AVIC411.com

Z2 bypass ..... Anyone figured it out yet?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

z2 bypass seems to be the same. I did a z2 yesterday and it works the same as z1 but still gives parking brake message but does not lock out nav or dvd

Check the 3d calibration status. If the unit is new and hasn't been driven for more then 30-50 miles, then this could be a false sense of success. It will work for a while till the 3d calibration status turns to 3d hybrid. Then you will still get that message and it will lock you out when you start to move.

z2 bypass seems to be the same. I did a z2 yesterday and it works the same as z1 but still gives parking brake message but does not lock out nav or dvd

Check the 3d calibration status. If the unit is new and hasn't been driven for more then 30-50 miles, then this could be a false sense of success. It will work for a while till the 3d calibration status turns to 3d hybrid. Then you will still get that message and it will lock you out when you start to move.

DB, just a little off topic and if this question is annoying and has no relevanc eyou can ignore it, but how in the world do you know sooo much about the avic z's? Just from monkeying around with them? Or are/were you a tech in some audio install place? Pioneer even?

Well I just tried again the bypass is still not working above 15 mph. I checked that secret wire three times now it is inserted properly, but just to be sure I put the z1 back in and it worked so the wire is not the problem. I will keep trying.

I don't have a Z2 so I can't test this but one of the things I needed to look into was what the voltage was on the pins on the unit itself where the open holes were on connector 2.

I assume that connector 2 is the same from the Z1 to the Z2. Does it still have 4 open holes on the right side? Has anyone measured the voltage on the pins? Sticking the meter inside there to measure what the voltage is on those pins.

If they are all 0v then putting in what I call wire #2 http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass will not help. You will need to find a wire with 12V on it. You might not want to just indiscriminately grounding wires without measuring how much current would flow if you did, but it's a start.

DB, just a little off topic and if this question is annoying and has no relevanc eyou can ignore it, but how in the world do you know sooo much about the avic z's? Just from monkeying around with them? Or are/were you a tech in some audio install place? Pioneer even?

No not annoying, just didn't noticed it till now. I'm not an installer or pioneer tech. Technically I'm the head of software development for a medical device manufacturing company. We used to be contact engineers (we were recently bought out by a large, and famous, medical company), we would design and manufacture medical devices (implants, and external devices, etc).

I got a Z1 back in the beginning of last year and decided to design a circuit to bypass the Z1 (which it needed) and over the last year or so, helping people install and work with my circuit. Just because I have this strange compulsion to help people and being involved here to sell and support my circuit I started learning by doing and messing with them.

I really don't know as much as you think I do, but thanks! Some of my knowledge is regurgitated from some of the other high post count people here. All the high post regulars here know tons about the Z1, and we have all helped each other learn. It's just who happens to be active at the moment you ask the question as to who does the answering.