AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 & Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Guide

Hello all.. new to the boards...

Has anyone had any luck transferring contacts from the Samsung SGH-a737? There isn't any option, that I've found, in the contacts menu that allows me to transfer them. Every time I use the phone book transfer from the CD-BTB200 the connection between it and the phone disconnects. I've found that I can move contacts from the address book to "My Stuff" folder where the entries become .vcf files. The phone offers the option to transfer these over bluetooth but, again, I can't seem to maintain the connection everytime I try to use the transfer phone book option from the B2B200.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Droid you need to get the Bluetooth File Transfer program in the app Marketplace. Then you need to make sure that you disable the a2dp portion of the bluetooth handshake ie media on the phone

Has anyone had any luck transferring contacts from the Samsung SGH-a737? There isn't any option, that I've found, in the contacts menu that allows me to transfer them. Every time I use the phone book transfer from the CD-BTB200 the connection between it and the phone disconnects. I've found that I can move contacts from the address book to "My Stuff" folder where the entries become .vcf files. The phone offers the option to transfer these over bluetooth but, again, I can't seem to maintain the connection everytime I try to use the transfer phone book option from the B2B200.

when your phone disconnects, you could transfer only one contact at a time ; on your phone go to the address book and highlight the person you want to transfer and transfer it via bluetooth. then you will see on the d3 confirm the transfer.

when your phone disconnects, you could transfer only one contact at a time ; on your phone go to the address book and highlight the person you want to transfer and transfer it via bluetooth. then you will see on the d3 confirm the transfer.

Do you have the same handset Tony? I tried looking for an option to send right from the address book on the phone but there isn't. When moving the contacts to the "My Stuff" folder on the phone, I'm allowed an option but when I select it, the BTB200 is not on the device list to send to.

Do you have the same handset Tony? I tried looking for an option to send right from the address book on the phone but there isn't. When moving the contacts to the "My Stuff" folder on the phone, I'm allowed an option but when I select it, the BTB200 is not on the device list to send to.

i have a samsung d807 also a slider phone. make sure you register your

phone first in the d3. from your phones contact list choose a contact click options then send via bluetooth. did that make sense?

Tony it makes perfect sense... two problems though:

1. send via bluetooth option is not available from the contacts menu (i.e. it's not on the options list when going into the contacts menu and hitting options)

2. even when moving the contacts to the "my stuff" menu where the send via bluetooth option is available, the phone is apparently not recognizing the BTB200 as something it can send the contacts to. It lets me send info to my laptop from here but the BTB200 doesn't even show up on the devices list when I try to select the device to send to.

It's tough not to get really frustrated with this.. the bluetooth module and phone are brand new and I can't get the contacts into the phone book.

[edit] forgot to mention, the phone is registered and it pairs up with the module automatically, every time I get in the car.

Tony it makes perfect sense... two problems though:

1. send via bluetooth option is not available from the contacts menu (i.e. it's not on the options list when going into the contacts menu and hitting options)

2. even when moving the contacts to the "my stuff" menu where the send via bluetooth option is available, the phone is apparently not recognizing the BTB200 as something it can send the contacts to. It lets me send info to my laptop from here but the BTB200 doesn't even show up on the devices list when I try to select the device to send to.

It's tough not to get really frustrated with this.. the bluetooth module and phone are brand new and I can't get the contacts into the phone book.

[edit] forgot to mention, the phone is registered and it pairs up with the module automatically, every time I get in the car.

first connect /register phone in d3 which i believe you did

when you hit phonebook transfer on d3 your phone will disconnect

time to transfer your phone contacts (1 at a time via your phone)

Heres what i see on my phone

contact list > i choose 1 contact (lets say wife) > option > send via > bluetooth >search new device > u should see pioneer> thats it

hope that helps you out. let me know if it works

Doesn't work..

Here's how my phone is laid out:

contact list > choose 1 contact > options > at this point there is no "send" option offered but there is a "send business card" which I think is just a new name for the option of sending the contact > pick 1. Message or 2. Bluetooth for transfer method.

Problem is, when I do the above and select bluetooth, the "Pioneer BT unit2" is not on the devices list to select from. If I hit search for more devices, more often then not it'll find it but I'm only allowed the opportunity to connect or disconnect with it - never the option to send to it.

It has to be this model of phone. I tried transferring contacts as .vcf files this morning from my laptop and they actually transferred. Trouble is, the BTB200 doesn't list those contacts in the phonebook for my phone so I suppose they're actually assigned somehow as they're getting transferred in... I'm just about ready to give up.

[EDIT] Having re-read both of our last responses, I'm realizing my issue is not finding the option to send the contact but getting my handset to connect to the pioneer when I want to send.... that's strange because in general the pioneer and phone pair with no problem whenever I get in the car and I can make calls from the handset that go through the pioneer and manually dial numbers out with no problem from the pioneer... but the handset just wont connect to the pioneer while it's in transfer phone book mode... any thoughts anyone?

Hi guys,

I am using the Btb200 with the Motorola Ming and it works pretty well. As always I was not able to transfer my phonebook, but, I was able to send contacts one by one. It was not that bad since I saw it as an investment and I only sent over about the 25 people who I know I would defiantly call while in my car. When the phone rings it sends my ring tone directly to the unit. The way that I was able to do this was that I turned the avic ring tone option off so instead of getting the annoying beeps that you get when you have a call I hear, Jay- z "roc boys". It auto connects by the time I put my car in reverse and performs just as it was intended to (ie pausing tracks upon receipt of a call and resuming upon completion).

Phone Specs

Service Provider: Unlocked (Using with Cingular)

Phone: Motorola A1200 (Ming)

Carrier: Unlocked

Functionality

Phonebook Transfer: No

Auto connect: Yes

Bluetooth Audio: Yes

Voice Calling: No

t4o6o2l you may be right.. I sent off to Samsung earlier this week to see what they had to say about it and this was their response:

"Dear Luis,

Thank you for your inquiry. We cannot guarantee complete functionality and compatibility with our phones used in conjunction with third party devices such as this. These devices may possibly cause damage to your product thus we recommend not to use the device as this may void the warranty. Samsung does not support the use of third party devices.

We do apologize for your inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Technical Support"

I knew I shouldn't have gotten a Samsung phone.

I purchased the Pearl (through Verizon) and thought it was the answer (see earlier posts as I have tried many phones). While the Pearl Auto connects, I can't transfer the phone book (which if I have to I can live with) but I have a call waiting problem.

The call waiting keeps ringing and ringing through the car speakers, even if I answer the call or ignore it. I have to end all calls and then call someone back. This I can't live with.

Bottom line, all Verizon phones suck. I think I am goin to cancel and go w/ ATT. They can't be worse.

J

Doesn't work..

Here's how my phone is laid out:

contact list > choose 1 contact > options > at this point there is no "send" option offered but there is a "send business card" which I think is just a new name for the option of sending the contact > pick 1. Message or 2. Bluetooth for transfer method.

Problem is, when I do the above and select bluetooth, the "Pioneer BT unit2" is not on the devices list to select from. If I hit search for more devices, more often then not it'll find it but I'm only allowed the opportunity to connect or disconnect with it - never the option to send to it.

It has to be this model of phone. I tried transferring contacts as .vcf files this morning from my laptop and they actually transferred. Trouble is, the BTB200 doesn't list those contacts in the phonebook for my phone so I suppose they're actually assigned somehow as they're getting transferred in... I'm just about ready to give up.

[EDIT] Having re-read both of our last responses, I'm realizing my issue is not finding the option to send the contact but getting my handset to connect to the pioneer when I want to send.... that's strange because in general the pioneer and phone pair with no problem whenever I get in the car and I can make calls from the handset that go through the pioneer and manually dial numbers out with no problem from the pioneer... but the handset just wont connect to the pioneer while it's in transfer phone book mode... any thoughts anyone?

did you remember how did you connect/register your samsung to the d3? i remembered i initiated the registration of the phone through the d3

(d3 did the search) and not the other way around . this is just an idea, i would cancel the registered phone and do a reset on the btb200 (theres a button there) and start from scratch. i dont know if that will make a difference. good luck, hope you could get it to work.

Thanks again Tony, for the suggestions, but I've tried them too and no go. I deleted, registered the phone and reset the btb a number of times, in all different orders and nothing...

Looking through the phone's menus a little more closely I found that it can display the bluetooth service lists of devices it's been connected to before. For instance, after having paired with my laptop I can look at the computer's bluetooth service list from the phone. It includes object push which is the method the btb uses to receive contacts. The phone doesn't show object push as an available service for the btb though so, apparently, it doesn't recognize it's there (even though it is)... so I don't know where to go from there.. no help from samsung or pioneer and, even though the phone's been out for a while, I can't seem to find anything online about this... it may be time to exchange this phone.

Anyone figure out how to connect the Palm Treo 755p from Sprint? There were a couple of posts last year but no replies.

Thanks

Yeah... Anyone.... Anyone....?????

Just tried mine tonight and got nothing by either method (searching from phone for pioneer unit or searching from pioneer unit for the phone).

They both detect one another but they just won't pair....

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!