AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 & Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Guide

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Droid you need to get the Bluetooth File Transfer program in the app Marketplace. Then you need to make sure that you disable the a2dp portion of the bluetooth handshake ie media on the phone

Service Provider: AT&T Wireless

Phone: LG VU CU920 (aka CU915, TU915)

Auto-Connect: Yes

Basic Function: Yes

Phone Book Transfer: One-by-one

Voice Calling: Yes

Call History Log: Did not attempt - will later

Signal/Battery Strength Indicator: No/No

BT Audio Capable: No success to date

Well, no thanks to you all :wink: I bought the LG VU (CU920) anyway. I messed with it multiple times yesterday to no avail. About an hour ago, I took my lunch and tried it again. I deleted all of the old BT settings in both the VU & D3, then tried it again.

I turned the VU's BT on and set the D3 to search for BT devices...It found the phone. I selected the VU on the D3's screen, it said "connecting," and the VU prompted me to input the password (0000). Then a beautiful thing happened...it connected! Registered the phone in the D3/BTB200 and all is well.

In order to transfer phonebook entries, you need to disconnect the BT link (you can select "Phonebook Transfer" under the D3 Function menu and it will disco the two). Go to the VU's phonebook, select [Contact] > [Options] > [send vCard Via] > [bluetooth] > [Pioneer BT unit].

Much to my surprise, it autoconnects/disco's upon entering/exiting the car, without any extra settings. My V3xx needed a few BT settings changed to allow it to do that on its own.

I'll edit this to include my success with the BT Audio, and the other issues.

• 2 weeks later...
SPrint releases the Treo 800w (Windows Mobile 6.1). It has Bluetooth 2.0. Anyone using bluetooth 2.0 able to connect to a D3 without using Jetware?

IGO

Update..

I installed Jerware but never paid or registered it. I was able to connect and using all bluetooth functions except Voice and Phonebook tranfer. After the trial period ended on Jetware..I have been still able to connect flawlessly. Plus I have a solid connection with bt audio also....able to advance and repeat via the D3 screen. Im able to keep my Treo 800w in my pocket totally. Yippie!!!!

• 1 month later...
Has anyone had any luck with the new Blackberry Bold, 9000? They refuse to auto connect

Yes I got this to work tonight after much frustration. I will try to explain what steps I took. For search purposes this guide pertains to Bluetooth pairing on the AVIC D3 with the Blackberry 9000 also known as the Blackberry Bold.

Before you start, make sure on your Bold/9000 that you go to Manage Connections --> Bluetooth Options and then click your Blackberry button. You should get a pop-up menu and one of the choices on the menu should be Options. Click this and verify that Discoverable is set to Yes and all the listed services have a check mark by them. For whatever reason it seemed to only work for me when I discovered the phone from the head unit, but not when I discovered the head unit from the phone. Screwball.

I had to delete my BB8820 from the system. I could not get the BB9000 to connect without this. i.e. it would not let me have both devices registered. Who knows why. I never tried to add the BB8820 back in after getting the BB9000 registered. If you have another BB registered you might have to do this. To accomplish this, from the main menu do the following:

1. Press AV Source

2. Press BT-TEL

3. Press Menu

4. Press Function

5. Press Phone Register

6. Press the Delete button next to your old phone.

I also had to reset the pin number on the head unit/BT module because for whatever reason the default 0000 pairing pin that worked fine for my BB8820 would not work for the BB9000. How to do this was on page 24 of my factory Pioneer Bluetooth guide. In case you don't have the factory guide, here are the steps:

1. Click the Menu button

2. Go to AV Source and press the Off button in the lower right corner

3. Press the Initial button at the top middle of the screen

4. Press the PIN Edit button

5. Key in whatever you want, I used the last 4 digits of my SSN

6. Press Enter

7. Press the Back button

8. Press the AV Source button

9. Press the BT-TEL button

So now you should have your BB9000 set up for discovery, your old handset deleted from the D3 registry, and a new pin number in the system. Time to make a BT connection.

1. From the main menu, press AV Source

2. Press the BT-TEL button

3. Press the Menu button

4. Press the Function button

5. Press Phone Connect

6. On your BB9000, go to Manage Connections --> Bluetooth Options, and press your Blackberry button. One of the choices on the pop-up menu is Add Device. Select this. The BB9000 will then ask you if you want to Search, Listen, or Cancel. Select Listen.

7. IMMEDIATELY press Search on your D3. It will search, and should shortly present you with a button with either "Name not found" or your BB9000 device name. Pressing the Phone Name button gives you the hardware address of the device.

8. On the D3, press the button that has the name of your BB9000/hardware address on it. The word Connect should flash in the top right hand corner of your D3, and after about 10-15 seconds should connect to your BB9000

In order to get the device to Auto Connect every time you get near your vehicle, you may have to make two more setting changes - one on the BB9000 and one on the D3. On the D3, Auto Connect has to be set to On in the BT-TEL configuration. If you don't know how to do that, let me know and I'll post the procedure. To set your BB9000 so it can auto connect, do the following:

1. On your BB9000 go to Manage Connection --> Bluetooth Options.

2. You should see "Pioneer BT Unit2" or something like that listed in the Paired Devices list.

3. Select the Pioneer BT Unit and click your Blackberry button.

4. Select Device Properties from the pop-up menu.

5. Make sure Trusted is set to Yes.

This process is needlessly complex, laborious, and non-intuitive. I like this head-unit, but I think someone was on crystal meth when they came up with this pairing process. The process to transfer the address book from the BB9000 was even more screwball. That's the topic of another post. I did discover in all this that I could stream music and movies from my BB9000 to the D3. That didn't work with my BB8820 and is definitely cool.

-E

FINE PRINT

This forum has helped me out so much since I got my D3 and I am eternally grateful. I was fortunate to get two BB9000 from my company's AT&T rep on Nov 4 for 50% of the retail price. I figured it was my turn to give something back to this community. Hopefully this guide will help someone else almost as much as I've been helped by everyone here. Thanks everyone!

Phone: Blackberry 9000 (aka Bold)

Phone Book Transfer: Yes (about 200 records in 30 seconds)

Voice Calling: Yes

Call History Log: Yes

Signal/Battery Strength Indicator: Yes/Yes

BT Audio Capable: Yes

BT Video Capable: Yes

Thank-you eheisig for having a step-by-step directions on how you got it to work. The old phone on my Avic is my 8525 so maybe it was having a similar problem to your old BB.

I really want to go out to my car right now and try this but I need to wake up early tomorrow, lol.

It's a good bet. Either that or the PIN number needs to be changed.

Tomorrow when I get home I will trying registering one of my 8700s and one of the 8820s as well and see if I can get them all married up and working without deleting the 9000. Wait...is that polygamy...? ;)

I'll post my results if I get to it.

-E

But the weird thing is... with my 8525, I dont ever recall having my phone in the register slot. It just worked, haha. And with my Bold, I have to keep searching on the avic, like you stated and re-enter my password. While, on the 8525, whenever it was near, it would auto connect. Nor was my Bold in the registered slot too

Hopefully, I can just change the PIN and have it work like my old phone

Thank-you eheisig for having a step-by-step directions on how you got it to work. The old phone on my Avic is my 8525 so maybe it was having a similar problem to your old BB.

I really want to go out to my car right now and try this but I need to wake up early tomorrow, lol.

It's a good bet. Either that or the PIN number needs to be changed.

Tomorrow when I get home I will trying registering one of my 8700s and one of the 8820s as well and see if I can get them all married up and working without deleting the 9000. Wait...is that polygamy...? ;)

I'll post my results if I get to it.

-E

Well, I was able to get it working and it is working perfectly. For some reason, I cant send my contacts over but that isnt a big deal since I never used it. Not to mention, with voice command and vlingo, I dont really need to have that either

Thank-you again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Phone: HTC Fuze

Auto-Connect: No

Basic Function: No

Phone Book Transfer: No

Voice Calling: No

Call History Log: Not Tested

Signal/Battery Strength Indicator: No/No

BT Audio Capable: Not tested

Well, after maybe 2 trys of trying to get this god sent phone to work normal and having no luck I thought back to my HTC Tilt I just upgraged from and went to the jetware website downloaded it and babaaam...works like a charm.

Phone: HTC Fuze

Phone Book Transfer: Yes, One Transfer of all

Voice Calling: Not Tested

Call History Log: Yes

Signal/Battery Strength Indicator: Yes/Yes

BT Audio Capable: Not tested

Great info but I have a few questions. I have the Blackberry Curve and it auto connects everytime however the BT Audio connects sometimes and when it does I can't get the audio player to work. How do you load the songs and start BT Audio to work?

I was also able to transfer my phone but and using the Category functions within phone.

Another questions. How do we get the D3 phone ringer to ring louder? Mine rings very softly and the only option seems to be on or off.

Lastly does anyone know how to answer the phone only/disconnect from the D3 BT when the phone rings? Sometimes I don't want everyone in the car on the conversation.

Thanks,

Has anyone had any luck with the new Blackberry Bold, 9000? They refuse to auto connect

Yes I got this to work tonight after much frustration. I will try to explain what steps I took. For search purposes this guide pertains to Bluetooth pairing on the AVIC D3 with the Blackberry 9000 also known as the Blackberry Bold.

Before you start, make sure on your Bold/9000 that you go to Manage Connections --> Bluetooth Options and then click your Blackberry button. You should get a pop-up menu and one of the choices on the menu should be Options. Click this and verify that Discoverable is set to Yes and all the listed services have a check mark by them. For whatever reason it seemed to only work for me when I discovered the phone from the head unit, but not when I discovered the head unit from the phone. Screwball.

I had to delete my BB8820 from the system. I could not get the BB9000 to connect without this. i.e. it would not let me have both devices registered. Who knows why. I never tried to add the BB8820 back in after getting the BB9000 registered. If you have another BB registered you might have to do this. To accomplish this, from the main menu do the following:

1. Press AV Source

2. Press BT-TEL

3. Press Menu

4. Press Function

5. Press Phone Register

6. Press the Delete button next to your old phone.

I also had to reset the pin number on the head unit/BT module because for whatever reason the default 0000 pairing pin that worked fine for my BB8820 would not work for the BB9000. How to do this was on page 24 of my factory Pioneer Bluetooth guide. In case you don't have the factory guide, here are the steps:

1. Click the Menu button

2. Go to AV Source and press the Off button in the lower right corner

3. Press the Initial button at the top middle of the screen

4. Press the PIN Edit button

5. Key in whatever you want, I used the last 4 digits of my SSN

6. Press Enter

7. Press the Back button

8. Press the AV Source button

9. Press the BT-TEL button

So now you should have your BB9000 set up for discovery, your old handset deleted from the D3 registry, and a new pin number in the system. Time to make a BT connection.

1. From the main menu, press AV Source

2. Press the BT-TEL button

3. Press the Menu button

4. Press the Function button

5. Press Phone Connect

6. On your BB9000, go to Manage Connections --> Bluetooth Options, and press your Blackberry button. One of the choices on the pop-up menu is Add Device. Select this. The BB9000 will then ask you if you want to Search, Listen, or Cancel. Select Listen.

7. IMMEDIATELY press Search on your D3. It will search, and should shortly present you with a button with either "Name not found" or your BB9000 device name. Pressing the Phone Name button gives you the hardware address of the device.

8. On the D3, press the button that has the name of your BB9000/hardware address on it. The word Connect should flash in the top right hand corner of your D3, and after about 10-15 seconds should connect to your BB9000

In order to get the device to Auto Connect every time you get near your vehicle, you may have to make two more setting changes - one on the BB9000 and one on the D3. On the D3, Auto Connect has to be set to On in the BT-TEL configuration. If you don't know how to do that, let me know and I'll post the procedure. To set your BB9000 so it can auto connect, do the following:

1. On your BB9000 go to Manage Connection --> Bluetooth Options.

2. You should see "Pioneer BT Unit2" or something like that listed in the Paired Devices list.

3. Select the Pioneer BT Unit and click your Blackberry button.

4. Select Device Properties from the pop-up menu.

5. Make sure Trusted is set to Yes.

This process is needlessly complex, laborious, and non-intuitive. I like this head-unit, but I think someone was on crystal meth when they came up with this pairing process. The process to transfer the address book from the BB9000 was even more screwball. That's the topic of another post. I did discover in all this that I could stream music and movies from my BB9000 to the D3. That didn't work with my BB8820 and is definitely cool.

-E

FINE PRINT

This forum has helped me out so much since I got my D3 and I am eternally grateful. I was fortunate to get two BB9000 from my company's AT&T rep on Nov 4 for 50% of the retail price. I figured it was my turn to give something back to this community. Hopefully this guide will help someone else almost as much as I've been helped by everyone here. Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Phone-SW Version: Samsung Eternity

Autoconnect: Yes

Basic Function: ALL

Phone Book Transfer: Yes, but only one at a time.

Voice Calling: No

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes and Yes

BT Audio Capable?: Yes, well, sorta. It doesn't connect reliably at all. Works fine with my Motorola S9 headset though.