AVIC411.com

Z2 bypass ..... Anyone figured it out yet?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i tried the old bypass and grounded the bottom right pin and the parking brake wire. I am pretty sure it was right but i couldn't pull it back out to check. It didn't work.

Ok, when you said it didn't work.... did it not bypass the unit while standing still? When you started moving it locked you out?

When you check the connection status does the parking brake register as on all the time?

The truck hasn't been driven for more than 100miles so maybe it will work after that like ducati says. but from what i recall the last z1 worked right away after the bypass........

Generally the Z1 would be bypassed just by grounding the parking brake sense wire. And that's all you needed for the first 30 - 100 miles or so. Once the Z1 was calibrated, you needed more for the bypass.

So if the Z2 is anything like the Z1, just grounding the parking brake sense wire will bypass it while sitting still and while driving for the first few miles or so. Once the 3d sensors are calibrated, it will use those and lock you out.

If it's not working now, it won't magically start working in 50 miles or so. It only went the other way, started out working and then after a few miles it stopped working.

So that makes me think that either something is much more different with the Z2 than originally thought or your bypassing is not as "complete" as you thought.

when it comes on it gives the improper connection of parking brake popup.

It is unlocked until you go over 15mph. then locks out the the stuff. after you stop it comes back on.

I can call the customer to see if the connection status says its on if you want me to tomarrow.

It is unlocked until you go over 15mph. then locks out the the stuff. after you stop it comes back on.

I can call the customer to see if the connection status says its on if you want me to tomarrow.

To get rid of the improper connection pop up you need to press the recessed button to the right of the eject button on the bottom left of the unit. That will get rid of that message.

I have seen where the Z1 was bypassed correctly and since that pop up was coming up, the system was NOT bypassed. But when you reset the unit the pop up went away and the system started being bypassed. But this was only when the system was bypassed incorrectly at first (just grounding the parking brake sense wire) and then later they changed it but didn't reset the unit.

If resetting with that button doesn't work and driving around brings that message back then either the pin in connector 2 wasn't done correctly or they changed the bypass from the Z1 to the Z2.

I still don't think they would have, but if you get it back, pull out connector 2 and power up the Z2 and measure the voltage on that pin, if it's 12V then chances are that it's still the bypass just like the Z1 and you didn't insert the terminal fully or correctly into connector 2. I get emails at least 1/day about people who think the Z1 bypass doesn't work because they get exactly what you are seeing with this Z2 and it always turns out to be a problem with the insertion of the terminal into connector 2 (wire #2 on my site http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass).

I don't want to doubt your abilities but I would put my money on a problem with wire #2 than the bypass doesn't work on a Z2 or they changed it. I have been wrong before, but not knowing anything about the Z2 that's what I would guess right now.

I'll call him tomarrow and try to reset it.

I pulled out the yellow wire for the guide and put it into the new hole in the plug pin 2. So im hoping it is making contact. He was in a rush to leave today and didn't have time to check that pin or any others for polarity. there is also a chance that the pin could have came back out of the connector but I'm pretty sure that I checked it after I plugged it in.

hopefully I did do it wrong and it does work, because this is an easy bypass.

As far as pioneer changing the unit I think it is the same as a z1. the customer that I installed it for has a z1 in his other truck and when he picked it up he said it was basically the same.

lets keep our fingers crossed that it is right and the reset on the unit will work. Thankyou ducati for all your help.

I am very interested in this bypass myself, I have a Z1 but I will be switching to a Z2 when my local shop gets one in stock, however I was told this would be 3 more weeks. If you guys don't have it figured out by then, I will be happy to help.

This sounds interesting to me, since I really dont care about watching DVD's while driving (it would be cool for my passengers, but muh).

It sounds like if you do the parking break ground, it will let you use the full navigation features while stopped at say a stop light or sign. Which would be a big plus, to me.

I am very interested in this bypass myself, I have a Z1 but I will be switching to a Z2 when my local shop gets one in stock, however I was told this would be 3 more weeks. If you guys don't have it figured out by then, I will be happy to help.

I've seen this a few times now. Why are people "swapping" their Z1 for a Z2? Are you saying you're paying another $2K for the same box instead of waiting for the $250 update? I don't get it. Am I missing something here?

I've seen this a few times now. Why are people "swapping" their Z1 for a Z2? Are you saying you're paying another $2K for the same box instead of waiting for the $250 update? I don't get it. Am I missing something here?

My Z1 was defective so my dealer swapped it for the Z2. And from what I've seen so far I would not pay for an upgrade.