. Rest is still in Japanese. Any ideas? Both 090 and 110 files changed, in PRG0 and PRG1

Looks like it's the same as mrz02 so use the .LNG file from that. Try overwriting all the .LNG files. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×