AVIC411.com

the 1st gen z2 were actually sold at a discounted price to warehouses they were not loaded with a bypass option. now that the units have gone back up to normal price all of of sudden we can bypass them....kinda funny huh

so here is my ? ....if you load pioneers software update into gen 1 z2 will it load bypass software

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the 1st gen z2 were actually sold at a discounted price to warehouses they were not loaded with a bypass option. now that the units have gone back up to normal price all of of sudden we can bypass them....kinda funny huh

so here is my ? ....if you load pioneers software update into gen 1 z2 will it load bypass software

This question has been asked multiple times.

Everyone speculates (well HOPES) this is the case.

Nobody can confirm it.

The update is listed as Z1 -> Z2, not Z2 -> Newer Z2. So once again people speculate (hope) that you can update the Z2 -> Newer Z2, but once again nobody can confirm it.

You have to be patient and keep -reading-

Not sure how accurate this info is but I just got a call from my shop owner saying that his Pioneer rep has a disk to insert into the Z2 to bypass it. He said his rep would be there in 2 weeks and he was going to call everyone he sold a Z2 to so they could come by and get it done on the day the rep is there in town. H also wasn't to confidant that he could make a copy of the disk and made it sound like only a few people have access to them. Has anyone else heard this info?

Thats the CNDV700HD software that Pioneer just shipped. If you stick it in an unbypassable (pre-june) Z2, it updates it to the lastest software (june or later.) That enables it to be bypassed with the two-wire Z1 method. Saw it done with my own eyes

Not sure how accurate this info is but I just got a call from my shop owner saying that his Pioneer rep has a disk to insert into the Z2 to bypass it. He said his rep would be there in 2 weeks and he was going to call everyone he sold a Z2 to so they could come by and get it done on the day the rep is there in town. H also wasn't to confidant that he could make a copy of the disk and made it sound like only a few people have access to them. Has anyone else heard this info?
Thats the CNDV700HD software that Pioneer just shipped. If you stick it in an unbypassable (pre-june) Z2, it updates it to the lastest software (june or later.) That enables it to be bypassed with the two-wire Z1 method. Saw it done with my own eyes

I have the June Z2 image with the 2 wires grounded. "Parking brake improperly connected" error comes up as soon as I start moving. I'm calling BS until I see a video of someone driving with their menus active and hardware in "3d Hybrid".

Pioneer's site says this disc is compatible with the Z-1 (presumably because the Z-2 has the more current map data.

I have a Z-1 working with the two-wire bypass. Do you have any insight if this upgrade disc will allow me to retain that bypass? Ojne would presume if it adds the two-wire bypass to rev 1 Z-2's, it would leave it intact for the Z-1...

Thanks

I ran the video input into the camera input, used a switch to ground (felt safer than +12v) the reverse input - (purple/white) and left the source on my A/V input. The audio comes through fine, but the video gets interrupted. The reverse input keeps the same audio playing, but switches to the reverse camera input when triggered. I just have to deal with the 'Image may be reversed' script warning on the bottom of the screen. I also have a backup camera hooked up, so, by using a relay to switch the video input, along with another relay to switch the reverse lights trigger to a - instead of +, I was able to beat that. It works fine, but it just doesn't feel cool to have to flip switches to watch movies. It makes me feel like I have an Alpine, again. I want voice activation. And a BB gun. And cherry bombs. And $3.00 to buy cherry bombs. And a time machine. And a remote-controlled head of lettuce.

You don't honestly believe they are going to mail you a disk that lets you commit a crime do you?

Does anybody here have their Z2 registered with pioneer because if all this update stuff is true they would just send out a disk with software revision,as the update is useless to the Z2 supposely since it has the latest maps

Check your grounds. I saw three of them "updated/upgraded" in a half hour and none of them ever came back and complained that it didn't work

I have the June Z2 image with the 2 wires grounded. "Parking brake improperly connected" error comes up as soon as I start moving. I'm calling BS until I see a video of someone driving with their menus active and hardware in "3d Hybrid".

Check your grounds. I saw three of them "updated/upgraded" in a half hour and none of them ever came back and complained that it didn't work

Grounds are good, as the Bluetooth Updated Z1 image is bypassed.