AVIC411.com

Updated Bypass Instructions for the Avic Z1, Z2, and Z3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm no matter what I do, I can't get the bypass to work. It is a Z2 with a manufacture date of June '07. I am grounding the light green wire coming out of the black power harness, and also the bottom right pin on connector 2. But still those elusive Address Search and POI Search Buttons remain greyed out.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I am trying to do this inside at my desk and none of the other wires are hooked up. Right now all i have hooked up are the power wires and those described in the bypass. I am grounding them by putting the other end of the wire into the grounding socket hole of a wall outlet.

Any suggestions at all guys? I would hate to rip apart my dash, get this installed only to find out I still can't bypass it.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

I am grounding them by putting the other end of the wire into the grounding socket hole of a wall outlet.

Oh sweet Jesus. :shock:

You are a brave soul, sir.

Information on this thread is fantastic though. I imagine a Z1 upgraded with a Z3 hard drive still acts the same with the 2-wire bypass?

I am grounding them by putting the other end of the wire into the grounding socket hole of a wall outlet.

Information on this thread is fantastic though. I imagine a Z1 upgraded with a Z3 hard drive still acts the same with the 2-wire bypass?

Brave or completely clueless. Most likely the latter. The Z1 (or Z2) upgraded to a Z3 does indeed still work with the 2-wire bypass.

CHeers!

Brave or completely clueless. Most likely the latter. The Z1 (or Z2) upgraded to a Z3 does indeed still work with the 2-wire bypass.

CHeers!

Great! Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
K. Download the file. Put it on your desktop. It should be called something like AvicBluetoothFix.ISO

Download a program called Active ISO Burner, its free. Install it.

You will now notice that the avic file on your desktop looks like a CD. Double click it. Hit 'Burn ISO'

Thats it

I have tried everything and I can not get dick to load in my Z1.Everytime it just sits there and says CD rom inserted. Does any one have any ideas.Build date is March 06.

K. Download the file. Put it on your desktop. It should be called something like AvicBluetoothFix.ISO

Download a program called Active ISO Burner, its free. Install it.

You will now notice that the avic file on your desktop looks like a CD. Double click it. Hit 'Burn ISO'

Thats it

I have tried everything and I can not get dick to load in my Z1.Everytime it just sits there and says CD rom inserted. Does any one have any ideas.Build date is March 06.

press map?

• 3 months later...