AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 & Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Guide

Just wanted to add that I installed Microsoft VoiceCommand on my tilt, and while it works, i can't hear the voice prompts through the stereo. If i turn the stereo up allllll the way i can hear it faintly, but otherwise nothing. If i switch to BT-Audio mode, it comes through nice and clear, but that doesnt really help. Every volume option i could find was already turned up all the way, so i'm not sure what else to try. The program works really well, and can be activated with the Voice button in the BT-Tel screen, so if i could just hear it that would totally rock.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Droid you need to get the Bluetooth File Transfer program in the app Marketplace. Then you need to make sure that you disable the a2dp portion of the bluetooth handshake ie media on the phone

Service Provider: AT&T Wireless

Phone-SW Version: Samsung SYNC A707

Autoconnect: Yes

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, ) Yes

Phone Book Transfer: No & does not work with pushing 1 contact at a time either.

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: No / No

Custom Ring tones work through the AVIC

• 3 weeks later...

Service Provider: Sprint

Phone-SW Version: HTC Touch (w/ Jetware installed)

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory)

Phone Book Transfer: With Jetware I can push the whole book

Voice Calling: Yes, Seems to work, but phone commands are not ouput through car's speaker

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes / Yes

BT Audio Capable?: Not tested

Question... I can't get the Caller ID to show up on the D3... anyone able to get their caller ID up on a WM6 PPC???

Not looking through 11 pages to see if this is a duplicate, so here'goes it:

Phone-SW Version: Motorola RAZR V3xx

Phone Book Transfer: Yes. 1 contact at a time via "send contact" > "via Bluetooth" while in phonebook area in AVIC.

BT Audio Capable?: YES. No autoconnect. Set AVIC source to BT-Audio. On phone goto: Music Player. Begin song. "Options" > "Listen via Bluetooth"

Custom Ring tones don't seem to work through the AVIC...but I haven't played with it too much.

has anyone used this with the T-Mobile Dash

I have, but with a different ROM than the T-Mobile factory config. I have the T-Mobile Dash, but I put on the official HTC ROM and reflashed the phone (the stock T-Mobile ROM was just too slow and had too many apps that I didn't want/need). I doubt that this makes any difference given that JetWare is a 3rd party app, but I just wanted to let you know. I believe that it should work just fine.

I used JetWare Mobile 1.31 to get it to work. I gave up trying to get it to work with the stock BT setup (maybe it will work, maybe it won't - I just didn't want to sit around trying over and over with different settings since I knew that Jetware was pretty much a sure bet).

With Jetware 1.31 Installed...

Service Provider: T-Mobile

Phone-SW Version: T-Mobile Dash (flashed to the HTC ROM)

Voice Call: Yes, both speed dial and voice command

Phone Book Transfer: Yes. Jetware allows you to do all contacts at once if you wish.

BT Audio Capable?: Yes. No autoconnect. Set AVIC source to BT-Audio. On the phone: I had to enable the bluetooth audio. It does work, however.

I will also confirm that this works with T-Mobile's Samsung T809 as well (no need to install a 3rd party app). Autoconnect, make/receive calls, transfer entire phone book at once, but not BT audio capable (from what I could tell) and it will not show signal/battery strength.

Service Provider: AT&T

Phone-SW Version: iPhone v1.1.3

Basic Function: Make calls receive calls, no voice dialing, no phonebook transfer, no data on screen when receiving calls at the head unit or making calls from the iPhone (and using handsfree set to talk).

Phone Book Transfer: No!!! iPhone will not have the ability I expect it is because it does not have Object Push compatibility.

Voice Calling: No

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Didn't really notice

When I bought this at Car Toys I was told that it was compatible with the iPhone. It in fact is not very compatible. The iPod part works great (with a warning on the iPhone that goes away after it starts playing). The phonebook transfer will not work for the iPhone at all and I tested the phonebook transfer with many ohter cell phones we have here and they all failed. I tested the Motorola Razr (do not know model), Sony Ericsson W810i, iPhone 4GB v1.1.3.

I believe if I had known this was the facts before i bought it I probably would have bought it anyway because I solved it like this:

I moved the iPhone (iPod) cable from the glove box to a location where I could connect it to my mounted dock and then use the iPhone in the mounted dock for the calls I need to make and receive them through the handsfree set.

In all other aspects this is a great stereo and handsfree set up.

I might add that with the AVIC D3 the idea of having to have the navigation DVD inserted to make new routes is troublesome though.

Service Provider: Sprint

Phone-SW Version: HTC Touch (w/ Jetware installed)

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory)

Phone Book Transfer: With Jetware I can push the whole book

Voice Calling: Yes, Seems to work, but phone commands are not ouput through car's speaker

Question... I can't get the Caller ID to show up on the D3... anyone able to get their caller ID up on a WM6 PPC???

I'm having one heck of a time getting my Sprint HTC touch to work. I installed jetware and could make a call once. Now sometimes it pairs and I can make a call through the d3, but the sound is output through the phone only. However, BT audio works great and pumps through the car speakers. Also, everytime I try to push the phonebook, the system crashes and I lose BT connection completely. What am I doing wrong?

Service Provider: HELIO

Phone: Pantech Ocean

SW Version: n/a

Auto-Connect: n/a

Basic Function: n/a

Phone Book Transfer: n/a

Voice Calling: n/a

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: n/a

BT Audio Capable: n/a

CONNECTS AND THEN SHOWS ERROR CONNECTING

Service Provider: HELIO

Phone: Samsung HEAT

SW Version: n/a

Auto-Connect: n/a

Basic Function: n/a

Phone Book Transfer: n/a

Voice Calling: n/a

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: n/a

BT Audio Capable: n/a

CONNECTS FOR LESS THAN 1 MINUTE, THEN DISCONNECTS AND IS NOT FOUND WHEN SEARCHED, ONLY APPEARS AGAIN WHEN I RESET THE Pionner Bluetooth.

Phone-SW Version: Tilt (HTC 8900)

Basic Function: Yes (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory)

Phone Book Transfer: Yes, transfered entire phonebook at one time.

Voice Calling: Not sure, havent tried, dont use it much.

BT Audio Capable?: Yes, worked fine

Other Comments: Had loads of trouble with trying to connect to the BTB, until I installed the jetware software, then it worked like a charm. Only trouble I had was registering the phone (guess I should read directions.... I wasnt holding the "slot" long enough :oops: ) Otherwise, no complaints, autoconnects everytime, caller id works, direct dial works, very satisfied.

Other Comments: Had loads of trouble with trying to connect to the BTB, until I installed the jetware software, then it worked like a charm. Only trouble I had was registering the phone (guess I should read directions.... I wasnt holding the "slot" long enough :oops: ) Otherwise, no complaints, autoconnects everytime, caller id works, direct dial works, very satisfied.

finally got my htc touch to work using the orange version of jetware. however, im not sure how to push the entire phonebook over at once. i must have read the manual 3x and couldnt get it to work. could you tell me step by step how you did yours on your tilt? thanks!

finally got my htc touch to work using the orange version of jetware. however, im not sure how to push the entire phonebook over at once. i must have read the manual 3x and couldnt get it to work. could you tell me step by step how you did yours on your tilt? thanks!

I believe that its not the phone software that sends over the entire phonebook its the jetware software.

On the Tilt I went to program files then to the bluetooth options folder. thats were the Jetware program is (on mine its labled hands free config). Go to menu and then phonebook options. In the phonebook options go to menu again and there is a send contacts item. Make sure your d3 is ready to transfer phonebook then click done on the phone and it should send everything over.

Hope this helps.

Service Provider: Verizon Wireless

Phone-SW Version: Blackberry 8830

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory) Yes

Phone Book Transfer: YES!! :D

Voice Calling: Yes, Seems to work, but phone commands are ouput at very, very low volume