AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 & Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Guide

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Droid you need to get the Bluetooth File Transfer program in the app Marketplace. Then you need to make sure that you disable the a2dp portion of the bluetooth handshake ie media on the phone

Anyone figure out how to connect the Palm Treo 755p from Sprint? There were a couple of posts last year but no replies.

Thanks

Yeah... Anyone.... Anyone....?????

Just tried mine tonight and got nothing by either method (searching from phone for pioneer unit or searching from pioneer unit for the phone).

They both detect one another but they just won't pair....

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pioneer says that a Palm Smartphone won't connect to the CD-BTB200. I tried to raise this issue with Pioneer customer service, in that there are several million Palm OS-based phones out there (Palm just sold its millionth Centro, and that's just the newest model), and that this known incompatibility could have been posted on their web site. I pointed out that there is an FAQ devoted to telling everyone that the iPhone will work, and there aren't anywhere near as many iPhones out there as there are Palm OS phones. The CS guy's reply was that marketing wasn't going to pass along negative information.

BTW, he hinted that the next generation AVIC D-4(?) would have the Bluetooth receiver built in, not an add-on module. He didn't say whether it would be any more compatible with smartphones.

The upshot is that if you have a Palm OS phone and a CD-BTB200, you're hosed. Thanks, Pioneer. Perhaps they think that I am going to dump another $1000 or so on the D-4. They can think again.

I did just purchase a Palm 700wx on eBay and am trying to make it work now. I did get it to connect and dial through the AVIC once, but I couldn't get the connection to "stick." When I tried to re-pair it, I couldn't. I will be troubleshooting this further. Yes, I did get the JetwareMobile software.

Anyone figure out how to connect the Palm Treo 755p from Sprint? There were a couple of posts last year but no replies.

Thanks

Yeah... Anyone.... Anyone....?????

Just tried mine tonight and got nothing by either method (searching from phone for pioneer unit or searching from pioneer unit for the phone).

They both detect one another but they just won't pair....

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pioneer says that a Palm Smartphone won't connect to the CD-BTB200. I tried to raise this issue with Pioneer customer service, in that there are several million Palm OS-based phones out there (Palm just sold its millionth Centro, and that's just the newest model), and that this known incompatibility could have been posted on their web site. I pointed out that there is an FAQ devoted to telling everyone that the iPhone will work, and there aren't anywhere near as many iPhones out there as there are Palm OS phones. The CS guy's reply was that marketing wasn't going to pass along negative information.

BTW, he hinted that the next generation AVIC D-4(?) would have the Bluetooth receiver built in, not an add-on module. He didn't say whether it would be any more compatible with smartphones.

The upshot is that if you have a Palm OS phone and a CD-BTB200, you're hosed. Thanks, Pioneer. Perhaps they think that I am going to dump another $1000 or so on the D-4. They can think again.

I did just purchase a Palm 700wx on eBay and am trying to make it work now. I did get it to connect and dial through the AVIC once, but I couldn't get the connection to "stick." When I tried to re-pair it, I couldn't. I will be troubleshooting this further. Yes, I did get the JetwareMobile software.

Wow this sucks, Pioneer knew this and could have saved people with these phones the cost of the module plus install since they are completely useless, I used to have a Palm 700wx, they use Windows Mobile instead of Palm OS so maybe you have an outside chance to get it working, good luck and thanks for the info.

there's a lil of caveat emptor so to speak.

Buyer beware. as long as Pioneer knows what phones don't work and has a list available, it is our duty as a buyer to do a lil research to find otu if it works or not.

However, I never bothered to check if there is a compatibility list.

a simple good list would be great listing each phone with what functions work. This thread is a bit of a chore to wade through

Ok here we go again... Got tired of the Tilts rediculously short battery life (6-8 hrs on mine tops) and got a Blackberry Pearl (should have done that in the first place) So....

Service Provider: AT&T

Phone-SW Version: Blackberry 8100 (v 4.2.1.96)

Autoconnect: Yes

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory) Yes

Phone Book Transfer: Yes transfers all at one time

Voice Calling: Not tested

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes

BT Audio Capable?: Not tested

I was bored

I went through this entire thread this morning and created an excell document based on anyone who listed their phone.

I ignored paragraph conversations and just used the ones that were listed clearly.

I'm hosting it on my webpage so i can update it regularly

http://goalielife.com/BTBComp.xls

You Sir; are a God. Thanx so much, this was exactly what i was looking for and even started to half ass create, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

ALL MOTOROLA RAZR's- I read someone's instructions and it worked perfectly but ONE ENTRY AT A TIME. You must be on the screen with the phonebook download is. Once you disconnect, don't touch the screen but go to your phone and bring up one entry. Once on your chosen name, push the view button and scroll down until it says: "Share phonebook entry". Select and hit bluetooth. An "object exchange" screen appears with Pioneer BTB or "look for devices". Since my phone has already been established, I chose Pioneer BTB and it downloaded number and checks it off. The screen will say COMPLETED(on top) after every entry. You have to do one at a time. It's less than a minute for entire step once you get the hang of it. Just make sure your engine is running cuz my battery DIED while editing my phone numbers using the AVIC screen editing tab.!!!

I just had mine installed (by my bro) yesterday, did not read the manual or anything basically just played around with my phone and the screen, i had everything set in 30 mins..... I have a blackberry 8100, originally from tmobile, but it is unlocked so I have it working for AT&T. Phone book transfer, i did it once and transferred all my contacts to the headunit.. 8100 owners having troubles, let me know, i can give you a step by step instruction.. the presets are awesome. You can either create a new number right there on the screen or you can look it up on your phone book, if you have it transferred already. It is basically like setting up stations on the radio, you type the number or search the name you want on your preset, tap the number and it will bring you back to the preset menu, pick a Preset button you want it saved, and tap and hold down until the name appears... I havent figured out how to turn off ringer from my phone when its connected.. but so far i am loving this purchase!

Anyone who gets a Samsung U940 (Glyde) from Verizon goodluck. It took me forever to even get it to pair. Then I never could get the phonebook to transfer by either trying the whole thing or 1 by 1. I returned the phone(other issues I didn't like either) and I'm back using my Samsung U740 which I set up just as easily this time as it did the first time. Paired right away and transferred whole phonebook right away.

I paired my LG MUZIQ last week and it paired well...Now all of a sudden it connects and then the connection drops immediately within a second and I get the NO CONNECTION message...wth ! whats wrong??

anyone successfully using the LG MUZIQ with b/t ?